CU - Female Masterminds - That few?

novi

On 7/14/2020 at 6:55 PM, novi said:

I was looking at the books to see if there was a female mastermind-type villain to build a campaign around, and I came back with only only 3.5 choices.  Are there really that few canon choices?  For the purposes of this exercise, I'm looking for villains likely to run a big scheme that takes multiple adventures to fully stop.  Just having a lot of points isn't what I want - Galaxia is strong, but she doesn't have the resources & contacts for a grand scheme.

........................................................................................

Is that it?  I'd like to make sure I've considered all the canon choices before I start gender-flipping or inventing new villains.

So, novi, was any of this stuff helpful to you?

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 1:07 PM, Lord Liaden said:

So, novi, was any of this stuff helpful to you?

Sorry, I've been distracted/busy the last... month?  Really?  Finally buying Civ VI in the Steam summer sale certainly didn't help. :P

But yes, what you guys have said here is helpful, and proves my hunch that I was missing a bunch of options.  Also, so many characters out there from the 30-40 years that Champions has been out there.

Now, I might actually be farther from a decision now that I have more options to pick from, but I've also got options for more types of plots and elements to bring in.  Going to have to sit down and make a choice at some point here...

Thanks

1 hour ago, novi said:

Sorry, I've been distracted/busy the last... month?  Really?  Finally buying Civ VI in the Steam summer sale certainly didn't help. :P

But yes, what you guys have said here is helpful, and proves my hunch that I was missing a bunch of options.  Also, so many characters out there from the 30-40 years that Champions has been out there.

Now, I might actually be farther from a decision now that I have more options to pick from, but I've also got options for more types of plots and elements to bring in.  Going to have to sit down and make a choice at some point here...

Thanks

You could try having a Coalition of Female Supervillains. Instead of choosing one big bad, just keep hitting the heroes from different angles until they figure out it can't ALL be one supervillainess.

Of course, that might take the entire length of the campaign for an obvious thing to occur to a group of players....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 1:44 AM, archer said:

You could try having a Coalition of Female Supervillains. Instead of choosing one big bad, just keep hitting the heroes from different angles until they figure out it can't ALL be one supervillainess.

Of course, that might take the entire length of the campaign for an obvious thing to occur to a group of players....

That could be another option.  Just need a good hook for why they've all teamed up.  And stay teamed up; that's always a problem with villains. ;)

WITCH comes to mind. An entire agent organization dedicated to woman domination of the world.

They don't have the numbers like VIPER, but make up for it with a combo of magic and science, and with such projects as sure shot female guarentee cloning, the kill every man in the world virus, and also an army of cloned drones (human versions of drone bees without each gender) with powers.