Any MCU write-ups?

Jmonty

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jmonty said:

I miss the good old days when you could find tens of character adaptations. We have even a Doctor House for Hero System back then, but now the magic is gone.

The magic is gone mostly because us old gornads are actually growing old. I'm 50, yadda yadda, and we don't have many new young bucks coming to the system. Where are they going to get their superhero rpg fix?

I love this thread.  A long while back, I was going to try running a play by e-mail game set in the MCU.  I kept asking if anybody could give me a decent set of stats for Cap.  I kept getting told the old “He’s only a strong human” line.which may be true for SOME runs of the comic but weren’t even close to what he could do in the movies. Look at his getting onboard the boat in the beginning of Winter Soldier.
  Jump out of an aircraft when other Spec War troops used parachutes, swim to the boat, climb the anchor chain (approx. 3 stories) then beat up 8-10 terrorists in under a minute. Then start the mission.
 “Just human”  yeah right.  40 str.  8 spd.   Sounds about right to me.

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

I love this thread.  A long while back, I was going to try running a play by e-mail game set in the MCU.  I kept asking if anybody could give me a decent set of stats for Cap.  I kept getting told the old “He’s only a strong human” line.which may be true for SOME runs of the comic but weren’t even close to what he could do in the movies. Look at his getting onboard the boat in the beginning of Winter Soldier.
  Jump out of an aircraft when other Spec War troops used parachutes, swim to the boat, climb the anchor chain (approx. 3 stories) then beat up 8-10 terrorists in under a minute. Then start the mission.
 “Just human”  yeah right.  40 str.  8 spd.   Sounds about right to me.

In the comic books, I've seen Cap jump off a multi-story building, land on his shield, and spring to his feet completely undamaged.

The reasoning given is that the adamantium/vibranium composition of his shield absorbs force which is directed against the curved surface. That really doesn't matter whether the force is coming from the punch of the Hulk or the force of an 8 story fall. 

Cap’s strength is a variable thing in his history. Some writer will creep it up to superhuman levels until another writer takes over and puts it to a level they think appropriate.

Spidey’s strength on the other hand is pretty consistent over his entire run.   That’s why I was looking for the board to give me a nice non-partisan view about movie Cap’s stats. 

37 minutes ago, archer said:

In the comic books, I've seen Cap jump off a multi-story building, land on his shield, and spring to his feet completely undamaged.

The reasoning given is that the adamantium/vibranium composition of his shield absorbs force which is directed against the curved surface. That really doesn't matter whether the force is coming from the punch of the Hulk or the force of an 8 story fall. 

Steel/vibranium. The adamantium addition was an error and stated as such by the editorial team at the time.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, steriaca said:

The magic is gone mostly because us old gornads are actually growing old. I'm 50, yadda yadda, and we don't have many new young bucks coming to the system. Where are they going to get their superhero rpg fix?

I think you mean Grognard. Gornad is really close to gonad. ;) Where is everyone going to get their superhero fix? Many play games like Mutants & Masterminds, Supers, or Icons. There seem to be more and more superhero games popping up every day, with no end in sight. 

On 9/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, archer said:

I've always seen Cap as having a STR 30, with Commando Training and Shield Training providing extra power as needed. Tricks like Impact Absorption and Inertia Displacement could be part of a Shield Tricks multipower. He also should have some kind of armor. In the comics he wears a chainmail shirt, while in the movies he seems to have some kind of tactical suit.