Superhero Showdown #3: Black Cat v. Catwoman

Guest Hunter1

Guest Hunter1

Black Cat, aka Felicia Hardy (who may be in Spider-Man 2), is in peak physical condition. She is an expert martial artisit. Also, she has "bad luck" powers, but she can not control them. I read that she is a mutant. She carries a cable and has used claws.

Catwoman, aka Selina Kyle (a movie about Catwoman is coming soon) is also in peak, physical condition. She is also an expert martial artist. She carried a whip and she also uses claws. I think so. Unlike Felicia, she has no super powers.

The winner? I think the Black Cat would win, due to her unpredictable, bad luck powers. I believe that Catwoman is the better martial artist, because she has experience fighting Batman and others. However, in a close match, Catwoman would slip on something, and Black Cat would knock her out.

Oh yeah, and Felicia Hardy is hotter.

She is not a mutant, she got her powers in an experiment of the Kingpins. She got the powers because she felt like she needed them so she could keep up with Spider-man who she was at the time dating.

I agree that Black Cat would win because of her powers. In a straight no-powers fight I would have to give it to Catwoman.

Re: Superhero Showdown #3: Black Cat v. Catwoman

Originally posted by Hunter1

Catwoman, aka Selina Kyle (who will be played by Halle Berry) is

Alas, if you are speaking of the upcoming movie? No. Halle Berry will not be playing Selina Kyle, rather, she'll be playing Patience Phillips (or is it Patience Pyrce?I forget) as a new catwoman in, in my IMO, a cheap attempt to cash in on name recognition. Apparently she will have cat powers in this movie as well as one of the ugliest costumes ever (Though there are others not so #$#$y.)

Pardon my derail, but I feel folks should be forewarned before they decide to go.

If we're speaking of them as in the comic books though... I'd give it to Catwoman.

Re: Superhero Showdown #3: Black Cat v. Catwoman

Superhero Showdown #3: Black Cat v. Catwoman

I'd give this to Catwoman. Selina often gives Batman (arguably one of the best DC universe close-combat experts) a run for his money. Plus she's smarter and meaner. Experience is on her side.

Originally posted by Hunter1

Oh yeah, and Felicia Hardy is hotter.

I disagree. Selina rates higher on my personal babe-o-meter. :)

It's very close in my opinion. Sure Catwoman fights the Batman and loses, but Black Cat fights Spider and loses that seems to make them equal on that score in my opinion. Anyways, they're both primarily theives, not hand to hand fighters.

If Felicia has her luck powers then she'd likely win it, since that would naturally tip things in her favour. However without her luck powers, then Catwoman gets the nod, simply because her whip gives her a tremendous reach advantage over Felicia's claws.

Personally, I think they'd be more likely to teamup then fight but that's just me.

Gotta be the Black Cat.

At the penultimate moment the bad luck powers kick in and Selina's whip catches on something pulling her off balance.

Then while she's looking dumbfounded and saying "But that never happened before????" Felicia nails her hard ending the fight and proving the statement ~ When a Black Cat crosses your path...Get outta the way! :D

Now without the bad luck powers I'd give it to Catwoman but as it was stated that Felicia does have them for this fight it has to go to the Black Cat though not easily by any means.

Oh and both are totally hot. :cool:

I'd give this to Catwoman. Selina often gives Batman (arguably one of the best DC universe close-combat experts) a run for his money. Plus she's smarter and meaner. Experience is on her side.

Puh-leaze, I've never figured Batman really put much effort in catching Catwoman. Their "fights" were more like physical flirting. Besides, how many other Gotham City criminals does Batman regularly ally with, get kissed by, and allow to depart on their merry way. She's even helped out the JLA on a few occasions with a whole lot less suspicion than Huntress endured (Case in point the JLA/Titans mini-series). Batman shows the same effort that most Champions heroes show in apprehending Foxbat. :D

Victory goes to Black Cat all the way. :cool: