Western Hero: Rough and Ready Roleplaying

Steve

Very nice!  I have seen several gaming websites give very positive reviews, and that makes me happy, maybe more will hear about it.

Interestingly enough, going around the internet, Hero has a really good reputation still and is admired as a game company

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2021 at 3:06 AM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Very nice!  I have seen several gaming websites give very positive reviews, and that makes me happy, maybe more will hear about it.

Interestingly enough, going around the internet, Hero has a really good reputation still and is admired as a game company

I've bought it and waiting for the POD, very good, very well thought, easy to grab and play and can be expanded with the core rules of needed. 

7 hours ago, HeroGM said:

Skullface - The Phantom Pain from Metal Gear Solid. Would make an interesting character (at least the look) for a Weird Western or even Pulp game.

Really cool looking pic.   No idea what the reference is, but the look is definitely great for a Pulp or Pulp Western.

• 5 months later...

Generally comic book westerns are low powered, and just basically normal westerns. Superhero westerns (Kid Colt, Two Gun Kid) are basically extensions of that, except that stuff like Indian Shamatic Magic and wierd one of the kind machines exist.

Othoe one can look at Steel Ball Run as both wierd western (it IS a part of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure after all) and borderline superheroes. 

I don't have WH yet...so I can't truly say if Steel Ball Run is listed in recomend reading or not...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

The HD files bundled with the Western Hero pdf have all the vehicles listed in the book as well as many of the NPCs found in the adventures etc. 

The Greatest Guns Who Never Were has the HD files of various fictional characters from movies and TV shows, a free download

The Greatest Guns of History has the HD files of the various real life personalities from the old west, also a free download.  Also included is a build of all the new Western-related talents in the book.

*edited: the talent builds are in the Greatest Guns download, no the Western Hero download

Edited by Christopher R Taylor