Reflection-less

Asperion

The topic of vampire reflection got me wondering about if one were to remain totally visible but not be seen in any reflection (mirror, photograph,  camera,  etc) would that be a limitation,  advantage,  or neither.  I can see situations where the advantages balance the problems. What thoughts does everyone at Herodom have on this?

I don't see a value to this ability in combat unless you are facing someone who attacks your character remotely through some sort of remote camera or other system that would be affected by the invisibility.  In contrast, regular invisibility in combat can be very beneficial.

If your character is a burglar who consistently breaks into secure places where most of the security relies on remote surveillance then it has some value.  Otherwise it does not appear to provide much benefit.

I am with Grailknight and Chris on this.  It looks like a character limitation.

I agree that it's mostly an infiltration/espionage edge, not a combat one...altho if power armor's a big deal, that would be an exception.  

But there's definitely cases where it could be huge, in the espionage context.  It'd take something additional;  even a moderate amount of teleport would be huge, or Desolid for tunneling purposes.  So as a hero's power?  Not so great.  For a villain?  Could be pretty darn sweet.

Whether you build this as an Invis power with Always On, or as a phys complication, is gonna depend on whether the character understands how to take advantage of it, and has the means to do so.  I'd actually lean to Invis to Sight Group, No Fringe, Inorganic optics only (value??), 0 END, Persistent, Always On.  I wouldn't be overly pedantic on what the inorganic limitation is worth;  this is 52 active points, and it's rather specialized.  Even if you call it a -1 limitation, the power is costing 21 points.  

Does it work vs things that use camera’s as their vision.  If so it should work vs things like robots and a lot of traps that are activated by camera.  It would also work vs some characters that have camera’s as eyes.  The power does have some use in combat even if it does not affect everyone.  That would make the limitation on it fairly high.

Also just because a power does not affect combat does not mean it is not useful or that the character gets it for free.  There are plenty of powers that are only used out of combat that characters  still have to pay for.   

Put me down for this being bought as invisibility with a large limitation.  I would probably rate that as a -1 ½ limitation myself.  That would bring it down from 21 points to 17.