Easy Teleport Field

Base Assumptions: Teleportation (as described on HSP 334 as the Versatile Teleportation option) is a "spell" that can be learned in the campaign world (don't worry about the points) and requires a skill roll to perform successfully.

Barring GM fiat, how would one describe in game terms a defined area (Area of Effect) that both improves the casting roll slightly and makes the Teleport cost a bit less END?

Half END applied to what base cost, tho?  Naked advantage has to be tied to a max number of points.

I'd also think you need Uncontrolled if anyone can use those skill levels/reduced END, if it's not just you that can use it.

I'd lean to GM fiat, if it's a fixed location, and it can only be used to teleport OUT from the circle.  If nothing else, the fact that it's immobile is, what, -2?

To the END, I suppose a Triggered END Heal (no more than END spent on TPort, or no more than half END spent on TPort, etc., if desired) with a rapid reuse rate (do we need that to be very rapid?  once you Teleport you are out of the area you won't get it again) could work.

Yeah an END Heal could give you a small amount of END back instead of just halving it, but again since END is so ridiculously cheap even a half die could give you quite a bit back -- probably more than the half END cost would reduce it by.  And that's even taking into consideration the "defensive power" kludge that makes you get half as much back.  Maybe.  Depending on what section of the rules you read and how you interpret them (its not exactly clear if heals are affected by the "defensive power" rule or not).

Ehhh...just make it an Aid, don't make it a Heal.  Then even the sequence of events becomes irrelevant.  With a Heal END, the heal has to kick in AFTER paying the END for the teleport, as I'm gonna assume you're at full END when you start it.  With an Aid, it doesn't matter.  You burn through the bonus END first.  

A "1d6-1" Aid would be 4 points...fixed effect is 2 character points.  Half effect, 1 CP applied to END, or...the teleport circle itself supplies 4 or 5 of the END (this sounds like a magical campaign?  and then maybe mana-based casting via END Reserve?).  No, it's not necessarily strictly legal in RAW, but it's minimal distortion, and it avoids the nastier, IMO, rules issue of what the 1/2 END would cost.  If points are irrelevant, then just call it 1d6, fixed effect.  With the vagaries of integer math, it's still 1 CP's worth of END.  Ohhh...technically, if the circle would support a Gate?  The Aid can be made Constant.  Healing can't.

INT Aid is very inefficient;  remember, you need +5 to get +1 to the roll.  That's 1 1/2 d6.  And given that Standard Effect, which is fine for the END Aid, is supposed to be 3 points per...you'd have to go to 2d6, or house rule things.  Standard effect is a bit punitive.  

Thought about saying "only to cast Teleport"...but I'm not a fan of it.  I *wouldn't* make it a big limitation, if any, simply because it's tied to the teleport itself, and it's not very expensive in the first place.  

Another thing I don't like about the INT Aid is...the END Aid can be set up so the benefit is gone once the teleport is complete.  The END gets burned to execute the teleport.  The INT Aid would last...AND have combat-level effects for a while.  Using a skill roll bonus, that's not the case.

Don't charge points if it's a natura phenomenon or whatever.

Compound power of +XX Power: Teleport PLUS Naked Advantage: Reduced Endurance (say 500-600 AP base) - Concentration, Incantations, etc depending on how you want to do that. This gives the GM a write up and idea of what the area is like and of anything alters it (can it be drained? Aided? Transformed?). It's a fixed location and anything else is GM fiat. If you must do it as a focus with a fixed location or whatever, physical representation blah blah blah.

If done Mama high and low spots in a similar way. It's not 100% important the players know the specifics, just the GM.

Just to toss out another possibility, what if we used Boost instead of Aid?  At Standard Effect, 2 Boosts maximizes it. Make it act once per turn (one use of END) and give it an END reserve with REC = END so it is self-sustaining. 

The END (and/or any INT boost) fades immediately when END stops being spent, and when the targets leave the AoE.

It does get you that the END gained only helps with the teleport.  Not sure it matters.  As long as the END Aid is strictly limited, I'm not worried about carryover from this.  Most of the gained END will be burned;  it can't last more than a turn;  and it'll only be 1 or 2 END at most anyway.  Not really meaningful.  It does work better for the INT, to do it as a Boost, but I still don't like the approach at all.