A total mismatch, or "Hands down, no really"

Hermit

Originally posted by Superskrull

I'll see your Dark Knight Returns and raise you a DK2. That vomitous mass of amateurish tripe is justification enough to make me want to strangle Miller with his own intestines. 'Sides, I don't know who the poser in the cape was in DKR, but it sure wasn't Kal-El, that for sure. Honestly, how could he NOT know there was gonna be Kryptonite in the final throwdown. Like the Bat was gonna be able to do squat without magic or Green K and I notice that Bat-mite wasn't invited to the scrap. :)

Don't get me started (Vein throbbing in my eye). I mark it down to Super-Senility.

Little snot has it coming after how obnoxious he was in Power of Shazam, too. Beat him like a three year old at K-Mart, Rick!

You can argue Marvel vs Mar-Vell (Genis-El) all day, but I think that Billy (if I had parents they would dress me like this) Batson will find few defenders. Annoying little git.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just read teh marvel Vs DC last night..

meh.. lame but cute.

at any rate

playing heroclix last night heres some real ones we had near the end of a sad match up

Doomsday vs Police man

Doomsday vs. Hercules

Doomsbay vs. Thug

you get the idea :-) hahah

Originally posted by MisterVimes

Don't get me started (Vein throbbing in my eye). I mark it down to Super-Senility.

I hope so, 'cause otherwise Miller is a soulless husk who survives by devouring the dreams of others. Hmm. Well, I suppose he could be a soulless husk either way.

Originally posted by MisterVimes

You can argue Marvel vs Mar-Vell (Genis-El) all day, but I think that Billy (if I had parents they would dress me like this) Batson will find few defenders. Annoying little git.

Yep. Snotty too. Seems to be behaving himself in JSA these days, but I'm watching him, regardless. On the other hand, when was Genis adopted into the House of El? Did I miss some cool comic like "Secret Crossover" where Arachnoman teamed with NIght Avenger to combat Ultimateman's newforged alien empire created while he was influenced by Crimson Element X? Personally, I think publishing this one through Image is a cool and sneaky idea. Also, severe head colds make me think weird thoughts when I've been up and unable to sleep longer than 3 hours a day.

I hope so, 'cause otherwise Miller is a soulless husk who survives by devouring the dreams of others. Hmm. Well, I suppose he could be a soulless husk either way.

Yep. Snotty too. Seems to be behaving himself in JSA these days, but I'm watching him, regardless. On the other hand, when was Genis adopted into the House of El? Did I miss some cool comic like "Secret Crossover" where Arachnoman teamed with NIght Avenger to combat Ultimateman's newforged alien empire created while he was influenced by Crimson Element X? Personally, I think publishing this one through Image is a cool and sneaky idea. Also, severe head colds make me think weird thoughts when I've been up and unable to sleep longer than 3 hours a day.

Oooops. Genis-VELL

Guest Champsguy

On the "Superman vs Bugs Bunny" and other characters vs Warner cartoons, I'm assuming the cartoons are gonna win.

Bugs Bunny, after all, knows magic.

Vampire: "Abracadabra! I'm a bat!"

Bugs: "Hocus Pocus! I'm a bat, too!" (baseball bat)

Also, I'm gonna side with ionic energy over amazonian pms.

Guest Champsguy
Originally posted by Morningstar70

(And thus, the Marvel tons wars begin anew! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rolleyes: )

Well, it hasn't kicked off on these boards yet. :)

Originally posted by Richard Logue

The Spectre vs. Perry White...

poor Spectre...

I guess Perry broke his secret stash of Super Cigars, then? Those things can even cure cancer, y'know.

All that comes to mind now is the immortal words of Fred Flintstone...

"Winston. It tastes good, like a cigarette should."

Originally posted by Morningstar70

Yup. Bugs doesn't obey the laws of physics, and he generally has his 10d6 Int Drain AoE Damage Field up.

I like Simon alot, but Wonder Woman casually lifts oil tankers. :)

(And thus, the Marvel tons wars begin anew! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rolleyes: )

Oh sure, but after all, oil tankers only weigh like 75 tons or so. :D After all, when Thor, Vision, Iron Man and Wonder Man worked together they were able to life that whole hypercompressed floating mountain thingie that Graviton accidentally made. That means mountains only weigh like 4-500 tons, tops.

Guest cubist

Nu-uh, the smart Hulk was able to lift a mountain and hold it off the heroes in Secret Wars, even when he was only able to get a little bit stronger from being mad and everyone was taunting him to do it...

Originally posted by cubist

Nu-uh, the smart Hulk was able to lift a mountain and hold it off the heroes in Secret Wars, even when he was only able to get a little bit stronger from being mad and everyone was taunting him to do it...

Ah yes, if only we could mix 80 comic book situations with modern day movie ones...

Hulk/Banner, holding up the mountain as best he can, "not sure if I can hold it..."

Sphynx, "You dress in the manner of a male prostitute..."

Hulk/Banner- "HULK SMASH!"

:D

Wow. Those things are almost lighter than air. 'Course, Hulk is strongest one there is, even if he was Banner-Hulk at the time.

Lobo vs. Wolverine (no, wait, that one was done- what the fu3k were those guys smoking? LOgan? Vs. Lobo, not even with the admantium, without he wouldn't evenlast five seconds- and I'm a Wolverine fan from way back).

Which is why, I believe, it did last all of 3 panels. (1) They go over a bar, (2) a hand with a stoggie in it comes up (so we are still unsure), (3) Lobo follows.

P.s. I think Jubilee was jibbed in the fight against Robin, only way she lost was 'cause she had the hots for him.

So I'm reading an old National Geographic from the late '70s in the bathroom today, and it mentions that the paint (just the paint!!!) on a modern mid-sized oil tanker weighs 400 tons. Just the paint on the outside of the tanker! 400 tons! Jeez Louise.

So my vote for mismatch -- anyone who can casually lift a Supertanker vs. anyone who can't.

Hmmm.

Nah. Besides, I think he's probably responsible for Dazzler. I still remember that foul graphic novel she had.

Shooter is a mixed bag.

Good Shooter:

* Writing LSH at age 14

* Creating the idea of direct sale comic books

* His run on Avengers with George Perez (150-200, I think)

* Founding Valiant

* Insisting that all Marvel stories have a beginning, middle and end.

* Devloping the Graphic Novel format

* Driving all of Marvel's talent to DC (Hey, you wouldn't have had George Perez on Titans without him)

Bad Shooter

* Ripping off Roy Thomas (Secret Wars and the even worse Secret Wars II)

* His playboy-esque Avengers novels

* Dazzler (this was a good idea for the first direct sale comic?!?!)

* Making Clairemont and Byrne Kill Jean Grey

* Letting his Best friend bring her back because he said "Please"

* Alienating DC to insure 10 years of no crossovers

*Driving all of Marvel's talent to DC (You wouldn't have lost Perez, Alan Davis and a ton of others without him)

* Being a mysogynistic creep

* Dazzler the Movie Graphic Novel

* Founding Defiant