Helpful Time-travel Material Wanted

argent

Say I wanted to run a time-travel oriented Star Hero game, with the world of the Terran Empire as the "present". I need additional t-travel material for my campaign. Name ONE already published resource that I would find very useful for my game. It's OK if it's OOP, I'll just jump into my time machine...:)

Champions Universe (5th Edition). This is the Terran Empire's past. :)

I cannot think of any books dealing with future timelines which have been published that might be useful to you. Basically everything published to date can be used as part of a past campaign though (Justice Inc., Danger International, Robot Gladiators, ect.; and all their support materials).

If you would like advice on how to run time-travel scenarios in a game without mucking up your campaign timeline, creating paradoxes, and all those other headaches that can arise from letting PCs diddle with the timestream, I would suggest looking for a copy of the old Champions adventure pack book, Champions Presents. It's a compendium of three supers adventures, and the third one, "Menace Out of Time", while an intriguing story in its own right, includes a four page essay on "Extradimensional Travel" which I've found very useful. While it includes discussion of the nature and relationships of "parallel" and "alternate" worlds and "other dimensions" that are helpful for keeping them all straight (particularly when defining "related dimensions" for EDM), the section on "Time Travel" has some very practical guidelines, or "laws", for defining the mechanics of time travel. Applying "The Law of Temporal Dynamics", "The Three Laws of Historical Momentum", "Psyche Exclusion Principle" and "The Gravity Well Effect" give a pseudo-scientific rationale of how time travel functions, and at the same time keep the players from changing the course of history (unless you want them to), creating paradoxes like altering their own origins, or asking, "If the Earth was in a different point in its orbit in the past, why are we still in my living room instead of floating in space?" ;)

There's the TIme Corps novella series but I can't remember the author.

Iron Crown put out a time travel campaign book a while back. You might be able to find copies at your game shop. Unfortunately the title escapes me. But it was packed with ideas for different types of time travel and campaigns.

Another company put out a Timemaster RPG a while back, too. Out of print, but they had a thick supplement devoted to paradoxes. I think the publisher was the same people who put out the original edition of Chill.

The time-wars were fun

They were by Simon Hawke

1. Ivanhoe Gambit, The (1984)

2. Timekeeper Conspiracy, The (1984)

3. Pimpernel Plot, The (1984)

4. Zenda Vendetta, The (1985)

5. Nautilus Sanction, The (1985)

6. Khyber Connection, The (1986)

7. Argonaut Affair, The (1987)

8. Dracula Caper, The (1988)

9. Lilliput Legion, The (1989)

10. Hellfire Rebellion, The (1990)