Strike Force Organizations

Susano

For those fans of theCircle, I have this teaser:

Previous to 1945, the Sensei [the Master] was much more powerful. He possessed many personal defensive powers, and his Power Pool was much stronger 900 active points, but with a 90-active-point limit on any power in it.

(This will need to be reworded, but what it means is he could have spells with up to 90 Active Points, and 900[!] Real Points of spells in his pool.)

For those of wondering about my sequel to Aaron Allston's Strike Force, (Strike Force Organizations) , it goes like this:

1. 1) I have completed work on Alien Research Laboratories, which is what Aaron renamed M.E.T.E. to. Everything has been updated to 6e, including the NPCs (some of which have more modern designs thanks to finding select files in Aaron's notes), the base, the computer, and several vehicles.
  2. I have completed work on the Blood. There are a lot more Blood characters than what appeared in Org Book 3. Several of them have character sheets while many of the original Blood NPCs have updated character sheets due to finding them in Aaron's notes. Also, Commodore has his base and vehicles included.
  3. I am currently working on the Circle. I found updated character sheets for almost everyone, as well as detailed backgrounds. Thus, the Circle will be more lore 'heavy' than the other sections.

Current word count is around 60,000 words. Once I complete the Circle I will talk to Jason about adding additional groups or seeing about some smaller releases of (perhaps) PDF-only content.

Okay, update -- The Circle is at ~18,000 words. All of the NPCs are complete, as is the description of the Garden. Next up are the scenarios with some updated NPC sheets. Then... well, then I talk to Jason. The Cult of the Beast comes up so much, I'd like to cobble together what I can and present that.

Current word count is: 68,000.

Okay, so here is the latest Strike Force Organizations update.

It's done.

Okay, maybe not totally done, but ALR, Blood, and Circle are done. Total count is 72,982 words. I have taken the contents of the two Org books, added in what I could from Aaron's digital files, updated everything to 6e, and added new content and characters. I have sent an email to Jason outlining what i have done and what we may want to do next.

I have asked about adding the Cult of the Beast, Carousel/the Reapers, and the Wanderers. I have also mentioned the Wanderers as a stand-alone product. I have also asked about releasing Aaron's suite of martial arts styles as a Surbrook Press PDF-only product.

10 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Any hope for the organization Youshu works for (the super martial arts team introduced im Ninja Hero).

I didn't even know they came from the Strike Force Universe.

I have asked Jason about them. Note that if I was able to present Yooso, what you'd get is not exactly what was in Ninja Hero 4e.

Okay, for the record, I have emailed Jason and asked about the following groups:

1. Carousel/Families/Reapers
  2. Cult of the Beast
  3. Wanderers
  4. Yooso
  5. and (unrelated to the core book) Martial Arts Styles

Note that if all of the groups listed above (1-4) were included, the book would probably double in size to 140k words or so.

Edited by Susano

I was more pondering about the group behind the group Yooso. Considering how much of an otaku you are, you might think about the masters behind Yooso also. (The ringleaders might form a Four Kings of Heaven style leadership format.)

But it should be noted: if Yooso is not included it doesn't matter and won't affect anything. By the way, what is the name of that group?

1 hour ago, Susano said:

I have asked Jason about them. Note that if I was able to present Yooso, what you'd get is not exactly what was in Ninja Hero 4e.

Okay, for the record, I have emailed Jason and asked about the following groups:

1. Carousel/Families/Reapers
  2. Cult of the Beast
  3. Wanderers
  4. Yooso
  5. and (unrelated to the core book) Martial Arts Styles

Note that if all of the groups listed above (1-4) were included, the book would probably double in size to 140k words or so.

Might be best to leave them out of this product, but if it sells well enough, maybe consider a Volume 2.

7 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

I was more pondering about the group behind the group Yooso. Considering how much of an otaku you are, you might think about the masters behind Yooso also. (The ringleaders might form a Four Kings of Heaven style leadership format.)

But it should be noted: if Yooso is not included it doesn't matter and won't affect anything. By the way, what is the name of that group?

There may not be anyone behind Yooso. It might be a team all by itself, formed by sorcerers and the like in opposition to the Circle and Ichi-Ban.

6 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Might be best to leave them out of this product, but if it sells well enough, maybe consider a Volume 2.

I will have to see what Jason says and if he thinks a 2nd volume is worthwhile. I have suggested the idea.

An update on Strike Force Organizations. I have emailed Jason and we are in discussion. I have asked him about either including Cult of the Beast, Carousel (et al), Wanderers, and Yooso, or creating a second book. I have been given the OK to create a stand-alone Aaron Allston's Martial Arts Styles as a Surbrook Press PDF product.

Edited by Susano

On 1/6/2024 at 11:37 PM, Scott Ruggels said:

Aaron was a prolific creator.

I think it was Allen Varney who said something like "all the rest of us delve deep into the mine to dredge up a handful of gems, and Aaron just dipped his bucket in the well and it came up full every time."

The nice things about the Wanderers is Aaron wrote a very complete file on them -- origin, characters, villain, and scenario. I will need to organize it, do some editing, and get it formatted, but this will be fairly quick. Then comes the Cult of the Beast.