Strike Force Organizations

Susano

Greetings everyone. I wanted to announce the official start of my work on Strike Force Organizations, a sequel to 2016's Aaron Allston’s Strike Force.

The book will focus on three groups, the Blood, the Circle, and METE (all previous presented in Champions Organization products for early editions of Champions. My intent is to combine the content written for the PDFs with content Aaron wrote for his proposed (but never complete) Strike Force Universe series of books.

I intend to update the content to HERO 6e, update the text to correct any errors and issues, and update any references to current game mechanics. I will not fill in any gaps -- I am not so arrogant as to assume what Aaron would have wanted, but I will acknowledge areas where content is lacking (if such a need arrives). I hope to find updated character sheets for many of the early NPCs, but will work with what I have.

I also intend to present bases, vehicles, scenarios, and villains, just as they all appeared in the early releases.

I will change names (for example, METE will be called Alien Research Laboratories) in accordance to Aaron's wishes and per his list of corrections for setting names.

This product will be released as a collaborative work between Surbrook Press and High Rock Press.

Finally, the book will contain stats for Prowlers & Paragons UE and I hope to have a P&PUE add-on detailing all of the characters from Aaron Allston’s Strike Force.

PS: that last item has already been discussed with Jason. I am seeking to support two systems that I greatly enjoy and I hope to draw both fan-bases together to support this product.

PSS: I will endeavor to provide frequent updates. Please bug me via this thread if I forget.

7 hours ago, death tribble said:

Count me in.

And let me say it is nice to see you back.

I have a working copy of Hero Designer, so you will probably see me develop some new HERO content (such as the Bigfoot product).

Posted (edited)

Project Update!

I have written the introduction to the product. I have also created outlines for the contents for the various groups. I have even completed the first character sheet! (T't'shlr from ARL/METE.) T't'shlr has allowed me to develop a rough idea as how I want to present any characters who don't have complete background (searches of Aaron's data archive pulls up a lot of names, but not a lot of data).

BTW -- want a sense of scale as to Aaron's Strike Force universe? I have a spreadsheet showing ALL of Aaron's Strike Force characters (created by him and others). It has 4,000+ rows!

Edited by Susano

Just now, Scott Ruggels said:

Aaron was a prolific creator.

I keep thinking of that meme showing the fortune teller looking into a crystal ball and saying something like "I see a unpainted miniatures in your future." pause "That's a LOT of unpainted miniatures." I just swap out 'characters' for 'miniatures.'

24 minutes ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Just a reminder, that the Brood isn't actually a superteam, but a family. A really disfuninal family with goodly superpowers. Think the New Gods meets the the Brady Bunch 

Oh, I know. I still am going to use the super team template to present the Blood (Background/History, et al).

Strike Force Update -- nearly 10,000 words were written and assembled over the weekend. ARL is at least 75% done, perhaps more.

9 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Ok. Now I'm expecting Stand Users.

As far as I know... there are almost no anime-inspired characters in Strike Force. The campaign started far before anime became popular in the US.

2 hours ago, Susano said:

Strike Force Update -- nearly 10,000 words were written and assembled over the weekend. ARL is at least 75% done, perhaps more.

As far as I know... there are almost no anime-inspired characters in Strike Force. The campaign started far before anime became popular in the US.

I know that. But the references to Rush songs...

18 minutes ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

I don't think Araki actually used a Rush song or album title yet ..

Huh.  I thought he'd used Tom Sawyer somewhere but it appears I'm wrong.  Pity, they have a lot songs with good Stand potential.  What would Analog Kid or Digital Man do, for ex?  A Farewell To Kings?  Superconductor?  Red Barchetta?  The Body Electric?  Seven Cities of Gold?

46 minutes ago, Rich McGee said:

Huh.  I thought he'd used Tom Sawyer somewhere but it appears I'm wrong.  Pity, they have a lot songs with good Stand potential.  What would Analog Kid or Digital Man do, for ex?  A Farewell To Kings?  Superconductor?  Red Barchetta?  The Body Electric?  Seven Cities of Gold?

Remind me, I had a wrestling character whose gimmick was that he a big otaku. He once came across a piece of The Arrow and gained the stand [Nature Trail To Hell] (Imagine a stand version of The Undertaker as played by Andy Koffman, and that is what he basically looks like, but using there 80' Mania Wrestling names of the Undermaster and The Shmuck). He had a match against Arizona Chance, who developed a stand himself called [Red Barchette], a car shaped stand, and later we both sealed our stands away.

14,184 words later, ARL (i.e. METE) is done. Next up is The Blood, which will take some time. Then The Circle, and then... The Wanderers.

The Wanderers are a team of cosmic level supers. The file is very complete (mainly because Aaron made them a Rogues Gallery entry)and I think they would make a nice addition to the other three groups.

Pretty positive I've broken 20k words. The origins of the Blood are pretty much as written in Organization Book 3. The fun begins when I start sorting out the existing Blood, their character sheets, and their histories. I've converted Aaron's most recent version of the Affrighter to 6e and wow... he's scary (no pun intended). The drawing is one I made of the Affrighter back in 1988.

affrighter_edit.jpg

4 minutes ago, Susano said:

I've converted Aaron's most recent version of the Affrighter to 6e and wow... he's scary (no pun intended). The drawing is one I made of the Affrighter back in 1988.

Did you do some interior art for The Space Gamer back in the 80s, by any chance?  Some spacecraft, maybe something Ogre/GEV related?