"But _you're a doctor!'

"I am a _physicist!"

"He has a physical injury!"

Same campaign:

"Aren't you a scientist?  Good with numbers?"

"I am a physicist!  I create lab accidents and super Powers!"

From the youth group:

Kinetica: "he'll never make in time!"

GM: well he has already turned to race down the hallway toward the window...

"I will have to go full sonic-"

"He"s kind of filling the hallway-"

"I go Desolid and blast through him!"

Magnus (upon seeing Kinetica's ephemeral desolid form burst from his chest, leaps forward grabbing): "crap! My soul!"

Edited by Duke Bushido

I played Gaze in Winterhawk's Vegas campaign on Hero Central years ago. Gaze was kind of 'what if Batman had mind control?' experiment, mind you, with ethical restraints (of course, he didn't always TELL the villains of his ethical restraints and cultivated a fearsome rep when he could). At one game, Gaze got to 'question' a villain who was operating a killer robot from what said scumball thought was a safe location. The rest of the villain's team was out there, lives were endangered, that sort of thing.

Gaze's line was: "You lay stripped bare of your illusion of supremacy, vulnerable, helpless... and yet, there is so much more I can take from you. Your mind, your knowledge of things technical, I can make you FEAR machinery as much as you fear the light, you cowardly wretch, you miserable quivering pile of refuse. I will ask this and you will answer, do not make me go into the pathetic pit of your mind and take it from you, and do not," He rears his open palm ready to strike while holding up the 'Annihilator' with the other hand, "make me sully my hands on you. Where are the other members of the Shift? What are their plans? Answer, before I get upset and... get creative."

Deadeye, an undead detective, when the target of a PC's sarcastic comment: "Ha! You kill me... Oh, wait..."

Bronze Knight, a Captain America paragon type: "Being super doesn't make us better than anyone else. Just bigger."

Slammer, a brick whose father is a famous lawyer, when disparagingly compared to his sire by a villain: "My Dad fights injustice too, with great words. Here's my approach."

Facade, a fantasy illusionist wizard, confronting an evil warlord: "You make the world a Hell for your victims. Let me show you Hell."

As the god Apollo in the Champions Universe, when a PC called him just a figment of people's imagination (I had this one ready): "Indeed? And what were you before your parents rutted together? A streak of slime? And what tiny fraction of my lifetime ago was that, exactly?"

• 2 weeks later...

In a heroes-for-hire mercenary campaign, I was able to talk my team into going off-mission to help a citizen WITHOUT a contract or even expecting payment.

When she expressed her gratitude afterwards, my hero affected his best Golden Age good guy manners and replied:

"You're welcome,  ma'am.  Just *not doing our job.*"

This occured during the Regan years (during the air traffic controllers dispute) We had been in a long campaign which involved a 'coup' against the Canadian government, which we foiled, then traced the group back to a base near Curchill Mabitoba. After fighting our way into the base, defeating the evil doers, we discovered that the leaders were space aliens, who escaped in a private jet fleeing southwards, I was in command of the group, and contacted the Canadian forces base outside of Winnipeg, I ordered air force units to scramble and force the jet down. When they refused, claiming to be FBI agents I told the pilots "I don't care who they claim to be they are violating Canadian airspace."

Two weeks later, The Calgary Herald, ran a cartoon, "two Mounties, one mounted the other dismounted wearing the red serge uniforms (which are actually dress wear) holding his hosre's reins and a smoking pistol pointed to the ground, a short distance away a figure is buried to his shoulders wearing a cape, on his chest a logo 'a diamond with an S inset. It's captioned "I don't care who he was he was violating Canadian Air Space".