what would your character do #38

farik

A local scientist has asked your team to supervise an experiment with a new power source he fears superviallains may try to steal. During the experiment the device explodes and when the smoke clears you see your team has doubled but everyone is wearing darker colors and all the males have sinister goatees.

How do you stop your evil self?

Follow up: What if you're the ones who are in the alternate dimension?

Husky will delight in the challenge of brawling with himself and whichever version wins will return to the lab and transform themselves and then their alternate into Kenneth. The two Kenneths would rationalize the best course of action (depending on what world they are in) and probably either team up or decide sending everyone home would be the best course of action.

MAYDAY: is built to defeat other mentalists, she would not be able to defeat herself easily while her teammates are extremely powerful and dangerous. After she realized what had happened she'd start blasting them down and get taken down by them, probably using her AE Ego Attack. Unfortunately almost all of us have mental defense (our main villainess was a high powered mentalist) so I can hurt them but the effect is not going to be enough to stop them.

During the mayhem she would look for an opportunity to get out of sight, out of the room, somewhere to hide out. The sheer firepower going off in that room will destroy it utterly and whatever machinery brought us here. It will be a bloody massacre on both sides and her best chance to tip the scales would be to hack the system and bring the Base defenses into play (if any) or get some distance and keep ego blasting.

Go to ground if things are going badly for us, take out my dupe and replace her to get in and free my team.

Nightwarden is likely also on the loose. AV maybe. NW works alone, AV is all beautiful flying muscle and if AV was free she'd hook up with him and possibly learn some surprising skills he has that she isnt aware of, but the two of them would build a strong plan and be able to rescue the remaining teammates. Divide and Conquer.

SABRE: Her team is entirely Tony Stark-like armored heroes. She would pick up faster than Mayday on what had happened and Flash the room then take out her opposite number (take her through the wall, through the next wall and one more for good measure) followed by Tron. Tron has the largest potential power of us all but the morals to not use it. My opposite number likely has stolen the best elements of her teams tech and that makes her dangerous. Plus, she will be the only one who can catch me if things go against us.

Grab Tron, Grab the scientist and evacuate if we are losing, get the information out of him, revive Tron, catch up on the major newspapers and contact the evil team with a trade, the scientist for our teammates. Once they know what happened they'll want him back and agree to meet us. Then we double cross them before they can double cross us by not going to the meeting spot. We get into the building to steal the technology that brought us here and leave boobytraps that will hopefully take them out upon their return. Slip tracers on one and follow to where our teammates are being held.

SHADOWCROSS: The bad scenario as her team leader is Batman. A high level Batman. Shadow may take out one or two of her other teammates, Fletch maybe, or herself, but Bats will take her out. Whether we win or lose rests entirely on Bats vs Bats, who first fails a roll.

She has no problem portraying herself as evil as her counterpart and we both wear black so they may not be able to tell immediately who is who. Will use her feminine wiles (COM 20) as well then await an opportunity to assist her teammates. Maybe. She might just like it better here.

MARJORIE: Marjorie is a vampiress and often considered evil herself although she is not. Quite. She would efficiently decide there is no reason to fight and locate the scientist. Let her teammates do the talking and posturing, stepping in if her diplomatic skills are needed to steer the encounter.

She would find out from the scientist what year it is, what the lay of the land is, if he is in a vampire's thrall, who the opposite team is and all about them by Psychometry if her innate charisma fails. She has no official reason to care what universe she is in, except for the matter of the husband locked in enchanted sleep that noone knows she has.

Until they are safely home she will not rest. She will be expecting a devious backstab, machiavellian plots and sinister machinations at all times.

Uncle Slam has fought his evil self before. Unfortunately at that time his opponent was too evil, too remorseless, willing to endanger anything and anyone. He beat him with the benefit of an ally (and the most powerful hero in the game). Frankly, he'd exploit his own weaknesses (vulnerabilities) even if it meant putting himself in that same danger. Whatever it takes.

Anthem would likely fist-fight herself to a draw. Knowing this, she'd look for an all-or-nothing opportunity to take out her opponent, even at the price of sacrificing herself.

But frankly, if they somehow were working as a duo, they'd take out evil-anthem first (a fairly easy task for the two) then with Anthem's added ability to U.S.'s, they could take out Evil Slam. Might be just enough.

Special Agent Trent, AKA "Agent Orange" is only one bad Enraged episode away from being a villian anyway, so I imagine his evil counterpart isn't very evil. He and his other self would probably sit back and wait for the fight to play itself out while complaining about what a huge hassle it was, then try to get people working together so everyone could go home.

Trent activley dislikes and distrusts the team brick, having been nearly killed (negative BODY) by him at one point (not the brick's fault, since he was hallucinating at the time). If the brick's evil twin won, Trent would finish him off with his telekinetic powers. Evil Trent would probably let him.

Trent would intervene to save the life of his teammates or any innocents, of course.

Zeropoint

Cat has had to do this before, fighting "herself", or rather the echo of herself from the darkforce from when she died, and later got depowered, and her powers grew sentience and started killing people.

She would immediately go total tactical, but her villian self would probably do the same. If not that is where her edge is.

Ballistic would cast a banishement spell on the double to send him home to backworld.

I'm not sure anyone could tell the difference, since Bengal is a well-known bloodthirsty vigilante... it's well-known, but not actually true. I suppose his evil twin would be a well-known do-gooder, who would be beyond reproach. Bengal would have to try to kill him in his sleep before he's elected mayor.

• 3 years later...

Re: what would your character do #38

Vitus would initially wonder how you could tell the difference. He's well aware he's already a vindictive, foul-tempered son-of-a-bitch (altho if you insult his mother again you'll get your gall-bladder reinserted rectally)

Which isn't to say that there aren't ways Vitus could be worse. He could be a happily vampiric vindictive, foul-tempered son-of-a-etc. Vitus has already met one alternate version of himself, who became an Enchanter, and was a refugee from an Aura already overrun. To Vitus's considerable disquiet, he seemed a much happier person than the real Vitus, despite that.

First - establish the fate of his homeworld Aura in this other parallel - does it still exist? If so, send him home with sorrowful well-wishes. One Vitus is already too much for one universe, so the 'real' Vitus will just stay here.

If not, and the other Vitus seems disinclined to devote his life to its re-creation (pure evil right there) than a couple of entangles to stop any spell-casting, a long interrogation to learn anything useful, and a dispassionate euthanasia would appear to be in order. If he's not re-creating Aura than he doesn't deserve to be wearing Vitus's DNA

Mike the Demoness: The campaign she's about to join has already had this happen to her teammates at least once. There are a number of possibilities for her own doppleganger, but for the sake of argument, let's say that it's the body of an unfallen angel (bird-wings instead of bat, white and blue color-scheme instead of black and red, etc), with the mind of an intolerant mortal True Believer (instead of an atheist) who 'lets God sort them out', currently enslaved by use of her True Name by the team-leader or mastermind. As currently written, she has Desolid against fire, but her own fire has Affects Desolid, which cancels that out, so she and Mike the Angel would probably wrap their hands around each other's throats, each burning the other with their respective supernatural flames until they're charred solid and have to wait for their Healing with Resurrection to kick in. Mike the Demoness is Protective of Innocents, so is going to do her best to keep this innocent-slaying angel from hurting anyone else for as long as she can manage... even if it requires use of her Life Support: Immunity to Aging. The overall battle will have to be determined by her teammates...

Rubber Mousie: Evil Mousie: "Say, I've been wondering, if two of me ever existed, and touched each other, would we stay ourselves, or merge into a single being with one or two minds?" Good Mousie: "Thanks, but I'm happy being me." Evil Mousie: "I'm not. Let's find out, shall we?" Insert chase scene through most of the rest of the battle as EM tries to meld with GM to see what'll happen, even if it kills both of them. Again, mostly a stalemate, though GM will, if she's smart, aim the chase so she can bounce off the other bad guys to disrupt their attacks as she bobs and weaves.

Ice Paladin Ice Anti-Paladin probably has killed his parents and wants to put the entire world into a permanent deep freeze. Attack him with fire to subdue him (2x STUN Fire vulnerability)

BlackstarWhitestar would be a street vigilante working for the mob probably as "muscle". Luring her out into the open in an area with alot of noise, lights etc (2x STUN Flashes) a toe to toe slugfest would then ensue.

Windstorm Earthquake would be a ruthless businessman who eliminates his rivals by either hiring assassins (he's filthy rich) or earthquaking the building they were in (he doesn't care who gets hurt in the process) Telekinetically lift him from the ground.

Icestar doesn't really like hurting people anyway, and would feel super weird about hurting a version of herself; something an evil version of her would probably have no qualms about. So she might lose this one, especially if the evil Icestar decides she wants to steal the Heart of Winter from the good one to increase her power...

Dr. O: "Good, Evil, what's the difference? I want to understand how this works. Applications are at best a tertiary consideration."

CC: "Good, Evil, what's the difference? My ultimate goals are unreachable for either the Good or the Evil, and my methods will be the same either way."

Vetra would rejoice upon meeting his Good self: . o O "I can't see me. Am I sure I'm even there? Oh well, plenty of room in the sky for both of us, and I finally have a rival capable of giving me a challenge. And won't Father be pleased? The other me can take on all those dull tasks and duties while I'll be free to do as I wish."

Olorin has done this before and won with help. He'd be better at it this time and has contingencies in effect just for this.

My other characters would do whatever it took to take 'em down, even at their own expense. Oddly enough, the team(s) they are on have plotted out what they would do. It normally means not taking out your double, but having someone else do that; possibly doubling up on the most dangerous ones. (Martial artist taking down the mentalist ( Martial artist goes first) and at least two others teaming up on the evil Olorin, him being the most versitile and most likely to come back "loaded for bear". The evil Volt would be the one not double teamed on, he is not too versitile, and hard to take down anyway; wait till you can double team him.)