Reality Storm: Update

jscoble

Hi gang,

Someone asked us on our boards recently "what the Hell is up with Reality Storm!?!" - which is a fair question.

As some of you know, this collaboration has been a neat process, but much lengthier than anyone envisioned when we first discussed it over margaritas in Vegas (or what have you).

The adventure has been long written & edited, and is now in layout. Yes, it's been in layout for awhile, but that's because everyone here (at HERO) and back home has to be cool with everything, and we're all so damn busy these days ...

It is coming along, and as soon as we have more concrete info, we'll be sure to post it.

Thank you for your patience.

cheers,

JS

Whew,

I too was beginning to wonder if RS had been dropped in favor of other projects. It is nice to know that it is only on the back burner not completely off of the stove.

Now, if someone could give us an approximate print date at least. Just wishful thinking, I understand that all you all folks are pretty busy. :)

Originally posted by Barrier

Now, if someone could give us an approximate print date at least. Just wishful thinking, I understand that all you all folks are pretty busy. :)

Well, I could. But, we've been wrong before, so I'd prefer not to until the book is actually on the way back from press, or something similar.

cheers,

JS

Maybe the way to revive the gaming community's interest in this project is to start talking about it more? What do you think the format should be for a new Showdown? Another Hero vs Hero? Villain vs Villain? A sequel to the original Showdown? To me, the first two were played out in the original contests, while the latter seems integral to the upcoming Reality Storm. A new arrangement might be best to capture the attention of readers (and potential buyers). Two scenarios that spring to mind are:

1. Get a set of different heros and villains from each system (different from SS1, that is). Pit the CU heroes against the SAS villains, and vice-versa.

2. Gather a set of morally-questionable characters or hero-villains from each system and pit them against one another. This has a downside though, in that some of the participants in the supervillain Showdown fit into this category, making it less than completely fresh.

Opinions?

"The cure for apathy is to cut the prime minister's power"

Michael Meacher, The Guardian, 07 Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hermit

PLEASE don't start that up again. It wasn't fixed, it wasn't rigged, and inferring that the DoJ and GOO folks are liars by saying it was is just rude.

Ah, that "versus" poll contest thingie. I didn't get what he was aiming at.

Gotta agree with Hermit. If a poll has his stamp of approval then you know it's good as gold ;)

I think the most you might have seen was a motivated group of posters who showed up at the polling place. No foul play, just fervor for their favorite characters.

I know I didn't always vote for the Champions character.

Whether it was "rigged" in any sense, or not, was never an issue for me. The entertainment was in the back-and-forth discussions on the SS board. Certainly the results of the last two contests gave at least the appearance of collusion, but, so what? It was all in fun. The point now is; what to do to enliven the interest in the RS project? Would a second SS contest get reader support? Or is it a lost cause? I'm partial to the idea, but then I have been a big booster (offline, mostly) of the whole DoJ-GoO xover thing since I first stumbled onto the SS webpage nearly a year ago.

ah hem ... that would be me

Someone asked us on our boards recently "what the Hell is up with Reality Storm!?!" - which is a fair question.

Asking the improtant questions :) ( no bouncing icons here move along , nothing to see ) . No WAIT !!! How about a a preview a teaser . Or a HERO favourite ... Character Conversions . Come on give you owe us and our interest at least something more than another VS showdown .

Re: Tease

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

Something new , somthing fresh , something we haven't seen or heard before .

Sure... I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a web friend who heard read some bad fan fic that in Reality Storm, Defender and Red Phoenix will be getting it on and become a hot couple...

There, utterly unreliable info, but not everyone's heard it, right? :)

Originally posted by Monolith

There was a time when I was very much looking forward to this product. But after a 5 month delay and a seeming apathy about it from both companies involved I'm afraid I have moved on in my thinking.

Ditto from me, I'm afraid.

It's not on my "when this is released, get me a copy" list and instead has been moved to "well, I'll look at it when I see it."

D

Tongue is firmly in cheek.

Originally posted by Hermit

Sure... I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a web friend who heard read some bad fan fic that in Reality Storm, Defender and Red Phoenix will be getting it on and become a hot couple...

There, utterly unreliable info, but not everyone's heard it, right? :)

That'd be cool. Reality Storm: A trip through fan fic

We can have a wander through slash fiction, with such wonderful visualizations as Defender/Nighthawk. Heck, we can even bring back Seeker for some good ole times.

Sounds good to me.

D