VERY Abusive Powers

Dr. Anomaly

I don't recall having a "What's the most abusive power you can come up with?" thread for a while, so let's start one. ;)

Here's my entry:

1D6 EB

AVLD(+1.5 def is Power Defense)

Penetrating x4 (+2)

Autofire (+1.5)

640 shots (+3.5)

Area Effect radius (+1)

x32 radius (+1.25)

0 end (+1)

Personal Immunity (+1/4)

Affects Desolid (+1/2)

No Range Modifier (+1/2)

Double Knockback (+3/4)

OAF Pulse Cannon (-1)

Requires Two Hands (-1/2)

Requires a Skill Roll vs. Nuclear Physics (-1/2)

75 Active Points

25 Real Points

Anybody who doesn't have quadruple hardened power defense will take 640 stun since the area effect is so large that even the shots that miss will affect them. Even if they have quadruple hardened power defense, the 1280" knockback will nuke them hard.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a similar vein...

1 pip RKA (5 points)

x3 Penetrating (+1 1/2)

0 END (+1)

Autofire (+1 1/2)

320 shots (+3)

Area Of Effect 1 Hex (+1/2)

MegaScale (1" = 10,000km) (+1 1/4)

No Range (-1/2)

No Knockback (-1/4)

Immobile OAF - Planet-Buster Bomb (-2)

48 Active Points

13 Real Points

Voila -- 1 Planet-Buster Bomb. :D

Or this one...

Major Mental Transform (Sentient Mind Into Brainwashed Slave) 1d6

BOECV (vs. Mental Defense) (+1)

x2 Penetrating (+1)

0 END (+1/2)

Fully Invisible (+1/2)

60 Active Points

Unless your target bought Double Hardened Mental Defense, your mentalist can just sit there and go dink-dink-dink-dink on them, until he hits the magic # of x2 EGO and shazoom, instant brain-slave.

And since it's Fully Invisible and cumulative, the target won't even notice he's being attacked until he finally gets hit with the whole total, as per the FAQ.

Given enough Mind Scan to find his foe, and a minute or so worth of time, the Mind-Slaver here can make anybody on the planet without x2 Hardened Mental Defense his bee-yotch at about, oh, 1-2 minutes each.

Including Doctor Destroyer and Takofanes.

Originally posted by Chuckg

I don't feel it very likely that I'm going to miss the planet. :)

Well, you get a +42 OCV bonus for targetting the Earth. So assuming that you target your own hex, and assuming an OCV of 10, you would have a 52 OCV vs a DCV of 0. That's a 63- to hit or 27 hits on average. You'll still miss 293 times with an average roll. :D

From the FAQ:

Q: I want to create a Cumulative Mental Power in which the victim is not aware of the building accumulation until after he has been affected and broken out. Does this require the Invisible Power Effects Advantage, or do I simply have to state that I want to achieve the +20 “target cannot detect effects of power†modifier to the Effect Roll?

A: You must apply Invisible Power Effects at the doubled “effects of the power are also invisible†level mentioned on 5E 169. Otherwise, the victim becomes aware he’s being attacked with a Mental Power as soon as he’s hit with it.

If I missed and put the wrong level of Invisible down, /shrugs/, that's just an arithmetic error.

Ok, a couple area effect FAQs:

Q: If an attack has both Area Of Effect and Autofire, what happens with “missed†shots?

A: For multiple shots against a single target, the Attack Roll determines how many shots hit the target. The rest are considered misses and have no effect on the target. You can randomly determine the “scatter†for the missed shots, adapting the rules on 5E 248, if you want, but the target should not suffer any additional damage.

If attack misses entirely, make one calculation for where the shots would scatter to based on the normal rules, then apply the damage from that one attack to the affected area. The rest, again, are considered misses and have no effect on the area hit (which may or may not overlap to hit the target anyway).

In either case, lots of other things may get destroyed in the area from the other “missed shots,†but they shouldn’t have any effect in game terms — it’s just a special effect — unless the GM wants to take the time and trouble to come up with a more “realistic†result.

For single shots against multiple targets, determine whether each hits, and for any misses determine the scatter normally.

-----------------

Q: If you Blaze Away with an Area Of Effect attack, can you still hurt the target with the shots that “miss,†if the area affected would still hit them?

A: No. Regardless of the type or nature of the attack used, when Blazing Away you can only hurt a target if you roll a 3 on your Attack Roll, and you can only hurt him with one attack from each “burst.â€

Originally posted by lemming

Q: If you Blaze Away with an Area Of Effect attack, can you still hurt the target with the shots that “miss,†if the area affected would still hit them?

A: No. Regardless of the type or nature of the attack used, when Blazing Away you can only hurt a target if you roll a 3 on your Attack Roll, and you can only hurt him with one attack from each “burst.â€

Piffle. Any good munchkin knows how to work around this. "Oh, look. That tree I was aiming at just took 4,629 shots. I guess the rest of them scatter into the rest of the planet."

Originally posted by Patriot

Dr. Anomaly,

That pulse cannon should have cumulative at a level equal to the amount of shots it gets:eek:

Uh-wah-ha? Patriot, I'm afraid you've totally lost me. Since I don't normally attempt to build munchkinized things for actual game use, perhaps I've overlooked some little-known rule here. Would you please provide me with a reference to what you're talking about?

Re: VERY Abusive Powers

Originally posted by Dr. Anomaly

I don't recall having a "What's the most abusive power you can come up with?" thread for a while, so let's start one. ;)

Here's my entry:

1D6 EB

AVLD(+1.5 def is Power Defense)

Penetrating x4 (+2)

Autofire (+1.5)

640 shots (+3.5)

Area Effect radius (+1)

x32 radius (+1.25)

0 end (+1)

Personal Immunity (+1/4)

Affects Desolid (+1/2)

No Range Modifier (+1/2)

Double Knockback (+3/4)

OAF Pulse Cannon (-1)

Requires Two Hands (-1/2)

Requires a Skill Roll vs. Nuclear Physics (-1/2)

75 Active Points

25 Real Points

Anybody who doesn't have quadruple hardened power defense will take 640 stun since the area effect is so large that even the shots that miss will affect them. Even if they have quadruple hardened power defense, the 1280" knockback will nuke them hard.

Aside from the above-mentioned limit on the number of times you can hit, I also note that AVLD attacks do no Body, and hence no KB.

Here's another one. Rocket to Mars:

1" Superleap, Megascaled, usable against others, OAF(-1), 1 non-recoverable charge(-4). Buy up the mass limit if you want to move something large, like say the Earth. At a base cost of 1 point, and with -5 of limitations, you can pile up the advantages to a ridiculous level and still stay under 1 RP.

Re: Re: VERY Abusive Powers

Originally posted by Zed-F

Aside from the above-mentioned limit on the number of times you can hit, I also note that AVLD attacks do no Body, and hence no KB.

I knew I was forgetting something! I meant to put the "Does Knockback" Advantage on that, and forgot!

Oh, the humanity! :o