VERY Abusive Powers

Dr. Anomaly

Originally posted by Zed-F

Here's another one. Rocket to Mars:

1" Superleap, Megascaled, usable against others, OAF(-1), 1 non-recoverable charge(-4). Buy up the mass limit if you want to move something large, like say the Earth. At a base cost of 1 point, and with -5 of limitations, you can pile up the advantages to a ridiculous level and still stay under 1 RP.

Yup. Did something like that just after FREd first came out:

"You're Outa Here!"

Superleap 1"

....Usable As Attack (+1)

....Megascale (+22)

....0 END (+1/2)

....Range (+1/2)

Active Cost = 25 points

Real Cost = 25 points

END Use = 0 END

When used, this will cause the target to make a 1" leap, which thanks to the Megascale is equal to

100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

light-years. Can you say "Goodbye"?

You've got to consider that the observable diameter of the Universe as a whole is just 20,000,000,000 light-years!

[Edit: it keeps splitting the line, and not at a comma! Oh well.]

Try these on for size as well:

"Population Explosion"

Duplication: "Average" Version of Target (1 point)

All Points of Duplicate Can Differ (+1)

Duplicates Cannot Recombine (-0)

Usable As Attack (+1)

0 END Persistent (+1)

Uncontrolled (+1/2)

Sticky (+1/2)

Active Cost = 5 points

Real Cost = 5 points

END Use = 0 END

When used, an "average person" version of the target appears. A good way to define this would be to say the "average version" of the target is a younger version of themselves, before they gained any of their skills or abilities. Thanks to the "Sticky", the effect will spread to anyone they touch. Note: The "average normal" write-up in FREd is what I'm referring to when I say "average version" of the target. The "average normal" is listed as having a negative point cost, but since the minimum cost for any Power is 1 point, that's why I set the Duplication at 1 point.

"I Can't Feel My Feet!"

Darkness vs. Sense of Touch (5 points)

Usable As Attack (+1)

Uncontrolled (+1/2)

Sticky (+1/2)

0 END (+1/2)

Range (+1/2)

Active Cost = 20 points

Real Cost = 20 points

END Use = 0

The target is unable to feel anything by sense of touch, and anyone/thing he touches will also be affected by this Power (thanks to the "Sticky").

"Let Me Give You A Hand"

Extra Limbs (5 points)

Usable As Attack (+1)

Uncontrolled (+1/2)

Sticky (+1/2)

Autofire: 5 Shot Max (+1 1/2)

Ranged (+1/2)

Active Cost = 25 points

Real Cost = 25 points

END Use = 0

The target gains a number and type of extra limbs of your choice (this choice must be made when buying the Power; it unfortunately cannot be chosen on a case-by-case basis). Each successful 'hit' using the autofire grants that number and type of limbs to the target.

Example: The Helping Hand hits Targetgirl with this attack, and rolls well enough for three 'hits'. Each use of this Power is defined as giving the target 4 proportionally-sized hairy spider's legs (so the target gets spider legs about the size of their own natural legs). Since this was 3 hits, poor Targetgirl is now sporting 12 hairy spider legs, in addition to her own natural limbs.

"Permanent Air Conditioning"

Change Environment: 69 degrees F, 1 hex (5 points)

Change is Permanent (+20 points)

16 Charges per day (-0)

Active Cost = 25 points

Real Cost = 25 points

END Use = 0

"Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!"

Flash: 1d6 vs. Normal Vision (5 points)

0 END Persistant (+1)

Continous (+1)

Uncontrolled (+1/2)

Sticky (+1/2)

Active Cost = 20 points

Real Cost = 20 points

END Use = 0

Special Effect: An extra pair of hands/arms sprouts from the victim's head and continuously pokes the victim in the eyes. Anyone they touch will be similarly afflicted, thanks to the "Sticky." How to turn it off: Poke YOURSELF in the eyes.

"I Have A Ringing In My Ears"

Flash: 2d6 vs. Normal Hearing (6 points)

0 END Persistant (+1)

Continous (+1)

Uncontrolled (+1/2)

Sticky (+1/2)

Active Cost = 24 points

Real Cost = 24 points

END Use = 0

Special Effect: An extra pair of hands/arms sprouts from the victim's head and continuously boxes the victim's ears. Anyone they touch will be similarly afflicted, thanks to the "Sticky." How to turn it off: Box your ears YOURSELF.

"He Never Knew What Hit Him"

Invisibility to Danger Sense, No Fringe

1/2 End (+1/4)

Active Cost = 25 points

Real Cost = 25 points

END Use = 1

Great for sneaking up on somebody with Cockroach Sense, or whatever they called it...

Entropic Touch:

1d6 Drain vs. BODY

..Continuous (+1)

..Uncontrolled (+1/2)

25 Active Points

"The Vulcan Death Grip"

1d6 Suppress vs. Body

Continuous (+1)

Invisible Power Effects (+1)

No Range (-1/2)

Active Cost = 10 points

Real Cost = 5 points

END Use = 1 END per phase

This one is the *definition* of the word "nasty." Once you hit someone with it, so long as you continue to pay END, they'll lose an average of 3 BODY every 2 phases, and they don't know why! (Invisible Power Effects). You don't need to concentrate to maintain it, or spend an attack action to maintain it -- Continuous makes it automatic. The defense against it is Power Defense, so if they have any, you'll be screwed; but if they don't, and *most* people don't... When they reach 0 BODY, their life signs are fading; when they are as far below zero as they were originally above it, they're dead. An autopsy or a "Detect Life" power will prove them to be dead. Here's the kicker, though: as soon as you turn off the Suppress (stop paying END for it) the Suppressed BODY comes back all at once, bringing them back to life! Of course, if an autopsy has been done in the mean time, they won't be that way for long, but still...!

"I Can See You But You Can't See Me"

Darkness 1" Radius vs Sight, Hearing, Touch, Smell/Taste Sense Groups

Personal Immunity (+1/4)

No Range (-1/2)

1 Continuing Fuel Charge Lasts 5 minutes (-1/2)

Active Cost = 31 points

Real Cost = 15 points

Basically, you just soak up all the ambient energy (all light, sound, etc.) Game Notes: As per FREd, p.283, all opponents are at ½ DCV, ½ OCV for hand-to-hand combat and ½ DCV, 0 OCV for ranged combat..it can be thwarted in a few ways: exotic targetting senses and Combat Sense to name two.

"Body Boom"

1d6 RKA

Penetrating x2 (+1)

Area of Effect: Radius (+1; 3")

No Range (-1/2)

Not vs. Living Things (-1/2)

Increased END Cost: x3 END (-1)

Active Cost = 45 points

Real Cost = 15 points

END Use = 12 END

This is, basically, an explosion centered on you that only harms non-living items. It will destroy or severly damage most machines and Foci (see rules on Breaking Foci) and do moderate damage to buildings, vehicles, and pavement. It will also have the side effect of leaving most people in the area stark naked.

"Have A Nice Trip"

Teleportation 1" (Straight Up)

Area of Effect: 1 Hex (+1/2)

Continuous (+1)

Usable As An Attack (+1)

Active Cost = 7 points

Real Cost = 7 points

END Use = 1 END

If a person hit by this doesn't have Flight or some other sort of aerial movement, they'll simply fall into the effect again. This puts them into a loop, and they continue to gain speed as they are, in effect, continuously falling, until they hit terminal velocity. When you turn it off, they'll hit the ground with the speed they had at the time, for up to 30d6 of damage (for terminal velocity).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Re: VERY Abusive Powers

1" Teleportation

possition shift(same place opposite direction)

Area of effect 1hex

MegaScale(10meters)

personal immunity

Reduced end(zero)

affects desolidified

persistant

inherent

Usable as an attack

uncontroled(to always be teleporting around the Character)

always on

This is a way of always keeping people away from you. Anyone enters your buble the automatically get teleported where they are but in opposite direction and since they would maintain momentum they would be walking(flying) right back out. About the only way for someone to get to(or hurt) you, he would have to teleport in so you wouldnt enter untill you were next to them. Also increase the mass you effect if you want to keep weapons from hurting you.

1inch teleportation

position shift

4x penetrating

usable as an attack

reduced end(zero)

ranged

line of sight(so you wont have ranged mod)

Variable advantage (+1) so you can tack on megascaled if you need to get them even farther away, or even just exter layers of penatrating if you need.

***also buy up about ten CSL with this attack alone so you don't miss. This one is ment to get your enemy AWAY, or though him on the ground near an ally but so his face is on the ground and you can attack him with a much higher chance of hitting. Also just buy up your mass you effect and build it with a -1/2 lim only to effect non-living things so you can get rid of a weapon.

Also teleportation as a Damage Shield. Needless to say I love Teleportation.

La rose

La rose

Repped for bumping this thread - thanks, I was looking for this one recently :)

edit: On 2nd glance, this thread is short. There was a much longer one somewhere . . . Rep to the first person who can point it out!

edit2: found it! I forgot that I had used the Subscription option to effectively bookmark the thread :D

Megascale Swinging' date=' go ahead, just try and get that past your GM. There's no way he'd go for it even if he's Foxbat's dopey brother.[/quote']

Bah. My ship, the Swinging Scientist proves the practicality of propulsion not by primitive action/reaction principles, but by simply pulling one's ship into space with a tractor beam. That the system has reduced effectiveness in interstellar space is merely function of how uninteresting interstellar space is. The sideways motion imparted by the target's rotation only helps confuse would-be attackers.

Would you Like to Swing on a Star?

[quote=Mr. Gradgrind's

Literal Answers to Rhetorical Questions]

Would you like to swing on a star?

There has been a good deal of research into the use of long tethers linking space probes which could use the gravitational differential between linked units closer to and farther from a massive object to generate both electrical and kinetic energy (see L. Johnson, B. Gilchrist, R. D. Estes and E. Lorenzini: Advances in Space Research, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 1055-1063 (1999). However, problems of scale and temperature make it unlikely that this technique will be applied to interstellar navigation any time in the near future; so you would be wise to limit your wishes to swinging from a planet.

More of the same can be found at

http://wsu.edu/~brians/gradgrind.html

Where Gradgrind answers questions like "How long has this been going on?" "What shall we do with a drunken sailor?" and "What's up, Doc?"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that Lucius sometimes gives rhetorical answers to literal questions.

Summon 50 point goon--10 points

Absolute loyalty--+1

x16 summon task increase--+1

Cumulative--+1/2

x64--+1 1/2

0 END Persistent--+1

Continuous uncontrolled--+1 1/2

75 points for a never ending supply of mooks(up to 64). 140 active points if you bring them in 4 at a time.:)

I don't recall having a "What's the most abusive power you can come up with?" thread for a while, so let's start one. ;)

Out of curiosity, why create a new thread as opposed to resurrecting the old one?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "A new thread. Sew what?"

Out of curiosity' date=' why create a new thread as opposed to resurrecting the old one?[/quote']Because Thread Necromancy is the darkest of arts... :sneaky:

Okay, here's one...

17 You Will Meet A Gorfian Doom, Space Cadet!: Teleportation 1", Ranged (+½), No Range Modifier (+½), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +½), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+½), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +¾), Usable As Attack (defense is Power Defense; +1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 ¼); Can Only Teleport To Fixed Locations (-1), Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) PLUS Drain Life Support: Immune to Vacuum / Low Pressure 1 point (standard effect: 1 point), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +½), Ranged (+½), No Range Modifier (+½), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +½), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +¾), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Linked (to Teleportation; -¼) PLUS Drain Life Support: Immune to Vacuum / Low Pressure 1 point (standard effect: 1 point), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +½), Ranged (+½), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +½), No Range Modifier (+½), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +¾), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Linked (to Teleportation; -¼). [END=9]

1 Next Stop: Space!: Teleportation: Fixed Location (1 Locations)

The user can attack any target of roughly human mass within about 75", targeting DCV 3 with a Fully Invisible, Fully Indirect attack. If the attacker hits, and if the target has no Power Defense, then the target is instantly teleported into space, and their Life Support: Immunity to Vacuum is removed. :)

Hm. Looks too survivable; if the Life Support includes more stuff, does the Drain just hit the Vacuum?

I'd prefer to make it more definite. Derek, push the Megascale to 150,000,000 km and set the Fixed Location to Center of the Sun.

Hm. Looks too survivable; if the Life Support includes more stuff' date=' does the Drain just hit the Vacuum?[/quote']Presumably. It would be like buying "Drain ED Armor" instead of "Drain Armor". Note that I didn't take any Limitation for the fact that the only sub-type of Life Support it works on is Immunity to Vacuum.

I'd prefer to make it more definite. Derek' date=' push the Megascale to 150,000,000 km and set the Fixed Location to Center of the Sun.[/quote']:D

Megascale Swinging' date=' go ahead, just try and get that past your GM. There's no way he'd go for it even if he's Foxbat's dopey brother.[/quote']As a GM, I'd let any character have that.

It's virtually worthless. You wanna waste points on that? Go right ahead. ;)

('Course, I guess if they had enough MegaScale on the Swinging, they could attach their swinglines to things like planets... ;))

('Course' date=' I guess if they had [b']enough[/b] MegaScale on the Swinging, they could attach their swinglines to things like planets... ;))

Hey, there's that 150,000,000 km Megascale again! ;) Put 'em both in an Environmental Control!

Hm. Looks too survivable; if the Life Support includes more stuff' date=' does the Drain just hit the Vacuum?[/quote']

In addition to Power Defense, wouldn't making the Life Support Inherent also protect against this power?