What would Your Character Do? #57

Wormhole

One night you came home so worn out from a major superbattle that you went straight to bed. During that night's action, a magically inclined villain zapped you with a power that didn't seem to have any effect... at least not at the time.

The next morning, you wake and discover you've somehow been transformed into a dog (breed depending on you're character's personality). You still have your normal intelligence and can speak, but you are unable to use any of your superpowers. What would you do?

Yellow Labrador Retriver-Hummingbird (yep, a BIRD DOG nyuk nyuk) would probably talk Aurora through building him an exoskeleton so he could still walk around at human height, and use his various costumes. Then he'd set about trying to figure out how to reverse this malady. Since some of his powers are a form of technology-based cyberkinesis anyway, getting the interface right shouldn't be too hard. In fact, he might have some off-the-shelf stuff already whipped up for that sort of thing.

Armando--Golden retriever. His powers are esentially super-competence and extreme Dex. Not sure what not being able to use them means . . .

Crimson Tide--Komondor. Um mad dog, shoot it quick!

Sword Dancer--Uh is there a traditional Korean breed?

She, again, has many mystic contacts to turn to.

Gangway--Grey hound, of course, she knows there has to be a reason for this and it will become clear eventually (like in the next ten minutes, she's sure . . .)

Luna--Neapolitan mastiff. No idea what she would do . . .

Kenneth would be a runty beagle if the Husky formula still worked maybe Husky would appear more apelike or maybe he'd look like a giant cross between a malamut(sp?) and a Husky. But before trying the formula he'd get some of the Clarkebots to do the manual labor in the lab while he tride to figure out what happened. If an emergency happened and Husky was needed Kenneth would hesitantly activate the untested prototype Huskybot.

Mayday a dalmatian?

LineDrive has to be a scrappy terrier mutt.

Sabre a greyhound.

ShadowCross Saluki.

Wraithe Spaniel.

Sabre calls in to report a defect in the armor, damage from the last fight so she cant come in, then go find someone to fix this.

Wraithe trots over to PRIMUS HQ and pees on the Golden Avengers tires before finding her CO and calling in some government payroll experts.

None of the others have mystical allies, although, Mayday might spend some time in the crime ridden streets listening in on criminal plans and tracking down scents while awaiting a cure.

• 3 years later...

Re: What would Your Character Do? #57

Well, Vitus is already an anthropomorphic hyena - altho he always prefers the phrase "balding gnolliform ape", and describes humans thus - so taking away the 'anthropomorphic' bit isn't too difficult. Of course, without dextrous hands there's not much he can do about it, other than advise his teams how to disable and capture the bastard, and start biting bits off, bones and all, until he agrees to change him back

Zero would probably a chihuahua - a nervous, bulging forehead, farting chihuahua. Thoroughly cowed. as to what to do, hide under the furniture and twitch, probably

One night you came home so worn out from a major superbattle that you went straight to bed. During that night's action, a magically inclined villain zapped you with a power that didn't seem to have any effect... at least not at the time.

The next morning, you wake and discover you've somehow been transformed into a dog (breed depending on you're character's personality). You still have your normal intelligence and can speak, but you are unable to use any of your superpowers. What would you do?

MArksman only knows one mage, and not very well, but he would get in touch and see about reversing it. He would also talk to Cerebus (A 3 headed brick/dog on his team) to see what he can do

Mike the Demoness: An Alsatian or husky. "Ha ha, very funny. I know I said I was looking for a way to be swapped into a mortal body, but this isn't what I meant, and you know it. Do you have any idea the trouble a dog in a demon's body, with a demon's powers, can do?" And off the team goes to collect the pooch-minded demoness, who's now chasing cars (and catching them), incinerating noisy vacuum cleaners, watering fire hydrants with napalm, and doing unmentionable things to cats and/or dogs.

Rubber Mousie: A black lab. "/Man/, it's hard getting used to having a skeletal system, and muscles anchored in specific places that can only contract. Anyone have any idea what happened to me? Lightning bolt, magic spell, spilled chemicals, villain with a mind-swapping gun...? No? Oh. Well, uh, is there any room on the team for a talking dog? I guess I can't flow through a screen door anymore, but I think I can watch people without them realizing I can report on what I see..."

I'm just going to do the dog types; not how they would fix this.

Volt Black Labrador Retriever. You know, loyal, anxious to please, happy.

Olorin Jack Russel Terrier. High energy, very intelligent - just like him.

Black Tiger Rhodesian Ridgeback. One person dog, very protective, can be vicious.

Futurian K-9 from Doctor Who. Ok, I'll get real. Some type of terrier, probably a Scottish Terrier.

Tao: Doberman or Pit Bull, more likely a Doberman. It just fits her.

Ivy: Collie

Velocity: One of those little yappy hyperactive dogs, you know what one I mean.

Shidoku: Mixed breed mutt, blind in one eye, a little mangy but loyal in that way only mutts can be.

Valkyrie: Pure Breed golden retriever, loyal and smart but a bit timid.