750 Point Star Hero

Metaphysician

Normally I'd call this the basis of a Galactic Champions campaign, since the kind of points you're talking about are normally suitable only for superheroes. But if by "Star HERO" campaigns you mean heroic level sci-fi, that lets out massive innate superhuman abilities. You're not even supposed to charge points for personal equipment unless it's truly unique. And it's very hard to put that many points into Skills and Talents without stretching credulity.

About all that occurs to be is to go the D&D "dominions" route and really pour points into Perks, Bases, Followers and Vehicles. Your characters would probably be rulers of planets, admirals of space fleets, or heads of interstellar mega-corporations. They would be among the movers and shakers in the galaxy. Campaigns would run the gamut from court intrigues to mass combat warfare, mostly for high stakes.

Get some awesome space fighters and the wingmen to help fly them?

I think asking lots of questions about the nature of the campaign would be pretty helpful. Are things like human enhancements via genetic engineering and or nanotech common, and thus where the points are supposed to go? Are the characters major players in the settings, and thus need to have lots of bases, contacts, followers, vehicles, perks, and skills? Are the PCs on the Jedi Council and thus probably should be buying lightsaber fighting and force powers?

Okay, to specify what I was thinking: If you can justify it within the science fiction genre, you can go with it, and the consequences thereof.

For instance, if you are playing Terran Empire, and want to create a character with some really badass cyber-enhanced reflexes, courtesy of some new bleeding edge hardware, fine. Of course, you're either beholden to some governmental body, or hunted by somebody who wants your tech ( or both ). And no, cybernetics don't allow for mach 5 running speed.

( I'd say "No Culture-level gear," but I don't think you could fit culture tech under 750 points, anyway. . . )

Well, Legendary level heroes probably could be built successfully at that level:

200+ points on stats

150+ points on non-combat skills

50+ points in combat levels

100+ points in special talents and minor powers

100+ points in perks, money, contacts, rank, etc.

leaving points for unique equipment, sidekicks, etc.

It'd be difficult to keep coming up with things to throw at a whole team of guys like that, since they'd all be pretty self-sufficient.

Nah, self-sufficiency is a good thing. It means you actually can run "You vs The Empire," and not have them die in two sessions due to lack of resources.

"The good news: You all get to build on 750 points."

"The bad news: you and your associated NPCs are the sole free humans in Xenovore space, after they conquered Earth."