a modern Queen of Swords

Mark Rand

According to the TV seriesThe Queen of Swords, a young Spanish noblewoman fought crime and corruption in the town of Santa Helena, California in the 1820s. Let us assume her female desendants also took up the fight.

Would the current Queen of Swords be Spanish?

What city would she protect?

What kind of sword would she use?

Aside from sword fighting, martial arts and knowledge of her home city, what skills and powers, if any, would she have?

Spain is an interesting place. It is a country that has been influenced by both larger Europe and by Arabia.

Sword wise though, I would go with the standard fencing type blades, rapier or saber. However if you wish you could justify just about any type of blade from broadswords to scimitars depending on the lady’s lineage.

City wise Madrid & Barcelona are probably the two large Spanish cities best known to outsiders so you would be pretty safe with either. Personally I would pick Madrid since Toledo, one of the most famous sword making cities in the world is just a short drive away….

basically she seems like a female zoro

so think mask of zoro line of women training apprentices to continue there fight for equality and fredom from opression for all women.

modern one would probably still by hispanic but now shes a computer geek or police woman or something who ends up training in fencing and becoming the legendary queen of the swords cpombined with concealed gadgets

in modern day LA or san fransico or santa helena for that matter but a big city would be better

Originally posted by JmOz

I would go the fictional city (or at lease i think Santa Helena is fictional). It would have grown into a big city.

I would say no on other gadgets (Except maybe some protective gear and comunications systems)

Saber or Rapier on sword

Well, she would need some way to get around. Possibly a motorcycle. I would be willing to add in a grapnel gun, if this is a female Zoro, she has to be able to swing. Depending on the TV show, which I haven't seen, she might get away with a whip, too.

she definatly needs a big black super bike like a ducati or a triumph.

some trick riding a remote control as well maybe.

i still like the idea of a modern gadgeter version with a range of trick swords. like a a tazer sword or one with a concealed strobe light one with a knock out gas sprayer in the guard. one that returns to her hand when she puts it down. thus making her the queen of swords

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Would the original Queen of Swords and her modern counterpart fit into the Marvel Universe?

No, it's full. If you add a single extra superhero to the Marvel Universe, the whole thing will burst, covering the adjacent universes in piles of ugly monsters with over-sized fists, mutants and alliteration.

Originally posted by freakboy6117

she definatly needs a big black super bike like a ducati or a triumph.

some trick riding a remote control as well maybe.

i still like the idea of a modern gadgeter version with a range of trick swords. like a a tazer sword or one with a concealed strobe light one with a knock out gas sprayer in the guard. one that returns to her hand when she puts it down. thus making her the queen of swords

If you really want to go the trick sword angle I would suggest one sword with multiple functions (A taser built in, a gas release in the handle, with multiple payloads, etc)

Originally posted by Bengal

As long as she's using a golf bag, why not trick golf clubs instead of swords? She could be the Queen of Clubs. And make her Scottish.

Heh, I used to actually have a villain like that - "the Golf Pro" - lots of trick clubs and balls, rode around in a tricked-out golf cart...may have to break him out for a few more rounds someday...

Ha ha.

The Queen's sword is going to have a blade composed of plastisteel (a new Stark Industries plastic that's hard as steel and keeps as good an edge as the best steel, but doesn't conduct electricity) covered by thin metal plates. This permits the sword to act as a taser. The cross guard has two high-energy strobes built into it. The hilt holds the power supplies.

A bracers is on each wrist. The right hand one carries canisters of sleep gas. The left hand one holds a climbing line.

When I started this thread, I also started one about the Southwestern Prnnsylvania Avengers. The Queen just might join them.

I'm not sure about her mode of transportation. A motorcycle may not be the best on icy streets.

Guest Major Tom

My 2 cents on this subject:

It's within the realm of possibility that a modern-day descendant

of the Queen of Swords could have learned to use a different

style of swordfighting -- say, for instance, the Japanese art of

Kenjutsu. A Katana (a.k.a. Daimo) would, in this in-

stance, be the weapon of choice for her, or possibly even a

Wakisashi (a.k.a. Shoto).

Now as to the choice of vehicle for a present-day Queen of Swords,

I agree with those who chose a motorcycle of one sort or another.

While it lacks the protection that a high-performance car would

provide against small-arms fire, a motorcycle's higher maneuverability

and ability to go places where full-sized cars can't (drain tunnels,

narrow alleys, etc.) would, for the most part, make up for that

shortcoming -- especially in the hands of a skilled rider.

As far as gadgets are concerned, just remember that any useful

piece of equipment is, of necessity, going to have to be reduced

in size so that it can be easily concealed on and/or within her

costume (considering that most outfits worn by female crime-

fighters in TV and the movies tend to be, shall we say,

extremely

form-fitting, that's going to be a rather hellacious task, to say the

least), in the event that the bad guys somehow manage to capture

her and strip her of her visible gear. Boot heels are a classic hid-

ing place for stuff like miniaturized escape tools or plastique

(incendiary putty might be a better choice, especially for a

quiet escape). Hidden pockets within the costume itself are

also a possibility (say, secret pockets in the legs that could

conceal thin but strong climbing line).

With regards to where our modern-day Queen of Swords would

make her home, there seem to be two major havens of criminal

activity (at least in movies and TV): Los Angeles and New York

City. Since the West Coast is, for the purposes of this topic,

the choice of locale, that leaves us with Los Angeles or, to a

lesser extent, San Fransisco.

(Okay, so I've put in more than my 2 cents' worth on this topic.

But that's what happens when you get a lot of ideas and need

to put them down before you forget them.)

Major Tom :D

The Poster formerly known as Space Cadet

Originally posted by KA.

To: freakboy6117, caris, JmOz, Rechan, Bengal, BoneDaddy

You guys sound like the "think tank" behind some of the scripts for the new Superman movie they are working on.:rolleyes:

Thank goodness you don't actually work in Hollywood.

Just kidding! :D

KA.

Leave me out of this