The Unofficial Ultimate Quiver

Richard Logue

What is it about the archers? Hawkeye, Green Arrow, Warpath... The archers have always been one of the established staples of comic books. Hawkeye has always been one of my favorite Avengers, and there will always be a Green Arrow in one form or another in the DCU. And from recent threads on here, its obvious the archers are favorites.

I'd like to see all the wonderful possible arrows we can come up with. Let's not post your archery multipowers, just single arrow types. I'll start with a few, and I'll keep them around 50 Active Points.

Broadhead. 2d6 RKA, Penetrating. The standard in pointing out a tough villains errors. 45 Active.

Sureflight. 6d6 EB, NRM. Precision at its finest. 45 Active.

Boom! 'Head. 6d6 EB, AOE 1 hex (x2 radius). Sometimes the only way to catch the bad guy is to blow 'im up. 52 Active.

Smoke Out. 5" Darkness (vs. Sight Group). Being swamped by Viper? Obscure their sight with scads of smoke! 50 Active.

Whacha got?

Rocket Arrow I- 25" flight, No NCM(-1/4), Oif(-1/2), 4 charges of 1 minute each(-1/4)

Rocket Arrow II- 3d6+1 RKA (physical), 4 Charges(-1), shares charges with Rocket Arrow I slot(-1/2)

Uh, why is your broadhead bought as penetrating? A bodkin I could see (it's sharp and pointy) but not a broadhead. A broadhead arrowhead is just like it sounds, broad. It's designed to make big holes in soft targets, not punch little holes in armored ones.

If you want a penetrating killing attack on the end of an arrow, I'd go with a rocket assisted projectile, a needle tip made of some exotic material, a shaped charge tip or something like that.

I'd also go with your standard bolo/net arrow for capturing people without punching holes in them.

Also a tazer type arrowhead for roughly the same purpose. Might also be good for disrupting robots or machinery.

$0.02

Originally posted by BNakagawa

Uh, why is your broadhead bought as penetrating? A bodkin I could see (it's sharp and pointy) but not a broadhead. A broadhead arrowhead is just like it sounds, broad. It's designed to make big holes in soft targets, not punch little holes in armored ones.

If you want a penetrating killing attack on the end of an arrow, I'd go with a rocket assisted projectile, a needle tip made of some exotic material, a shaped charge tip or something like that.

I'd also go with your standard bolo/net arrow for capturing people without punching holes in them.

Also a tazer type arrowhead for roughly the same purpose. Might also be good for disrupting robots or machinery.

$0.02

So post your version of a broadhead arrow. And post stats for your bolo net and tazer arrows. Stats, man.

This is meant to be an idea thread, not a debate thread.

No offense, but I think 60 Active points would be a better limit (Most MP's on archers seem to be there)

Take this one

EMP Arrow 1d6 RKA, Penetrating, af-5, Explosion, 30 charges, Personal Immunity, Only works against things containing electronics (-1), Must use charges in groups of 5, Must target single hex/person (-1/4), OAF: Arrow

A couple others that I like, all are about 60 points

GAS Arrow: we have all seen versions of these, ranging from 4-6d6 NND, sometimes with an AE or Ex added, mine is slightly more complicated

3d6 EB, NND, Explosion, Continous, Sticky, 3 charges lasting 1 Turn. The sticky will let it stick to someone for up to an extra turn, they can avoid this by making a Con roll

Want to stun a lot and throw people around, but not really hurt them?

The Concussion Blast Arrow does 8d6 FLASH:Touch, explosion, Does KB, x2 KB

60 point Ice Arrow:

4d6 def4 entangle and 2d6 NND(defense is safe:intense cold, +1)

Tear Gas arrow:

2d6 dex drain, only for affecting OCV/DCV(-1/2) and 6d6 sight group flash

FlashBang arrow:

11d6 sight and hearing group flash

Diamond tip drill arrow: 2" tunneling through upto def 15 material, does not allow movement(-1), 4 charges of I turn each(-1/2)- just breaks through matter but does not leve a big enough hole to move through, good for breaching forcewalls though

Originally posted by JmOz

Want to stun a lot and throw people around, but not really hurt them?

The Concussion Blast Arrow does 8d6 FLASH:Touch, explosion, Does KB, x2 KB

Or if you just want to throw one person around, even if they're hard to knockback...

10d6 Dispel vs. Knockback Resistance, Does Knockback, Double Knockback.

Guest Major Tom

Hmmm... A really evil NPC archer (or a particularly vicious PC

vigilante archer) would probably use something similar to the

Copperhead Ripper on his/her arrows. For those who may not

have heard of this arrowhead type, it's the kind that was shown

in Rambo: First Blood II. They're designed in such a way

that, once a target's been hit, it can't be removed except by

surgical means.

Admittedly, I'm at a loss to figure out how this would look in 5th

Ed. format at the moment.

Major Tom :confused:

Pressure release grenade arrow:

rka with a second ranged killing attack explosion, triggered but signal from user or removal of arrowhead from target, must do at least one body with intial rka to use second attack.