What Happened to Terror Inc.

Corven_Ren

Before anyone calls me stupid or anything let me just say I have been out of the Champions loop for quite a few years. I recently found all of my old Champions characters and wanted to start playing again. I came to the sight to price books and downloaded the free lists of known heroes and villains and reading it I noticed that Terror Inc was no longer there. My old champions GM used them alot and one of my heroes origin is directly linked to Proffessor Muerte. I would like to know what happened to them.

Scorpia and Fuermacher (renamed) are in Eurostar. Giganto is wandering around location unknown. Professor Muerte is dead, fused in his armor at the bottom of the sea.

More information is in CKC (that's Conquerors, Killers, and Crooks) in the Eurostar write up.

Steve's pretty much said that there's not going to be a Resurrection for good old Morty.

D

BTW you might be interested in this thread . It not only discusses ways to bring back Terror Inc. into the curent CU, but includes attached files from "Captain Liberty" (Steve Perrin, the creator of Terror Inc.) with 4E HERO writeups for more experienced versions of all the members of Terror Inc., plus two new members devised for his campaign (check Page 2).

I'm actually bringing back Terror, Inc in my game but with Holocaust as the leader. I'm including Shamrock, Frizbee, and Lazer; with occasional appearances by Gravitar (thanks LL for giving me the idea to make Holocaust and Gravitar a couple!). I choose Shamrock and Lazer due to their mercenary attitudes and Frizbee just because I miss her. :)

Originally posted by Redmenace

I can't blame Steve Long for the decision to retire prof muerte, he really is the poorman's Dr Destroyer but I liked him. It is Hero, you can always build a 350 pt plus version of him yourself.

I think the 5E version of Dr. Destroyer would have just killed Professor Muerte a long time ago just because he was an idiot. :)

Originally posted by Monolith

I think the 5E version of Dr. Destroyer would have just killed Professor Muerte a long time ago just because he was an idiot. :)

Muerte: "I want to be just like you when I grow up. See, I got a battlesuit. And minions. And a hideously scarred face. And everything. And listen, 'Now you face the wrath of Professor Muerte". Pretty good, huh."

Destroyer: ZARK!

A fine bit of Muerte Ash comes floating on the wind. And he was gone.

D

Originally posted by lemming

Whoop. Lord Liaden already pointed out the thread.

So I just have to ask Monolith: Frizbee!?

Granted she was going fairly radical, but I think she's a bit loopy.

Sometimes, I'm sorry I missed everything before 4th edition. But, not right now.

Frizbee. Riiiiiiight.

D

I liked Frizbee too; something about frizbees as weapons just seems cool, although I'm at a loss to say why. :rolleyes:

Holocaust does seem to fill the "second-tier megalomaniac with ambition but no clear plan" role that Prof. Muerte often seemed to occupy. OTOH there are lots of directions you could take the Muerte character now that could make him quite distinctive; the abovelinked thread explores a few of those.

I'm actually bringing back Terror, Inc in my game but with Holocaust as the leader. I'm including Shamrock, Frizbee, and Lazer; with occasional appearances by Gravitar (thanks LL for giving me the idea to make Holocaust and Gravitar a couple!). *SNIP*

You're welcome, but I can't really take the credit; making them a couple (albeit briefly) is one of the plot seeds for Holocaust in CKC, and making it an on-again off-again partnership was based on Destroyer and Muerte. They do seem to be a natural, though. I just don't want to be within ten miles of ground zero the first time Gravitar asks Holocaust for the remote. ;)

So I just have to ask Monolith: Frizbee!?

Granted she was going fairly radical, but I think she's a bit loopy.

I think all villain groups need that one character who just doesn't quite fit; that one person that the players have a chance of turning, if not completely away from evil at least to the point where she'll spill the beans on Terror, Inc's plans.

I can envision Frizbee in TI feeling overmatched and not really having any true politcal agenda. Frizbee just loves the amount of money she's making as part of TI, until something happens that makes her understand just how "real" it all is.

And what can I say, I just like Frizbee. :)

I think all villain groups need that one character who just doesn't quite fit; that one person that the players have a chance of turning, if not completely away from evil at least to the point where she'll spill the beans on Terror, Inc's plans.

I can envision Frizbee in TI feeling overmatched and not really having any true politcal agenda. Frizbee just loves the amount of money she's making as part of TI, until something happens that makes her understand just how "real" it all is.

And what can I say, I just like Frizbee. :)

I suppose so, but if I remember right she was a secretary that one day decided to become a supervillian?

Maybe it was the Afro?

I suppose so, but if I remember right she was a secretary that one day decided to become a supervillian?

Maybe it was the Afro?

You think secretaries don't decide to become supervillains? You should see what I did to Wendy Brooks. :)

And she was an albino black woman. Her sensitivity to light is what drove her over the edge. :)

Thank you everyone for your replies, as for bringing Terror Inc back in my campaign cant say that it will happen because I never owned any of the old books and if Muerte is not included in the new ones there is no way I can update him. Heres hoping I can even find people to play. As for Reptyle his creator is dead and he is no longer hunted.