Originally posted by Twilight

*bzzt* Sorry that is incorrect

Originally posted by Law Dog

Sorry, wrong.

Nope, correct.

Wrong!

And the entire thing might have been avoided if you had posted this tidbit back at the beginning!

However the only evidence we require at the moment is the fact that the creator of Static, who also writes for the Justice League show, has stated that Static is indeed in the current DC Animated Continuity.

Which tells me that this wasn't about the subject at hand, but rather an excuse for an arguement.

Originally posted by Kristopher

And the entire thing might have been avoided if you had posted this tidbit back at the beginning!

Which tells me that this wasn't about the subject at hand, but rather an excuse for an arguement.

On top of the tidbit being up for debate itself. It's the Missouri Argument. Unless it's shown, it's not canon. It's the equivalent of Joe GM saying his adventures take place in the Marvel Universe. For his game, yes it does, for the rest of the world, no it doesn't.

Originally posted by Law Dog

On top of the tidbit being up for debate itself. It's the Missouri Argument. Unless it's shown, it's not canon. It's the equivalent of Joe GM saying his adventures take place in the Marvel Universe. For his game, yes it does, for the rest of the world, no it doesn't.

Well I think the fact that the creator of the character, who also works as a writer for the DC Animated Continuity, saying his character is in that Continuty is all the proof needed.

That said, perhaps we ought to just agree to disagree on this one little point?

Originally posted by Metaphysician

Wait a sec: AFAIK, Bruce Timm has nothing to do with Static Shock. As such, the creator of Static Shock can screw himself for all I care; he doesn't make decisions on what is canon in the DCAU.

But the creator of Static Shock has much to do with his character and the Animated Continuity that Bruce Timm has created, being a writer for many of the shows in it. Thus, he would have far more knowledge on the subject then you would.

• 7 months later...

Re: Teen Heroes & Static Shock

I thought we solved all of that with Crisis of Infinite Universes...

Oh, wait, then Kingdom Come messed it all up.

You're all right. It just depends upon which parallel universe we're looking at. However, since the WB owns (or at least their parent company) the rights to these shows and the animation style is the same (not anything like the Super Friends), I'm with Twilight on this one.:D

Hey! I happened to like Kingdom Come!

And for you Missouri types' date=' Static is scheduled to show up on the Justice League cartoon later this season.[/quote']

But is it the same Static Shock that appears in the Static Shock cartoon or just the version that exists in the Justice League Unlimited universe? :)

But the creator of Static Shock has much to do with his character and the Animated Continuity that Bruce Timm has created' date=' being a writer for many of the shows in it. Thus, he would have far more knowledge on the subject then you would.[/quote']

Correct, Dwayne McDuffie is one of the show runners and writers for Justice league (Unlimited) and well as one of the writers on Teen Titans. I frequent his MB on Delphi and maybe I can direct him here to straighten out the continuity questions that you guys have.

Correct' date=' Dwayne McDuffie is one of the show runners and writers for Justice league (Unlimited) and well as one of the writers on Teen Titans. I frequent his MB on Delphi and maybe I can direct him here to straighten out the continuity questions that you guys have.[/quote']

I'm still waiting for Static to show up in an epasold of Teen Titans.

Which reminds me, the singers of the Teen Titans theam have there own show on Cartoon Network...Hi Hi! Puffy AmiYuri!. Dose that mean there canon also?

• 3 weeks later...

Heck by a simple logic makes it clear Static Shock is in the DC Animated Continuity.

Two facts makes this clear

1) Static Shock meets his future self (Future Shock) who is clearly in the Batman Beyond continuity (given that he teams up with Batman Beyond, and Mr. Wayne recognizes and barks out orders to both of them, what a control freak 8)

2) The JLU travels to the future meeting Batman Beyond in its own episode (2nd part of season finale) where the future Static appears.

The lynch pin of course is that Batman Beyond is shown to be in continuity with both Static Shock and JL:U in each series respective episodes.

The Teen Titans are clearly in a seperate continuity, as it hasn't been revealed which Robin is under the mask its difficult to determine how it fits into the continuity ;)

Static Shock' date=' the cartoon, *isn't* in the DC Animated Continuity. Too many inconsistencies. It might be in continuity with the animated Teen Titans, though, considering that they almost certainly aren't animated canon, either. . .[/quote']

Anyone catch the Static Shock ep where Batman and Robin (the Tim Drake one, presumably) end up visiting because the Joker's decided to move to new turf and recruit some of the Bang Babies?

Trying to reconcile the Bruce Timm stylizations with Static Shock's character designs looked a bit odd.

Actually, we know almost conclusively which Robin is under the mask in Teen Titans.

1) Starfire goes into the future and meets Robin, now Nightwing. When "past" Robin is tiold about this, he says "Nightwing huh?" With a speculative and inquisitive gleam in his eye. He does not say "Oh, you mean I take over for Grayson? interesting."

2) In the episode with "Robin-mite" we find out that Larry is such a fan of Robin he has almost the same name: Nosyarg Kcid, or for the mirror imparied, Dick Grayson.

Sidenote: We also know TT isn't DC continuity because everyone involved has said so, but I think that's covered already. ;)