Game Maps and Counters Exchange

etherio

Re: Game Maps and Counters Exchange

I was going to post the exterior view of the mining complex now, but I can't get anything to upload to Hero. I keep getting a "cannot find server" error. Maybe Dan's doing some housekeeping on the site. I'll try again later.

I want to add keys to the deck plans first, but I'll try to complete that this weekend and post them.

You can try emailing to me, and then I'll post, I'm home now.

(Etherio, I'll wait your word, depending on your brother)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really appreciate whatever you can send me...

Done...I emailed them to you. I think I sent them all. I'm posting here in case anyone else wants the zipped files. I'm happy to share. Let me know what you think of them, Wolfjack.

Done...I emailed them to you. I think I sent them all. I'm posting here in case anyone else wants the zipped files. I'm happy to share. Let me know what you think of them' date=' Wolfjack.[/quote']

Where did you email them? Please PM me.

Done...I emailed them to you. I think I sent them all. I'm posting here in case anyone else wants the zipped files. I'm happy to share. Let me know what you think of them' date=' Wolfjack.[/quote']

First of all, the counters are amazing! My FTF game is absolutely set thanks to them. In the interest of givinfg as good as one gets, I'm including the links to two files. Both are maps I plan on using in Adventure One (set for tonight so I hope my player isn't reading this). Both are from an old module and I've added a hex map underneath.

Hopefully these won't offend the Kopyrite Kops, and if they do I'll remove immediately! The links are:

http://www.brighthouse.ca/lee/maps/Manning 1st Floor.jpg

http://www.brighthouse.ca/lee/maps/Manning 2nd Floor.jpg

The letter keys on each room relate to another document, but they can be figured out fairly easily. As more maps are created I'll get them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Neat pictures

This site has a TON of classic Marvel portraits in perfect pose for making little stand-ups. I'm not skilled enough to attempt this myself, but figured I'd post it here and maybe someone else could run with it.

Nice! I have a little Python program I wrote to take images like this and turn them into cardboard heroes. I'll try it on some of these.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Very cool, Zorn. It's nice to have access to these again. I have 8 or 10 sheets of various stand-ups that I've put together from various artists and websites. I'd like to add them to the collection. Could you post them with a disclaimer that I'm not taking any credit except putting them together as stand-ups? Would that be kosher?

Very cool' date=' Zorn. It's nice to have access to these again. I have 8 or 10 sheets of various stand-ups that I've put together from various artists and websites. I'd like to add them to the collection. Could you post them with a disclaimer that I'm not taking any credit except putting them together as stand-ups? Would that be kosher?[/quote']

Sure. I'll PM you my email address momentarily.

I'm sorry this took so long -

http://www.realschluss.org/counters-paper_minis/

Anyone who'd like me to add to this, please let me know!

Hey there...Nice to see some interest again. I checked out the link and noticed that it mentioned some from Wolfjack. Are those yet to be posted on the page? I'd like to get my hands on any material you have to share.

A little off-topic, but I was wondering:

the stand-ups:

what size do most of you (who use them, of course) make yours?

I ask because we use them (my group refers to them as 'paper dolls'), and try to make them roughly analogous to actual minis. This way, they are available-- or used to be; the other two HERO groups in town have both disbanded for various reasons) to be shared amongst the local community. A retired PC in one game makes a dandy villain in another!

I posted a template used for creating stand-up minis and a page of minis used in my game.

The artwork was using HeroMachine.

Initially I was printing directly onto posterboard and/or index cards. I realized that if I printed on mailing labels, I would get better quality and didn't have problems with the poster board jamming in my printer.

To get to the template and minis

Visit http://www.devodog.com/champions.

I go to the page...and get "page cannot be displayed".

If I go to http://www.devodog.com/, all I get is a page that displays one thing in the upper lefthand corner...

WinSave.com

Sorry...but this doesn't help much.:idjit: Devodog...is there somnething wrong with the website? I am using Mozilla Firefox for a browser...could that be the problem?:think:

A little off-topic, but I was wondering:

the stand-ups:

what size do most of you (who use them, of course) make yours?

I ask because we use them (my group refers to them as 'paper dolls'), and try to make them roughly analogous to actual minis. This way, they are available-- or used to be; the other two HERO groups in town have both disbanded for various reasons) to be shared amongst the local community. A retired PC in one game makes a dandy villain in another!

I use them at 1" X 1/2"

By the way, guys...

Do any of you have standup minis (or full-shot images that could be used to make standups) that you can share? Obviously nothing that would be illegal or unethical to do so, of course.

I e-mailed Zornwil 5 or 6 "sheets" of standup minis a couple of days ago. I don't believe that he's had the opportunity to put them up on his webpage yet.

RPJesus and I together have some 6 or 7 hundred MB of images. I have around 350MB or so, most of which are suitable to make minis out of. We've been considering asking someone to host them for us, with a disclaimer that we are taking credit for nothing except gathering them together. That way everyone can share them, without having to hunt for them, like we have. Anyone have the space and the time to do this for us? PM me or RPJesus if you'd be willing.