Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

And I thought Mightybec was going to post pictures of girls. C&W is evil anyway and makes you go sterile.

See, and I expected him to post a pic of a sheep in a bikini, or something of that nature...

And I've known WAY to many people who listen to C&W and have sh!tloads of kids to believe the second bit, amusing as it is. ;)

How the team is going:

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 384

User Name Posts

Super Squirrel 51

archermoo 41

austenandrews 33

Mightybec 24

Kara Zor-El 23

Ben Seeman 20

HeroTina 19

Dr. Anomaly 19

Bazza 17

zornwil 16

Rachel 14

lemming 13

DocMan 10

Bill_CCHKK 9

Klytus 9

kawaii gin neko 9

Rage 8

Vanguard00 8

Tim 7

Old Man 6

gewing 6

James Gillen 5

Doug McCrae 3

Madstone 3

BoneDaddy 3

JMcL63 2

WhammeWhamme 2

Mentor 1

Lord Mhoram 1

Solomon 1

Hawksmoor 1

I think we should factor in the WGAC Index. That stands for "Who Gives A Crap?" It uses the number of views a thread has to modify its number of replies. Based on my entirely unscientific observation' date=' the average thread has roughly ten time the number of views as it does replies. So the WGAC Index is calculated by (views / replies * 10).[/quote']AA, how are we doing now?

AA' date=' how are we doing now?[/quote']

Currently our WGAC Index is around .63 which is a significant improvement. I think we turned a corner.

By comparison the "random about random" thread stands at .78, which would be a nice goal to reach; "Burning Times" is on fire with nearly a full point; and of course "catsuit" is king of the jungle at more than 2 points.

-AA

Currently our WGAC Index is around .63 which is a significant improvement. I think we turned a corner.

By comparison the "random about random" thread stands at .78, which would be a nice goal to reach; "Burning Times" is on fire with nearly a full point; and of course "catsuit" is king of the jungle at more than 2 points.

-AA

so basically more pictures needed. thanks for the update.

I don't generally like listening to amatures singing in musical styles that I LIKE' date=' much less ones that I dislike. I don't think that there is anything wrong with C&W, I just don't like it. Up to and including Hank Williams. It very well may be tea, but it isn't my cuppa...[/quote']

As to C&W, personally I think there's something somewhere we could find that you'd like, wish I were nearby and we could pore through some stuff! That's just my personal crusade in life, to safeguard corrupted and seemingly deficient genres from complete condemnation, to find that which is good in all genres. So far there's some artist in every genre who, while remaining actually fairly orthodox, can come up with something enjoyable, I think. Well, it's not my crusade, but it is my interest. Though it's hard to do with C&W, I do find a few people to be fair who simply don't like absolutely anything that is white-America organic (i.e., they don't like folk, bluegrass, any of that). But if you like any folk, I bet there's some C&W lurking about you'd like. Anyway...

on a wholly separate note - I like listening to people who can't play or sing but do so anyway. I find so much emotion in SOME of those performances, even if it's rare, that it's a tremendous reward. It breaks down, inadvertantly (as the person hasn't the skill to realize the rules they're breaking), structures and rlue swhich we then find were never necessary in the first place but rather artifices to guide us. And in having followed those artifices, we have unnecessarily constrained and choked ourselves in expression. A crime against humanity, I say.

So I am a big fan of so-called "outsider music" (I hate that term, it's odious in its implications, these people are not "outsiders", they are merely not socially practiced - they're more "insiders" to me than most people who understand and parrot societal convention).

However, I should add that re karaoke, well, that's sort of different though at times can be equally interesting for he same reasons, and as to "amateurs", well, please do note I'm painting broad brush. Amateurs who are merely aspirant professionals and thus parroting the bland, well, that's not really what I'm talking about. It's just that among truly amatuer settings (which I think I qualified earlier) I find a lot of fun.

Yeah....

Well I'll have details tomorrow.

T.

It's tomorrow!

And your last post doesn't count as to "details"! Hope you got some sleep and aren't too slow. Never was into the mechanical bull-riding thing myself, never even TOUCHED one, literally. Actually I'm not sure I've even ever been in a bar that had one.

Sexy' date=' with no naughty bits showing.[/quote']

That's a nice shot, Tim, but it makes me realize in general when it comes to pure "sexy shots" (static, PG shots) I have come to enjoy more things like super-hero shots, cosplay, just more "weird" stuff in general. That's not true of video or even R-rated shots so much. I guess I just have a bad time iwth subtelty.

How the team is going:

Who Posted?

User Name Posts

Super Squirrel 51

archermoo 41

austenandrews 33

Mightybec 24

Kara Zor-El 23

Ben Seeman 20

HeroTina 19

Dr. Anomaly 19

Bazza 17

zornwil 16

Rachel 14

lemming 13

DocMan 10

Bill_CCHKK 9

Klytus 9

kawaii gin neko 9

Rage 8

Vanguard00 8

Tim 7

Old Man 6

gewing 6

James Gillen 5

Doug McCrae 3

Madstone 3

BoneDaddy 3

JMcL63 2

WhammeWhamme 2

Mentor 1

Lord Mhoram 1

Solomon 1

Hawksmoor 1

Yeah, somehow I missed this thread for a few days.

And wha'ts Hawksmoor's problem!? :)

However, as willing as I am to help, personally, I'd rather see the Random Musings thread become the longest-running one. I really like that. No offense, SS.

-AA

Burning Times will go away at some point, though, like all those sorts of threads. I don't know if anyone can catch Catsuit.

How the team is going:

Who Posted?

User Name Posts

Super Squirrel 51

archermoo 41

austenandrews 33

Mightybec 24

Kara Zor-El 23

Ben Seeman 20

HeroTina 19

Dr. Anomaly 19

Bazza 17

zornwil 16

Rachel 14

lemming 13

DocMan 10

Bill_CCHKK 9

Klytus 9

kawaii gin neko 9

Rage 8

Vanguard00 8

Tim 7

Old Man 6

gewing 6

James Gillen 5

Doug McCrae 3

Madstone 3

BoneDaddy 3

JMcL63 2

WhammeWhamme 2

Mentor 1

Lord Mhoram 1

Solomon 1

Hawksmoor 1

Wow, that must have been a very long, and boring night for you...

It looks like my pictures have helped. I'll put up some more later.

Wow, that must have been a very long, and boring night for you...

It looks like my pictures have helped. I'll put up some more later.

No, just click on the post count number to the right on the listing of threads and it tells you everyone who posted and how many posts each. Not to take away from Bazza's effort in advising us, that was cool.

Burning Times will go away at some point' date=' though, like all those sorts of threads. I don't know if anyone can catch Catsuit.[/quote']

"No matter how good you are, there's always someone better."

In other words, Catsuit has to be conquered sooner or later; why not see to it that this thead is the one that does it?

(Though I must admit it's generally the threads that don't try to accomplish a stated purpose that seem to become a runaway success.)