Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I'm sorry to say that I just put the 'catsuit' thread further ahead by posting another dozen or so images to it. I mean, I'm not sorry I did it, but I'm sorry one result of that is setting this thread further back in its stated goal. So I'm making up for it a little bit by putting another post here. :)

As to C&W, personally I think there's something somewhere we could find that you'd like, wish I were nearby and we could pore through some stuff! That's just my personal crusade in life, to safeguard corrupted and seemingly deficient genres from complete condemnation, to find that which is good in all genres. So far there's some artist in every genre who, while remaining actually fairly orthodox, can come up with something enjoyable, I think. Well, it's not my crusade, but it is my interest. Though it's hard to do with C&W, I do find a few people to be fair who simply don't like absolutely anything that is white-America organic (i.e., they don't like folk, bluegrass, any of that). But if you like any folk, I bet there's some C&W lurking about you'd like. Anyway...

on a wholly separate note - I like listening to people who can't play or sing but do so anyway. I find so much emotion in SOME of those performances, even if it's rare, that it's a tremendous reward. It breaks down, inadvertantly (as the person hasn't the skill to realize the rules they're breaking), structures and rlue swhich we then find were never necessary in the first place but rather artifices to guide us. And in having followed those artifices, we have unnecessarily constrained and choked ourselves in expression. A crime against humanity, I say.

So I am a big fan of so-called "outsider music" (I hate that term, it's odious in its implications, these people are not "outsiders", they are merely not socially practiced - they're more "insiders" to me than most people who understand and parrot societal convention).

However, I should add that re karaoke, well, that's sort of different though at times can be equally interesting for he same reasons, and as to "amateurs", well, please do note I'm painting broad brush. Amateurs who are merely aspirant professionals and thus parroting the bland, well, that's not really what I'm talking about. It's just that among truly amatuer settings (which I think I qualified earlier) I find a lot of fun.

Well, I do like folk music, and even bluegrass. Just not C&W, and I had a great deal of exposure to it while living in OK for 8 years, so I am indeed making an informed statement.

As far as my comment about "amateurs", I was more referring to the karaoke type stuff. I'm actually quite fond of a wide variety of music by people that aren't getting paid for it. There are some very good musicians that perform regularly at a number of SCA events that I frequent. :)

I thought I saw something about "Virtual Fishing" on the website. Hope it went well (As well as being subjected to C&W could be).

archermoo, unless things have changed no smoking in California bars. (well, not legally).

I hadn't thought of that. Dang, there actually might be a reason to move there... ;)

"No matter how good you are, there's always someone better."

In other words, Catsuit has to be conquered sooner or later; why not see to it that this thead is the one that does it?

(Though I must admit it's generally the threads that don't try to accomplish a stated purpose that seem to become a runaway success.)

Sure, that's fair, but the thing is that htis factor AA has come up with is based on proportional measures so it's not just catching up on post counts, it's a lot more than that. So I shouldn't have been so pessimistic, granted, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be at least somewhat pessimistic.

Thanks' date=' zornwil, I didn't know that. A useful piece of information, and not just for this thread, either.[/quote']

Thanks, yeah, lemming showed me that trick.

I wrote a much longer explanation. Wow am I verbose tonight.

I'll be honest, SS...that doesn't sound like much fun. The WAG and A&Q threads, while pointless, are fun.

And besides, I don't want to annoy Killer Shrike any further.

Wouldn't annoying KS be the reason to do it? :D

(I do mean this lovingly)

Ah, but random musings isn't conversational. In fact, conversation is forbidden by The Old Man, I believe, and will be strictly punished. This thread, however loosely it matches the definition, is conversational. No floggings.

That's number 4...

Yeah but that's why I love the RM thread so much, it's so packed with interesting stuff that tantalizes and there are no distractions (or it's all distractions, works out the same either way).

heck, I could see Random Musings collected into a book. It'd be way too much for my wife to calligraph but it'd be really cool if someone did that.

Exactly. Though I would stress that the punishment would not involve floggings. No, instead violators shall be made to referee a debate between Seenar and Worldmaker.

Yeah, I'm mean and nasty.

That is indeed crueller than herding cats.

I briefly considered doing negative rep as a nudge but I have too much rep clout, it'd hurt! And besides it just seems a little mean for what has always been someone's mistake, either from being a newbie and skipping ahead or (as I've done) forgetting which thread you're in and replying.