Longest Running Thread EVER

Guest Skaramine

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

some pictures I took last night.

My "new" Ar-15, a Bushmaster heavy barrel, DPMS high rail flat top with a cheap but really neat "ncstar" 3-9x42 super compact scope

my sig P-228,

my Kimber Pro-carry 2.

Now I need to zero the scope...

Dude... I see one scrap of cardboard or electrical tape, we're gonna have words about stealin' my gig! :bmk:

:think:

Oh wait... yours are real...

Nevermind!

cooool pics, and of course, all guns should face right! :rockon:

Re: Good News & Bad News

Sorry to hear that. You could also try putting Oreo around here and we'd put out food' date=' but there are already dominant cats in the neighborhood and the scary/weird thing to me is that I've seen almost no cats lately, the last few months, so maybe it's not a good idea...but we'd be willing to feed and watch out to the extent possible.[/quote']

We do have someone with House of Dreams that has a similar offer. We're going for the transport option. I think after the trauma of the move, she'll do fine and probably have a longer life.

A quick story from work:

Today at the morning meeting, someone mentioned that a sex offender who made the front page of the paper this morning lives right next to him. I guess he was accused of being inappropriate with a child.

To this, one of the young ladies who works in the clothing department nonchalantly said, "Castrate him," and took another bite of her banana.

The moral of this story is: don't underestimate southern ladies. o v O

Guest Skaramine

A quick story from work:

Today at the morning meeting, someone mentioned that a sex offender who made the front page of the paper this morning lives right next to him. I guess he was accused of being inappropriate with a child.

To this, one of the young ladies who works in the clothing department nonchalantly said, "Castrate him," and took another bite of her banana.

The moral of this story is: don't underestimate southern ladies. o v O

God bless southern belles. :D

:king:         :mercury:      :venus:      :earth:      :mars:      .......      :jupiter:      :saturn:      :uranus:      :neptune:      :Pluto:

Roll 2d6 to determine your location in the Sol System:

2   Sun   3 Mercury    4 Venus    5 Earth    6 Mars    7 Asteroids    8 Jupiter    9 Saturn    10 Uranus    11 Neptune    12 Pluto

Jenn didn't land until after midnight and we didn't really get to sleep until 3ish. I was wiped this morning, but had to get some stuff done out.

Mailed off a box of comics under the $10 for a random set.

Did some grocery shopping

Got a haircut. My god! I'm bald! (just feels like it. been putting it off for a while)

Banking

Took a nap.

Now to tackle some more stuff

Read the Kanab Yellow pages that Jenn brought back with her. It's a small paperback. :D

Dude... I see one scrap of cardboard or electrical tape, we're gonna have words about stealin' my gig! :bmk:

:think:

Oh wait... yours are real...

Nevermind!

cooool pics, and of course, all guns should face right! :rockon:

I forgot to mention, the trigger is an aftermarket 2-stage Match trigger. :)

Guest Skaramine

Another picture of the nephew!

I seem to be getting weekly updates, lately. No complaints if the trend continues.

Heck, keep posting. He's the cutest bug in a rug I ever saw.

Here's a little something for you guys to enjoy... :D

I usually don't let myself get cornered like this. But the figure standing at the opening to this dead end alley all but guided me here by the hand. I'll give him credit for that.

He was human, definately Amaterasan judging by his clothes. He was good, and he had to be. I could tell by how he carried himself that he was an assassin. And since the Sin Lords of Keshteel have a collective price on my head that could buy most small planetoids, I expected some of the pros to join in.

My cybereye scanned him quite thouroughly. Not a single weapon, cybergear, or anything else on him. But I detected a spike in the psi-band sensor. He was a psychic, a physic to be exact since the readings were not radiating beyond his body.

I sent a signal to the holster under my left armpit to unlock my piece. He could make himself fast with a thought. But I was rebuilt to be faster. I'll let him make the first move and adjust. Even in the 43rd Century, learning Chess has its advantages.

He calmly removed the kimono, folding it with a monk's patience. The energy spike increased. He was channelling his psychic power into whatever abilities he possessed. I knew that the stun setting on my charge magnum would't even phase him. Best to go with full power.

He moved towards me faster than I expected, and with a cat's stealth. As fast as my enhanced muscles moved I had my piece out of the holster and targeting him before his sixth step. I fired off two quick charge shots. Both hit squarely in his chest. But the bastard was totally immune to charge weapons.

I sent another signal to my piece, powering down the charge capacitors and bring up the pulse emitters. Very few people knew that I made such modifications to my charge magnum. In my line of work, best to have the element of surprise.

I squeezed the trigger and several pulses of energy slam into him. But he still kept coming. Only the most severe training could let a physic survive pulse bolts. This guy was no ordinary assassin. The Sin Lords must be really pissed at me after my last visit.

That left me with my last resort. A little something I had integrated into my charge magnum for dire emergencies. And the situation was getting more dire the shorter the distance between us got.

One last signal to my piece, bring the power cells for both the charge and pulse weapons online and feed power in the gauss coil embedded inside the accelerator barrel. Now mind you, gauss weapons are illegal everywhere but the Holy Imperium. But I never really follow the law in my line of work.

I waited until the guy was within point blank range. No way in Hell he can dodge this much power this close. He stepped into the light that lit up my part of the alley. I could see the stylized tattoos all over his body. Something in the back of my mind told me that this wasn't good, but I didn't have time for self-contemplation as I squeezed the trigger.

A sickly green glow emanated from the business end of my piece and shot out towards the assassin. He was able to react and dodge, but not enough of him dodge the gauss blast.

I've ssen people torn to their constituent atoms by gauss blasts. Never a pretty scene, and this was no different. A good portion of his right torso no longer exists and he falls the ground in front of me. The shock of the gauss energy to his system was fatal.

I got a better look at what tattoos remained, and I felt sick.

I just killed an Oni assassin.

Guest Skaramine

I'd say 3.5-4 lbs. it was legal under NRA rules' date=' so 3.5+ iirc.[/quote']

Cool. Light sounding for my tastes, but you sound like a savvy pistolero. :D

Guest Skaramine

I'll work on it. Been having a bastich of a time getting my creative focus back lately...

I know how THAT goes...

Looks at how his Aftershock novel hasn't grown. :weep:

Cool. Light sounding for my tastes' date=' but you sound like a savvy pistolero. :D[/quote']

Ah, I wasn't clear. The kimber has a factory trigger, maybe 7 lbs, just a guess.

the Sig has a custom trigger job, nice and smooth.

the AR-15 has the match two stage trigger. They are a big advantage for accuracy, imo.

I'll have to take a close up picture of the upper receiver. it has thicker than normal walls and no dust cover.