Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Good News & Bad News

Jenn didn't land until after midnight and we didn't really get to sleep until 3ish. I was wiped this morning, but had to get some stuff done out.

Mailed off a box of comics under the $10 for a random set.

Did some grocery shopping

Got a haircut. My god! I'm bald! (just feels like it. been putting it off for a while)

Banking

Took a nap.

Now to tackle some more stuff

Read the Kanab Yellow pages that Jenn brought back with her. It's a small paperback. :D

I got a haircut, too, but nothing drastic, just like 3 inches off.so it's barely above my shoulders. I just wanted it to look a little neater, though still long, for my trip to HQ.

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Well, I've completed my post-modern Superfriends project.

I took some GI Joes, bought an Adam West head, modified a few others, put a Wonder Woman Barbie outfit and head on another body... and VOILA!

Introductions.JPG

The_Superfriends.JPG

Trouble_Watch.JPG

Repped - are you writing fan fic to go with this?

:weep:

Josh is working an overnight tonight. I'm gonna be so lonely. And I'll have that bed all to myself for a whole 6 hours . . .

Wait. I'm starting to see some positives, here. So long as I don't scare myself, as I inevitably do when I'm home alone at night.

:weep:

Josh is working an overnight tonight. I'm gonna be so lonely. And I'll have that bed all to myself for a whole 6 hours . . .

Wait. I'm starting to see some positives, here. So long as I don't scare myself, as I inevitably do when I'm home alone at night.

Hey, you think you've got problems? I"m on freaking dial-up!

(just kidding - well not about dial-up, I am on it and it does suck)

Hey, you think you've got problems? I"m on freaking dial-up!

(just kidding - well not about dial-up, I am on it and it does suck)

Trade ya. I'll take your dial-up for tonight and give you the high-speed, and you can have my overactive imagination. How's that sound?

This night is great. Standard service update from midnight to six am. I tell people to call back all night long and I'm getting paid shift differential and overtime to do it.

That's all you're doing? "Hello? Yeah? Call us back during our normal hours, moron."

Guest kawaii gin neko

Well' date=' off to bed in my big, cold, lonely bed. :([/quote']

*pats*

see, this is why y'all should live here, cause when the squirrel was at work all night, we could snuggle, and then you wouldn't be cold. ^_^

and skaramine...ew...

>.<

Guest Skaramine

*pats*

see, this is why y'all should live here, cause when the squirrel was at work all night, we could snuggle, and then you wouldn't be cold. ^_^

and skaramine...ew...

>.<

I have to go mop up again... :(

Guest kawaii gin neko

I have to go mop up again... :(

ya know, i can fix that for ya...they make that chemical that they give to rapists and child molesters and junk. we could just inject you with some.

^_^ *is helpful*

*dons nurse outfit* now, hold still, and you'll get a sucker at the end. ^_~

Ok, here's the next part of the story...

I did my best to get back to the spaceport as quickly and discreetly as I could. The Oyabun of the Oni clan will be very displeased that I survived. Any other Oni that I encounter from now on won't kill me for money. They have lost honor and will get it back at my expense.

I made it to my ship and began the pre-launch procedures. Nice thing about the 'port authorities' here on Dellensaar is that they don't ask too many questions. And time being of the essence, the fewer questions the better.

I get clearance and proceed to launch my ship and reach orbit. I settle into an approach lane for the planet's Euphrates gate. Eventhough I have a Tigris drive on board, it was best for me to maintain the illusion that my ship is just small enough to be unable to carry one. Nice to have an alien power core that produces enough energy to power a Heavy Dreadnought.

I let gate traffic control connect to the dummy nav computer while the real one calculates the best spot in Hyperspace to break from the gate's route and head to my next destination. I feed them a bogus flight itenerary to make any one following me go to where I won't be.

I get permission to approach the gate. Letting them pilot the ship until I break the event horizon of the phased quantum singularity. The sign that you have pierced the veil between dimensions is a flash of silvery light. Then it's the roiling chaos that is Hyperspace.

The dummy nav computer shuts down once communications with the gate controllers is lost. I let the ship cruise along until my real nav computer signals that I need to change course and head to my actual destination. I gun the grav inductors to full and break off from the gate's lane.

I spend the next few hours going over everything that has happened to me these last several days. I was hired to sneak back onto Keshteel to 'procure' an item that the Sin Lords were having brought to them. I foolish accepted the job, thinking of the sizable amount of credits that my new employer deposited in my accounts and the information that the item was of major importance.

Getting planetside on Keshteel was the easiest part. It took quite a bit of credits and coersion to get the name and location of the courier I had to intercept. He did his best to pass off as a local and not a visitor. But I was able to meet up with him outside a brothel for sentients interested in 'interfacing' with the various Xerxes that ran the place.

I caught him off-guard and stunned him with my charge magnum. I was expecting a nice attache case or something similar. What I got was a holding cube containing an odd-looking gold coin. At least that's what I thought. And I was way off.

I made my way off Keshteel after sending Galladina Koruskovaya, the Sin Lady of Lust, a rather tawdry 'love letter'. That's probably the topping that made them send that Oni after me. Beyond the fact that I had the coin.

I then came to Dellensaar to hole up and make contact with an acquaintance who was good with pre-Storm history and could give me the goods on this coin. He was shocked, to say the least, when I displayed the coin to him. He told me that it wasn't a real coin like League ducats or Imperium scrip. That it was a tour token that belongs to the Celestial Dawn. A Galactic Union vessel that was lost just before the Storm hit. Something about its experimental drive malfunctioning.

The kicker was that the warship disappeared the first time it used the experimental drive that was to supposedly replace Tigris drives on all future Union naval ships. But before the Union could mount a search for the Celestial Dawn, the Storm hits and the Union dissolves into the galaxy we have today.

That left me with only one conclusion. The Celestial Dawn survived the rigors of the last five hundred years and someone found it. But it looks like someone got to them before they could claim salvage. And now I stumbled into the hunt for the greatest pre-Storm legend ever conceived.

The nav computer's beeping shook me out of my little revelrie as I neared the coordinates to exit into real space. I engage my Tigris drive to open up a singularity for me in exit Hyperspace from. After the flash of silver, I was jolted into the realization that I was in something way over my head.

I exited Hyperspace right into the middle of a pitched battle between the local navy and an Imperium Crusader Fleet.

ya know, i can fix that for ya...they make that chemical that they give to rapists and child molesters and junk. we could just inject you with some.

^_^ *is helpful*

*dons nurse outfit* now, hold still, and you'll get a sucker at the end. ^_~

Define "sucker" and "end", and he might comply.