Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Also, FWIW, I won't get much sleep tonight. The kittens got fixed today, and that has always made for sore, unhappy, snarly kitties, who growl and hiss all night at each other. Who knows, maybe I'll stay up all night and play Civilization downstairs.

We had a friend take care of them over the 4-day weekend (his GF already had decided to adopt two of the four) and he's decided to take the other two. He called my wife "insidious". :)

We had a friend take care of them over the 4-day weekend (his GF already had decided to adopt two of the four) and he's decided to take the other two. He called my wife "insidious". :)

Always good to find those connections. Though this year, I'm thinking is going to be a tough year. Our numbers at the sanctuary are over what we'd like them to be and we're finding adoption numbers are dropping.

Las Vegas seems to be heading toward a crunch. One of the rescue groups that we're friendly with is dealing with people tossing boxes of kittens over their fence.

Probably the strangest thing we saw on our 4th of July trip was a pair of white pelicans about 10 miles east of Washtucna' date=' flying over the Palouse River. The Palouse is a modest little thing (still swollen by the late thaw and heavy spring rains), and hardly pelican-class. The Snake or the Columbia I could believe, but the Columbia is about 60 miles away and the Snake about 25, both over semiarid prairie at best.[/quote']

Pelicans are surprisingly un-picky about their habitats. I've seen them in some of the most unexpected places.

Well, it can be nothing more complex than observing that a cat's teats are Real Close to where the incision has to be to perform the spay operation ... so if the kitten nurses it will HURT.

That'd make me snarly....

How do you mean?

I accrue 12.9 hours of paid time off every 4 weeks. So it would take about 62 weeks for me to accrue enough payed time off to take 5 weeks off with pay. Assuming that I didn't use any other time off during that period. :)

Though I'd still get our 13 holidays off with pay...

That's a lot of holidays. :)

Yup. Lets see:

New Year's Day

MLK Day

President's Day

Memorial Day

Independence Day

Labor Day

Veteran's Day

Thanksgiving

The day after Thanksgiving

Christmas

The day after Christmas

New Year's Eve

Plus one floating holiday I can use whenever I want. :) I find it interesting that exactly 1/2 of the set holidays are in November and December.

It's the darkness.

Or up here, it would be because of the darkness. You people only got murk, really.

Here's it is because it is important to give us time off during the busiest retail spending part of the year. Gotta have time to spend all that money that we don't have. :D

Ah. Credit. A marvellous invention' date=' eh? :)[/quote']

The phrase about "living in a gilded cage" comes to mind, except credit is more insidious. It's a gilded cage that the prisoner builds around himself, brick by brick.

Once I got out of my self-build credit card cage, I vowed never to go back for anything other than an emergency.