Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

And, barely apropos, Zimbabwe today introduced a 100-billion dollar bank note. I know, American billion or UK billion? Does it matter when the inflation rate in Zimbabwe is running at 2.2 million percent?

Yeah, they're getting close to needing logarithmic money, where in order to buy something that costs 1 billion (1,000,000,000) dollars, you pull out a 10, and you get your item and nine 9's in exchange.

How have they been able to sustain themselves with that kind of inflation? I'd have thought that at some point you just can't print money fast enough, because (IIUC) it's the act of printing the excess money that is driving the inflation higher.

Talk about moving goalposts. :nonp:

Well, they're in the middle stages of a complete social breakdown. With luck, Mugabe and his cronies will get fed to the hyenas, literally, but they'll probably end up living the life of the rich ex-despot in Europe somewhere in a month or three.

I blood red my Father's Cross in Yakima.

Yesterday.

Apologies ahead of time' date=' but I have no idea what that sentence is supposed to be saying. It is not parsing for me at all.[/quote']

I think Savinien had his Secret Decoder Ring set to the wrong setting when he was encoding that message.

I googled "Yakima" and the first link read as "Huge Yakima Rack Sale".

Being the dirty-minded person I am, bicycles were not the first thing I thought of.

Snicker. Around here, I think I see far more Yakima racks for skis and snowboards than bikes.

Savinien, for a while my dad ran the Red Cross blood center in Yakima. It was over 20 years ago, though.

Sorry to confuse anyone (wait! No I'm not!)

Anyways, Cancer's sentence seemed a bit sublime to me, so I one upped him with my own.

It wasn't supposed to mean anything. Simply read it aloud and ponder. Like poetry (though meaning CAN exist in poetry I wasn't trying to define poetry for anyone. I wouldn't do that).

There is indeed an art to concocting sentences lacking just enough logical (or grammatical) empennage so that they appear deep and mind-expanding, as opposed to obvious drivel. I can do it, but only in well-separated bursts. Of course, described in that way, it reads like I'm talking about creating haiku. Which, perhaps, is itself a profound indicator of the relationship between Buddha-nature and temporarily self-reflective dementia. Or not.

There is indeed an art to concocting sentences lacking just enough logical (or grammatical) empennage so that they appear deep and mind-expanding' date=' as opposed to obvious drivel.[/quote']It's called "Political Speechwriting".

I dunno. The knack of spuriously sounding deep and meaningful intersects advertising only a little. For instance, you cannot in any way, shape, or form say that the Swedish Bikini Team was profound or of cosmic significance. Ditto most tampon ads.