Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Around here chippers are mostly used on brush, rendering it into small bits suitable for composting, as well as something that can be efficiently carried in a tub from place to place. Trees are cut up and used in fireplaces, if nowhere else.

. . . We're one of the biggest exporters of wood and wood-derived products in the world. My hometown has two massive papermills, and hence smells pretty horribly to the unaccustomed. "Hä lukt pängar å arbetstillfällän" -- "Smells like money and work opportunities", as we say. :)

Yes. I am familiar with what a paper mill smells like. They have them all over Maine.

People generally make mulch out of chipped wood, as I understand it. It's an ugly landscaping material, and catches fire at the drop of a spark, but it's used all over the place.

Yes. I am familiar with what a paper mill smells like. They have them all over Maine.

People generally make mulch out of chipped wood, as I understand it. It's an ugly landscaping material, and catches fire at the drop of a spark, but it's used all over the place.

Mulch catches fire easily? I would have figured that for the dry wood chips, not for mulch.

Looks like it depends on which station and which interface. Some files have it labeled feet, others have it labeled meters. I don't like thinking about that latter when lots of the numbers are in the 6 to 7 range.

We only use non-arsenic mulch here. Why would they put arsenic in mulch anyway?

The arsenic is from treating the wood to prevent insects and such from destroying decks, etc... though it is being phased out.

However, the old decks tend to get recycled often as mulch...

My daughter put a white doll sweater on Siegfried, the senior, big fat black cat. He was angry about it (violent tail-thrashing) but is mellow enough that he didn't do much.

The funniest thing was when Hobbes (1 yr old tabby) came in the room, looked at Siegfried, and slowly fluffed his tail. Did not recognize him at first.

My daughter put a white doll sweater on Siegfried, the senior, big fat black cat. He was angry about it (violent tail-thrashing) but is mellow enough that he didn't do much.

The funniest thing was when Hobbes (1 yr old tabby) came in the room, looked at Siegfried, and slowly fluffed his tail. Did not recognize him at first.

We try out a lot of cats on harnesses at work. Every so often I try out Nazilla.

1606513602_9b9c79b109.jpg

Last time, we were trying a bunch of cats and found a few that like them, but when I walked into Nazilla's room, she took one look at the harness and hissed. Normally she comes over for pets.

Herc's the only one of the two we can get into a harness. (He's also mild-tempered enough that you can pick him up, flip him upside down, and bury your face in his belly fur. The worst reaction I've ever gotten is that he shakes himself off when I put him back down.)

Water, however, is a different story. Herc turns into a wild creature when he needs a flea bath. Risu bears it all quite patiently, but she trembles and makes big, pitiful eyes at us. Then she hisses at us every time he try to pick her up for the next month.