Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

That's good timing. I was born eight months to the day after my parents were married. The effect on my 13-year-old mind when I did that arithmetic exercise and worked out its implications was ... interesting.

Heh. Keri and I have both wanted kids for much longer than we have known each other. But we decided to hold off for at least a year to give us some time to get used to being married. And to do things like go to Ireland and visit relatives, etc. But at this point I'm 41 and Keri is 36. We couldn't realistically put it off much longer. Particularly if we want to have more than one. Which we aren't going to decide on until we have the one. :)

But we decided to hold off for at least a year to give us some time to get used to being married. And to do things like go to Ireland and visit relatives' date=' etc. But at this point I'm 41 and Keri is 36. We couldn't realistically put it off much longer. Particularly if we want to have more than one. Which we aren't going to decide on until we have the one. :)[/quote']

That's very close to our situation when we had started kids, actually, modulo a very early miscarriage on our first attempt.

I got a picture yesterday of Josh lying in bed' date=' reading, while the cat mirrors his posture almost exactly. Josh thought I was laughing at him when I took it.[/quote']

post it or it didn't happen ;):P

A bit blurry, but . . .

IMG_1210-large.JPG

Nice. and funny.

Heh. In a way. But no. The cat is the fuzzbutt. I call her that (and "fluffbutt") because she has more fur on her backside than over the rest of her body, combined. Watching her walk away reminds me of two tumbleweeds, blown by cross breezes.

A friend who'd been hearing all of my horror stories about this cat's misbehavior visited us last week. She remarked, after properly meeting the cat, that she finally understood why we put up with her brattiness. She's just SO cute.

Josh and I have had some problems with the cats using the rug when they're dissatisfied about the condition of the litterbox (or their food bowl), so we invested in a spray bottle of enzyme cleaner. It's the only thing I've seen, so far, that got rid of the stain on the carpet from when the cat puked on it right after we moved in. (We didn't discover the puke until almost a week later, when we moved that piece of furniture, finally.)