Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

We got a cat to foster for a while. She's not pregnant, not completely feral, but needs some serious socialization. Nevertheless, if you can pet her while she can't see you, then she'll purr and knead. So i think the plan is to see if we can get her to feel more secure & comfortable around humans. Not sure how long this will take. She's a handsome tortie, with a dense coat.

The boys (the three resident cats) are annoyed with us again, though.

Tortoise Shells do have that rep. I've also heard Black cats are more mellow. I'm not convinced completely, but unscientifically, I find the torti's have more tude. We call it tortitude. And our torti is pretty mellow, but she's the one cat our Lebanon thug does not mess with. Despite her 6 lb weight and his 15.

Well, this one definitely gives mixed messages. She spat at me some last night, but I did surprise her, coming into the room suddenly, flipping on the light, and getting close to her. Her immediate reaction to being petted is unease. But after a bit she purrs and kneads. We'll see.

Yeah, lunchmeat is always accepted, in my experience. Our cats seem to react more strongly to ham than all other alternatives. We've speculated it's the salt in the cure, but I forgot to test this idea with cured beef (corned beef) when we had that last month.

Our cats like bacon, ham, pork roast, pork chops ... they don't care for my pork stir-fry because I season it too heavily for them. Ditto the pork green chili. Which I have to make soon, now that I think about it; it's been several months.