Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Considering the mainstream meaning of "hanged", I think that is actually more appropriate for adverse computer conditions that require manual reset than "hung". But I recognize I am probably not in the mainstream on this one.

I need some help. I have a character who is French, and I want to type what he says in a way that conveys a French accent/mannerisms. I tried doing a google search, but all I got were texts on how to type (via an alt+### code) the various accented characters.

Suggestions?

... Dón't Americain keybòards côme whiz ze accënts' date=' already?[/quote']

Nope. Those would cost more, and only hippie subversive liberal America-haters would want to spend money on things REAL Americans don't need.

Okay' date=' how about a "French laugh"?[/quote']

"Hehe hoho," followed by zom-zing Frrench zoun-ding, or zom-zing.

And it is really interesting how typing out German accented words are close to the French accented words. I think the difference is in the reader's perception of the accent more than the words/spelling themselves.

I played a German hero in a HC campaign and typed "in German" the entire time. It got easier over time. Not sure if any of my fellow players appreciated the effort though.

Okay, how about a "French laugh"?

And I wasn't sure if "ze" sounded more French, or strangely, German.

And I don't think I can use the Alt characters in chat in CoH. I'll have to check. I do know they don't allow them for character names.

You can nail down your faux French by watching a bunch of 'Allo! 'Allo! episodes.