Every good four color supers games needs:

nexus

Re: Every good four color supers games needs:

An "Inescapable" Super Villian Prison that apparently has a revolving door in the front

A Government team of "Paroled" supervillians acting as Heroes.

Lots of "Super thugs" sometimes created via a process that can mass produce supers.

Technology such as AIs, cheap fusion power, teleportation and other wonders that NEVER EVER filters down to common usage. And no one complains.

A world constantly in dangers of annhililation from various sources and no one suffers from stress or pananoia disorders.

A world beater with "Doctor" in his name.

Having powers pretty much obligates you to put on a colorful costume and commits acts of heroism or high end vandalism.

A mutant/supers hating organization, giant hunter/killer robots optional

A mad/amoral genius that makes gimmick weapons (Ala The Toymaker)

A "greatest hero group in the world"

A "lone avenger of the night"

A Ancronym named organization of super villiany, ususally snake themed.

A sorcercer supreme

A source of ninja

Any others?

How about:

A team of Preteen[or kid] superheroes,trained by a veteran hero

A Team of outcast[preferably mutant] superheroes[or villians] on the run from the government

A race of Aliens who want to help the earth or conquer it.

An omnipotent being who has a weird fixation on Earth and it's inhabitants

A superhero from a dystopian future whos mission is to alter the past so that future will cease to exist [i know it's been done to death,so sue me]

A hidden Race of superhumans located in an out of the way spot[Hymalayas,Burmuda Triangle,]

A master Villian who plots the destruction of the Human Race.

Anyone want to Add?

Hmmm' date=' a single? Let me think - no, indeed not. I did just read that as a team or plural, though. I should have one eventually though as I keep meaning to include Alice, Queen of Hearts from SAS, almost literally the only character I liked from that book. I found their characters weaker than the stock HERO ones and I don't particularly care for those. As an aside, I really liked M&M's stock characters a lot.[/quote']

Have you seen Shield of Justice or Criminal Intent?? The villains in Criminal Intent are *much* better than the ones in the corebook. And SoJ scores points for having the coolest superteam ever.

Have you seen Shield of Justice or Criminal Intent?? The villains in Criminal Intent are *much* better than the ones in the corebook. And SoJ scores points for having the coolest superteam ever.

(on with the thread hijack)

I second the above sentiment, strongly. I liked a lot of the stuff in Freedom City, but Crooks got a fairly "meh" reaction from me. The SAS characters were ones I could sink my teeth into.

(back to on topic)

Something that popped up in DC, rather than marvel but-

Cosmic entities that are the extension of a rather thinly vieled Christian God (the Seventies Spectre is a good example).

Big huge cosmic entities with a basic weakness that allows the weaker earth heroes to win/achieve thier goal.

Alien/Extra planar gods that are about on par with the rest of the superhero characters in terms of power (lotsa Kirby type guys).

(on with the thread hijack)

I second the above sentiment, strongly. I liked a lot of the stuff in Freedom City, but Crooks got a fairly "meh" reaction from me. The SAS characters were ones I could sink my teeth into.

(back to on topic)

Something that popped up in DC, rather than marvel but-

Cosmic entities that are the extension of a rather thinly vieled Christian God (the Seventies Spectre is a good example).

Big huge cosmic entities with a basic weakness that allows the weaker earth heroes to win/achieve thier goal.

Alien/Extra planar gods that are about on par with the rest of the superhero characters in terms of power (lotsa Kirby type guys).

Gotta have one or two reformed baddies as heroes

Guest Worldmaker

The megalithic, amoral, corrupt corporate CEO who is untouchable by the heroes despite everyone knowing that he's as dirty as a pig in a mud pit. He of course seems to live in a penthouse level office in one of the tallest skyscrapers in Campaign City.

The equally megalitith, amoral, corrupt crimelord who hides behind the cover of being a corporate CEO who is untouchable by the heroes despite everyone knowing that he's as dirty as a pig in a mud pit. He of course seems to live in a penthouse level office in one of the tallest skyscrapers in Campaign City.

The megalithic, amoral, corrupt corporate CEO who is untouchable by the heroes despite everyone knowing that he's as dirty as a pig in a mud pit. He of course seems to live in a penthouse level office in one of the tallest skyscrapers in Campaign City.

The equally megalitith, amoral, corrupt crimelord who hides behind the cover of being a corporate CEO who is untouchable by the heroes despite everyone knowing that he's as dirty as a pig in a mud pit. He of course seems to live in a penthouse level office in one of the tallest skyscrapers in Campaign City.

CAMPAIGN CITY!! (

I like that!!

Can I use it??

Guest Worldmaker

CAMPAIGN CITY!! (

I like that!!

Can I use it??

Sure, go right ahead!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys. Is anyone playing the

"TerritoryUSA"? If you have not

been playing by now, then you are welcome. This game is just getting

started so there are not too many players for now. The first testers are

promised to be granted with the powerful bonuses. And you just need to

register to become a tester. So do not lose your time, better be registered

right now while free bonuses are available.

To be registered you just need to mail to profik@territoryusa.com asking

for a registration code. It will be sent to you automatically.

I'm looking forward to getting in touch with you. In the game my nickname

is sud.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Villains who say “You fool! Your energy blast only makes me more powerful!â€

Yeah.

If I had that kind of power, I'd try to convince everyone it was my one weakness. Move slower, bellow in pain, but continue menacing. Perhaps even say "No... my one weakness... how could you guess".

After all, no sense in not taking the free power. :)

(and if someone DOES find my one weakness, well... time to act the other way!)

:eg:

A League of Villany, made of the PC's Hunteds, who assemble for no good reason other than to "Destroy those do-gooders, once and for all!"

Villains of the opposite gender, who flirt with the hero, and could be heroes if th PC could only "tame" them...

Did anyone mention Doomsday Devices?

Monkeys....radioactive monkeys' date=' alien monkeys, cyborg monkeys, mystical monkeys...its all good. Especially the Giant monkeys...:)[/quote']

Everything goes better with monkeys. :)

Rogues Galleries of one hit wonder costumed villains.

Does that include Flying Butt Monkeys?

Actually I'm a little unclear on the meaning of 4 color. Does it mean Golden/Silver age? Or classic comic book? After all some of the stuff nexus originally mentioned (the source of ninjas for example) developed in the 70s or later.

As per the notes in the Champions genre book (p. 21 sidebar), "four-color" generally refers to more idealistic "Truth, Justice and the American Way" kinds of heroes, as opposed to grimmer and more pragmatic "dark" crimefighters. The four-color ideals are derived mostly from the Golden and Silver Ages, even though some characters who ascribe to them are later in origin; whereas dark heroes are for the most part a more modern phenomenon, aside from those with their roots in pulp heroes, such as the Batman. When such characters dominate comics stories does relate to particular eras, although there's plenty of overlap.

At least one adventure in outer space or on another planet. (Preferable that the heroes be taken there against their wills by kidnappers or accidentally get there by forces beyond their control.

A dude on the moon with a large cranium who is observing the antics of earthlings and taking notes, with gobs of power and technology and still does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but talk about other possibilities. (BTW, have you ever had your characters play a "What If..." adventure before?)

Incarnations of childhood story and classic literature characters who either copy the antics precisely, or are the real McCoy and are always claiming that "trash" that was written about them got everything wrong.

At least one villain who can never be beaten in a straight-up fight, but has some gimmic like making him say his name backwards to go away for a while.

Goof-ball villains who really need therapy or a really good slap upside the head by a parental figure who then tells them to "Get a job!"

Children with super-powers and childish villains for them to outwit and defeat.

Pets with super-powers and animalistic villains for them to outwit and defeat.

The hero who's had his parents killed and has been adopted by other relatives who were just as good if not better than the biological parents at raising said child, even though they've never had children of their own before the adoption. (That's a classic.)

The hero who's had his parents killed and has been adopted by a family servant who was just as good if not better than the biological parents at raising said child, even though the servant has never been married or had any children of his or her own. (That's another classic.)

The hero who's had his parents killed and has been adopted by a complete stranger who was just as good if not better than the biological parents at raising said child, because he or she taught them to dedicate their life to the pursuit of justice by learning to discipline the mind and body since just after toilet training. (Yet another classic.)

The hero who's a jet-setting playboy millionaire with gobs of money he or she inherited and never really has to work to maintain the empire while he or she is out galavanting around in brightly colored spandex.

The hero who's always broke, yet manages to keep working several part-time jobs while balancing college courses, a serious relationship, caring for an ailing relative and staying healthy all of the time while always managing to pay the rent, pay for expendable (and presumably expensive) superheroic necessities (web fluid, costume repairs, dojo practice time, etc.) all while fighting crime often enough to actually be publically recognized whenever he or she steps out onto the street in uniform.

Bombastic prose which takes a seasoned radio professional something like 30 seconds to say with some practice time being rattled off in between punches in a pitched hand-to-hand combat session.

Matt "Nuff-said" Frisbee

Matt "Nuff-said" Frisbee

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Matt Frisbee again.

I owe you rep for this one.

The hero that always seems to be a mess, he or she is unable to have a real life but he/she has a great life as a hero.

The hero team that is always fighting within itself in private, but in public seem happy with each other and friends.

A Hero that has no knowledge of being a hero, always falls asleep, black-out's.

The so called villian that is actually a hero, but no one will believe it, not even other heroes.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

A villain with powers that are absolutely identical to the hero, who is later revealed to be either the older or twin brother/sister (and never, ever the younger brother/sister) of the hero.

A villain who has as a source of power the exact element/substance/energy source/whatever that just so happens to be the hero's one vulnerability.