The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I am going to set a net trap for the Fed-Ex Man. He doesn't even bother bringing my packages to the door, he just drops them all off in the apartment office, puts a note on the door, rings the bell and runs away as fast as he can before we can possibly get to the door.

I am very pissed off.

I am going to set a net trap for the Fed-Ex Man. He doesn't even bother bringing my packages to the door, he just drops them all off in the apartment office, puts a note on the door, rings the bell and runs away as fast as he can before we can possibly get to the door.

I am very pissed off.

How bizarre. Since he's coming to the apartment to put the note on the door, there seems no good reason not to let you just sign for the package. Is there such a thing as a poison net trap?

I am very pissed off.

Call and file complaints with their local and regional offices. We had to put up with the same irresponsible crap til we sat on their necks about it. Make sure you keep track of the dates you received the packages, and let them know your location so they can determine the route. This is a lazy driver issue.

I am very pissed off.

At least he doesn't throw the package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uIH0VTg_o

:)

Conversely, at my old job wherein we sold many millions of dollars worth of high end server, storage, and networking gear, we used to go out of our way to keep the regular FedEx guy happy. Drinks from the break room, use of the facilities, pleasant conversation. Of course this was only possible because he wasn't throwing the boxes at us from a distance, or running away. But he did tend to hit us early in his route when he was dropping stuff off, and he'd wait for us when we were getting a last minute shipment out the door.

So as you know, I pretty much need to land a job by the end of the month if I want to keep the house. I've been in discussions with two companies over the past couple of months. Yesterday, one of them finally came through with an offer... that pays borderline what I need it to pay. If I take that job I guess I won't lose the house unless something major happens, but it'd still be austerity for the foreseeable future. They want me to start next week. The other company says they'll be able to make a decision by the end of next week. They might make me an offer, and they might pay more. But I don't think I can stall the first company that long.

Man, what the f_k am I gonna do now?

I've had a cranky time driving home from the Salon. I get to my back entrance and it's closed. Notice that this would happen today from the Management would have helped. I get to my driveway and it's partially blocked by a Gardener's lawnmower. I managed to get into the garage though. At least they didn't park their truck in front of my driveway as they did in the past. Also I have gained back about four or five pounds. No more cake for me. I have to nip the regain in the bud as I have had all my favorite clothes taken in.

Well, at least now I have pretty nails, toenails and eyebrows. I also made my EGO roll and stayed out of the cupcake Boutique. The sugar must go. I'm sad about that also.

So as you know, I pretty much need to land a job by the end of the month if I want to keep the house. I've been in discussions with two companies over the past couple of months. Yesterday, one of them finally came through with an offer... that pays borderline what I need it to pay. If I take that job I guess I won't lose the house unless something major happens, but it'd still be austerity for the foreseeable future. They want me to start next week. The other company says they'll be able to make a decision by the end of next week. They might make me an offer, and they might pay more. But I don't think I can stall the first company that long.

Man, what the f_k am I gonna do now?

Honestly? Take the first job and if the second comes through, tell the first company what you've been offered and if they don't match, go to the second job. That's essentially what they do when looking for employees.

The sugar must go. I'm sad about that also.

Sugar is a toxin.

I've found that thinking about refined sugar (and HFCS) this way helps with the EGO rolls when they come up. And it's not even that far off, to be perfectly honest. I'm long past the age when my metabolism can handle that kind of stuff, and everyone around me seems to be coming down with diabetes.

Honestly? Take the first job and if the second comes through' date=' tell the first company what you've been offered and if they don't match, go to the second job. That's essentially what they do when looking for employees.[/quote']

In other words, I need to defeat my "Nice Guy/Doormat" psych lim? It doesn't help that I have friends working at both places. Still... the austerity from the last job was literally killing me. I must ponder your words.

Honestly? Take the first job and if the second comes through' date=' tell the first company what you've been offered and if they don't match, go to the second job. That's essentially what they do when looking for employees.[/quote']

Listen to this man. You're hunting for the best job for you. Just like every company views the first 90 days as an evaluation, so must you.

My grandmother is in the hospital because some tests came up badly or some such. I do not know the details' date=' though my mom will be calling me later with them. She's 96 years old, so even the little things can be VERY bad.[/quote']

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for her.

Thanks. It may not be so bad , like I said, I don't know the details. I'll let folks know when I find out.

I've been mostly worried about her mental state. It wasn't bad the last time I saw her (around Memorial day), but she's not as together as she used to be. If this complicates or worsens that..

but probably not best to dwell on it until I know more

Thanks. It may not be so bad , like I said, I don't know the details. I'll let folks know when I find out.

I've been mostly worried about her mental state. It wasn't bad the last time I saw her (around Memorial day), but she's not as together as she used to be. If this complicates or worsens that..

but probably not best to dwell on it until I know more

Probably true. I know where you're coming from, though; if my grandmother had been mentally alert enough by the time she died (at 108, two years ago) to know what was happening to her, she would have been very upset about it. Watching the mental abilities fade is, IMO, probably the worst thing about seeing a loved one go through extreme old age.