The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

*Seriously. Is there "noninvasive cancer"?

I think the term "invasive" should have been "metastasized" -- gone systemic, no longer localized. Early on in a cancer's career, it will respect other tissues. When it acquires new abilities to modify its surroundings and/or become mobile, it invades. If it invades through vessels (like blood or lymph), it can metastasize.

My dad's small business was defrauded of somewhere between $4500 and $6550. He is really down, because in hindsight it looks obvious, and realistically that is several months profit.

Anyone have a contact number for the Punisher? There are times I wish there was a real one.

My whining aside... folks have been very gracious. The visitation did not require a suit so I wore a nice set up but no #$#$ing tie or suit. The pallbearing had wheels for much of it so it went fairly smoothly though I did step on my brother's shoe once I think (Coordination is not my strong point either). of course, this being the south, we were 'invited' (Not really something we could reject) to my Uncle's church where we ate too much (It's a southern thing, someone passes, the women go nuts cooking as if Famine were among us). I now have to help my father with some yard work tonight (He's in his 60s) so it isn't exactly rest time, but it's better than some things I've done this week. I know my grandmother is in a better place, that she's gone, but the shell that was behind now being in a resting place does make it easier to dwell on that. I still don't like funerals, I still hate suits, but I'm going home tomorrow thanks to a friend and I think that's when I'll finally feel able to mend and accept at my own pace.

My whining aside... folks have been very gracious. The visitation did not require a suit so I wore a nice set up but no #$#$ing tie or suit. The pallbearing had wheels for much of it so it went fairly smoothly though I did step on my brother's shoe once I think (Coordination is not my strong point either). of course' date=' this being the south, we were 'invited' (Not really something we could reject) to my Uncle's church where we ate too much (It's a southern thing, someone passes, the women go nuts cooking as if Famine were among us). I now have to help my father with some yard work tonight (He's in his 60s) so it isn't exactly rest time, but it's better than some things I've done this week. I know my grandmother is in a better place, that she's gone, but the shell that was behind now being in a resting place does make it easier to dwell on that. I still don't like funerals, I still hate suits, but I'm going home tomorrow thanks to a friend and I think that's when I'll finally feel able to mend and accept at my own pace.[/quote']

Good luck and I hope you all find peace and solace.

My Masseuse said she had been suffering from a stomach bug for a few days yesterday. Today my stomach hurts.

"Stomach bugs" are most often mild cases of food poisoning. Not likely to be related. Still, hope you both get to feeling better. :)

Thanks. I had a British Tea Snack and feel better now. I think I want just chicken Ramen for dinner though.

Heh, funny that. For whatever reason, usually when I'm dealing with an upset stomach, the taste or smell... even the idea of chicken turns it. I have no idea why. Might be a deep-seated memory from childhood or something. Doesn't happen every time, but it happens a lot. Nothing else is that consistent, in that regard. Outside of that circumstance, I love chicken.

Most folks just assume I'm weird. :P

It's 4am and I'm posting. Guess what?

I took Pepto-Bismol before bed last night, and had no problems, so I thought perhaps I was onto something and tried it again tonight. All it got me was a pink mess in the toilet (which, of course, freaked me RIGHT the f**k out because I thought it was blood at first).

I can't log into Kickstarter.

A few days ago, I started getting thrown off the web page with an IE error saying there were problems with the site. I deleted the cookies and went back in and found I could get around fine, even when the cookies got put back on my system. But when I try to log in, I get kicked out again. I've sent Kickstarter a message, and they responded with the generic account FAQ info, which I understand. I responded back saying none of that was the problem.

I thought it might just be my rapidly deteriorating computer, but I just tried to sign on using my local library's computer (said library being where I am now), and the same thing happened. I'm thinking either my account's been corrupted somehow, or something in Kickstarter's recent changes - they've changed the look - is reacting badly to IE. Either way, it's annoying, as I have at least one rewards survey I can't fill out at the moment.

Boy, that was long. Anyway, I should bail soon as I have to go replace the shaving razor I destroyed yesterday.

Big conference on Thursday at which we are supposed to demonstrate a fairly complex demo. I was supposed to have last week and this week to set it up. Instead someone decided that another dog and pony show last week had to take precedence and could not be rescheduled, so I lost last week. And I have to spend Wednesday traveling. So now I have two days left. Naturally, the people who cost me last week are, this week, freaking out.