The cranky thread

Hermit

Guest Skaramine

Re: The cranky thread

Klytus' date=' I don't think you're to blame. We've got a couple others for that. :straight:[/quote']

old yeller medicine.

it'll never happen again then.

I'm sick and tired of people biting off each other's heads at work. I'm sick of how pissy everyone else is, and I'm sick of the catfights breaking out behind me.

And if Wendy cracks her knuckles again during a quiet moment, I may snap.

I understand they're frustrated about not being paid enough, and how salary negotiations are turning out. But if they're that angry about it, they can either find another job and SHOW Diamond Brand how much they'd be missed, or they can shut up about it 'til something IS done. And they can try to keep up the professionalism between one another.

I've developed a very nasty eye twitch over the word, "Candy," too. Wendy mutters it under her breath when she's in a really bad mood. She self-medicates stress with sugar.

I think she'd be better off cutting down on the caffeine.

Guest Skaramine

I used to self medicate by eating an entire box of Little Debbies. I'd alternate between Nutter Butters, Oatmeal Pies, and Swiss Rolls, though I'd occasionally buy single Zebra cakes.

I had a bad day, too much meetings, too little work, then went to the comedy club, though that was very funny, but I got less than 3 hours sleep last night, so was/am exhausted, but had to work tonight when I got home on, well, work stuff, but it went okay. So now relaxing and creating run-on sentences.

Oh, and unfortunately I'm a knuckle-cracker, sorry owl, 'cause I do what Wendy does too often. :(

I used to self medicate by eating an entire box of Little Debbies. I'd alternate between Nutter Butters' date=' Oatmeal Pies, and Swiss Rolls, though I'd occasionally buy single Zebra cakes.[/quote']

Stop it, I have to cut out the sweets again,I'm putting weight back on.

(Seriously, though, don't stop it, I live vicariously...have some Reece's. Do you have Big Ed's? There's a Big Ed's chocoliate-covered cookie-dough ice cream bar that's GREAT!)

Guest Skaramine

Stop it, I have to cut out the sweets again,I'm putting weight back on.

(Seriously, though, don't stop it, I live vicariously...have some Reece's. Do you have Big Ed's? There's a Big Ed's chocoliate-covered cookie-dough ice cream bar that's GREAT!)

I stopped long ago.

But when we go to the grocery store, I look at instant diabetic shock for a dollar, and my heart breaks.

Oh... chocolate, peanut butter and wafer cookies.

So perfect.

So sublime.

Damn, I'm all hungry.

Mark, Ben, got any of that Mustard topped Haggis Cheesecake and a dark nut ale?

I stopped long ago.

But when we go to the grocery store, I look at instant diabetic shock for a dollar, and my heart breaks.

Oh... chocolate, peanut butter and wafer cookies.

So perfect.

So sublime.

Damn, I'm all hungry.

Mark, Ben, got any of that Mustard topped Haggis Cheesecake and a dark nut ale?

I was a bit mystified, I just thought there was some way you could eat that stuff. Sorry.

Guest Skaramine

I was a bit mystified' date=' I just thought there was some way you could eat that stuff. Sorry.[/quote']

Not like I used to.

I can do one package.

But if I have my holy trinity, Nutty Bars, Oatmeal Pies and Swiss Cakes... oooooohhhh sadness. I go back into the 200's.

But, my average is a mere 112 in the morning now. :D:thumbup:

I can afford a convention, and a tub of ice cream and booze.

Except, I need a job first. :weep:

I had a bad day, too much meetings, too little work, then went to the comedy club, though that was very funny, but I got less than 3 hours sleep last night, so was/am exhausted, but had to work tonight when I got home on, well, work stuff, but it went okay. So now relaxing and creating run-on sentences.

Oh, and unfortunately I'm a knuckle-cracker, sorry owl, 'cause I do what Wendy does too often. :(

That's okay. So long as I can't HEAR it.

Rrrgh.

Good news is, apparently our boss talked to his boss today, and there should be a decision by Monday.

Which, according to Heidi, means they might start thinking about it Thursday.

Every time I'm stopped at a light and see someone toss a cigarette out their window' date=' I want to get out of the truck, go over and pick up the cigarette, and toss it back in the car. "Here, you dropped this. No, no need to thank me."[/quote']

I've been out of my house for over a year because of a careless smoker . . . you have no idea how hard it is to restrain myslef some days. In my younger days, I'd have been locked up by now.

A fresh dose of cranky:

Two nights ago, I noticed my PC's performance was degrading pretty badly. Not surprising, all in all; it's a five year old HP struggling by with Win2K on a PII processor and 128 megs of RAM. It's not at all unusual for me to need to reboot it every other day to clear out the cobwebs.

So, yesterday morning, I restarted the old girl. When she came up, it was clear something was still wrong. My desktop looked OK, but all of my menu icons were just placeholders. And nothing I clicked on would actually run.

"OK," says I, "'Tis a cold boot you're needin'."

I shut it down and restart. And immediately, before Windows can come up, I get an error saying one of the major system files is either missing or corrupted. Joy. It suggests I try to repair it using the install CD.

I rummage around for a while. Then I call The Missus (who's already at work). She tells me exactly where it is. I take one crack at it, and get to the point where it asks for an Emergency Disk. Now, I'm sure I had one when I first upgraded my OS from Win98, but who knows where it is now. Lovely.

At work, I use my Google-fu to see what I can do. I get a couple of suggested fixes and find out how to make an Emergency Disk.

I come home and try the fixes. Nothing doing. Too much damage or something. Regardless, it doesn't work.

My only remaining option: re-install Windows 2000.

On the bright side, it took. I didn't lose any files. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to re-name My Documents so it wouldn't be overwritten. Last night, I thought it had taken out my internet connection as well, but I got that to work this evening.

On the down side, it wiped out ALL of my settings and drivers. My CD R/W has given up the ghost. Roxio is still there, but it can't find the drivers to do the job. Hopefully, I can find the install disk. All existing file associations beyond the basic Windows suite are gone. I tried to open a PDF and had to tell it how. Then I got six error popups asking for missing Javascript before the file would open. Even my MS Office associations are gone.

Of course, the best part is that I'm slated to replace this sucker in the next couple of months. I just hope I can get the CD R/W to work again so I can archive my stuff.

That's okay. So long as I can't HEAR it.

Rrrgh.

Good news is, apparently our boss talked to his boss today, and there should be a decision by Monday.

Which, according to Heidi, means they might start thinking about it Thursday.

Well, good luck.

Not to excuse it, but the feeling one has before flexing (which means cracking) a knuckle is one of cramped stiffness, of a yearning to release, as if somehow your joints could vomit.

Four more days until I get the CAT scan results. I've never been worried about it before so why am I this time? Its only been 16 months since the chemo ended. It can't be back already. This sucks. Where's my Wellbutrin?

You're in our thoughts, GA. :) A positive outlook might be difficult right now, but I firmly believe that it helps. :)

Good luck. Wellbutrin is pretty amazing stuff. certainly helps anxiety.

I'll say a prayer.

Four more days until I get the CAT scan results. I've never been worried about it before so why am I this time? Its only been 16 months since the chemo ended. It can't be back already. This sucks. Where's my Wellbutrin?

FWIW, I'm with Kara. Best of best of luck GA, pulling for you.

Guest Skaramine

Well, good luck.

Not to excuse it, but the feeling one has before flexing (which means cracking) a knuckle is one of cramped stiffness, of a yearning to release, as if somehow your joints could vomit.

I have the same problem, but it's my neck, not my fingers.

When I used to work, I'd be able to pop my neck to the sound of a suppressed submachinegun going off at the base of my skull about every 15-30 minutes.

Now, I do it like, twice a week.

Guest Skaramine

You've got my prayers and hopes.

Hope things go your way GA, and that you are worring about nothing.

I say a prayer for you Ghost Archer.

Well, here's an update of what has been going on at work:

We finally got a new director, an assistant director, and another director of education. The office is being refurbished with new offices and furniture, as and is being painted new colors. I don't mind the ivory too much, but the puce! :sick:

Of course, nobody had the common sense to cancel class while all this painting going on, so everyone had to put up with the smell for the last two days.

Okay, new paint, new offices, new furniture. And not a single pay raise for us grunts! :tonguewav

Guest Skaramine

The other day I look at myself in the mirror and notice I've gained some weight. So I vow to take steps to correct that. So what do I do tonight? Eat six slics of pizza! :rolleyes::stupid:

:o

That's starvation dieting for me.

:o

That stuff has sure been saving my sanity for the past 2 years. Good luck.