The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I went into Quiznos today to pick up some dinner, and the chick infront of me decided to order three different small sandwiches, each with "special needs", then had to pay for each of them seperatly. Grrrrr... Get in and go lady! It's a sandwich for christs sake, not a potential mate. It's not that difficult.

I just spent the huge majority of my evening writing a very detailed report as to why a man who's been with the company for fifteen years needs to be fired. Complicating matters: He's a known misogynist AND hater of gays. Needless to say, he and I have butted heads on numerous occasions.

So, I have to make sure that no hint of personal prejudice enters into the report. At all. Numerous edits were needed, as I would get upset and let my feelings influence what I was typing.

Kara was a huge help with that. Thanks, love. :)

I'm afraid I may have arthritis in both of my shoulders. A couple times recently' date=' apparently during weather shifts, though Not certain about all of them, I have found both shoulder joints ACHING.[/quote']

Arthritis that gets bad right before a storm may be caused by an allergy. See a doctor and have him check for allergenic rhinitis as well.

TNE

I did wonder if it could be related to Alergies. I have been fighting them constantly.

I wasn't aware they could have that effect, thanks.

Now the fact that I have asked my doctor 3 times over the last couple years for an Allergy Screening...

Molds for certain. some pollens. possibly milk.

Arthritis that gets bad right before a storm may be caused by an allergy. See a doctor and have him check for allergenic rhinitis as well.

TNE

I did wonder if it could be related to Alergies. I have been fighting them constantly.

...Molds for certain.

Bingo!

Weather change is preceded by change in barometric pressure; signals the mold spores to break open and get ready to grow in wet environement; you breathe mold spores; sinuses inflame and immune system kicks in; immune system overcompensates and attacks joints as well. All during a change in the weather.

And I believe it's a suitable topic for a cranky thread.

TNE

This may be a TMI situation, but...

My wife called me and asked if I remember when her last menstrual cycle started... :rolleyes:

Great, I want kids, but... NOT UNTIL WE ARE OUT OF THE PLACE WE LIVE!!!!

there is a REASON i have constant allergy problems, and they aren't the WORST of the building's problems. :(:(:(

good thing my anxieties are mostly under control. :)

I just spent the huge majority of my evening writing a very detailed report as to why a man who's been with the company for fifteen years needs to be fired. Complicating matters: He's a known misogynist AND hater of gays. Needless to say, he and I have butted heads on numerous occasions.

So, I have to make sure that no hint of personal prejudice enters into the report. At all. Numerous edits were needed, as I would get upset and let my feelings influence what I was typing.

Kara was a huge help with that. Thanks, love. :)

Sorry, been in somewhat similar situations, though not quite.

Anyway, if I may intrude...your case will stand up better in general if he's been through some sort of formal warning and "opportunity to improve" process. If he hasn't been, that should generally happen first. We require those at work (except of course for extreme situations) and while it is a ROYAL pain in the butt, it not only protects you and the company, but it even can be a key event in turning an employee around.

I wasn't aware they could have that effect, thanks.

Now the fact that I have asked my doctor 3 times over the last couple years for an Allergy Screening...

Molds for certain. some pollens. possibly milk.

Sounds like time for a new doctor.

I hope you find some resolution to your shoulder issues.

This may be a TMI situation, but...

My wife called me and asked if I remember when her last menstrual cycle started... :rolleyes:

Great, I want kids, but... NOT UNTIL WE ARE OUT OF THE PLACE WE LIVE!!!!

there is a REASON i have constant allergy problems, and they aren't the WORST of the building's problems. :(:(:(

good thing my anxieties are mostly under control. :)

I don't know what to say except whatever happens, good luck.

Kids have been born into worse economic/social situations and through great parentage done quite well. (Which, btw, is not whatsoever an attempt to steer you away from termination if that is the decision - that is also entirely your decision and just as viable for you if that's what you desire/need to do as, if you are disposed towards such, by the same token I support anyone who decides they simply should not bring a life up/into the world).

I was just thinking about this...Klytus, maybe you should just go to either your doctor's office or the emergency room and make a big stink (as in pointing out just how much pain you are in) and force treatment immediately.

Your ongoing headache sounds really unhealthy and I'm thinking maybe you should just force (i.e., politely but very firmly refuse to leave, and don't worry if you get agitated and let some anger go, since you are in great pain) them lest something go any longer at this point.

Just my 2 cents, and sorry if I'm making you paranoid, but don't let them mess with your health - this is the 21st century in the USA, they can treat you if you make it an emergency.

I was just thinking about this...Klytus, maybe you should just go to either your doctor's office or the emergency room and make a big stink (as in pointing out just how much pain you are in) and force treatment immediately.

Your ongoing headache sounds really unhealthy and I'm thinking maybe you should just force (i.e., politely but very firmly refuse to leave, and don't worry if you get agitated and let some anger go, since you are in great pain) them lest something go any longer at this point.

Just my 2 cents, and sorry if I'm making you paranoid, but don't let them mess with your health - this is the 21st century in the USA, they can treat you if you make it an emergency.

They can also price gauge and charge me up the wazoo if I make it an emergency. I face either an emergency of health, or an emergency of finances. 'Tis the Devil's Choice.

Anyway' date=' if I may intrude...your case will stand up better in general if he's been through some sort of formal warning and "opportunity to improve" process. If he hasn't been, that should generally happen first. We require those at work (except of course for extreme situations) and while it is a ROYAL pain in the butt, it not only protects you and the company, but it even can be a key event in turning an employee around.[/quote']Though I haven't had any experience outside of my current job, I had thought that this was standard business procedure. Not the case?

We'll manage, but we might have to find a temporary boarding for the horse, put up with just a house for a while.

Termination isn't an option for us. I don't try to stop others, but...

I don't know what to say except whatever happens, good luck.

Kids have been born into worse economic/social situations and through great parentage done quite well. (Which, btw, is not whatsoever an attempt to steer you away from termination if that is the decision - that is also entirely your decision and just as viable for you if that's what you desire/need to do as, if you are disposed towards such, by the same token I support anyone who decides they simply should not bring a life up/into the world).

They can also price gauge and charge me up the wazoo if I make it an emergency. I face either an emergency of health' date=' or an emergency of finances. 'Tis the Devil's Choice.[/quote']

Can you go into the doctor's office though and just refuse to leave? I dunno. We pretty much had to do that once, it worked. So long as you're not being unduly alarmist, your credibility is intact.

Anyway, just thinking of options. Good luck.

Though I haven't had any experience outside of my current job' date=' I had thought that this was standard business procedure. Not the case?[/quote']

I think it's more or less standard, but I know many places don't go through this process. I often hear of people who are surprised when they're fired, and, whether they should be or not based on their own behavior, the reason is usually because they received no specific prior warning and corrective action program.

And often doing so does really help the person - when they are let go, they are (even if upset) not so surprised.

Sorry, been in somewhat similar situations, though not quite.

Anyway, if I may intrude...your case will stand up better in general if he's been through some sort of formal warning and "opportunity to improve" process. If he hasn't been, that should generally happen first. We require those at work (except of course for extreme situations) and while it is a ROYAL pain in the butt, it not only protects you and the company, but it even can be a key event in turning an employee around.

That's all been done and documented in my report.

Today is the perfect weather for Ren Faire, and I was planning on going... but it just isn't in the cards. I was just so damn tired this morning, I *need* a day to just stay home and not doo much. White Heat wanted to go to Ren Faire, too... only she somehow hurt her knee when sleeping last night.

Damn, I seem to be very cranky here lately...