The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Someone who shall remain unnamed (his initials are Nightfly) trying to turn a tribute to a brave soul into a political platform.

It's a good thing he's not in my area.

I noticed. ::sighs::

THIS is the kind of crap that negative rep was made for.

In that case' date=' may I recommend the 12-gauge pump action riot shotgun?[/quote']

No thanks, swords are much more fun than guns.

I've been having sleeping problems all week. My body itches again (nobody still has a clue what's causing it), and my foot still aches!

I HATE having to ask total strangers to be polite more than once.

In this case, it was kids throwing a football around near my car. It wasn't until one of them missed and it hit my car, and I asked them a SECOND time not to play near my car that they vacated.

But not without a disparaging remark.

Hate kids that age. Really, really do. I wonder if I ever have them, if I can lock them up for about 5 years when they turn 12.

Or send them off to boarding school, maybe.

I HATE having to ask total strangers to be polite more than once.

In this case, it was kids throwing a football around near my car. It wasn't until one of them missed and it hit my car, and I asked them a SECOND time not to play near my car that they vacated.

But not without a disparaging remark.

Hate kids that age. Really, really do. I wonder if I ever have them, if I can lock them up for about 5 years when they turn 12.

Or send them off to boarding school, maybe.

I understand how you feel. I have to deal with unruly kids a lot. That being said, they're kids. I hate it when adults are inconsiderate and/or impolite.

I woke up feeling reasonably OK today. But as the day has gone on, the pain in both my head and my back are getting worse. Never mind that I've been running to the crapper all morning. I'll likely end up taking one of my pain pills and calling it a day early.

Blech.

I woke up feeling reasonably OK today. But as the day has gone on, the pain in both my head and my back are getting worse. Never mind that I've been running to the crapper all morning. I'll likely end up taking one of my pain pills and calling it a day early.

Blech.

I hear you on all those counts.

I especially hate taking the pain (or sleeping) meds they screw you over long before and after they do their job.

Guest Worldmaker

I am deathly allergic to beets.

So today, the head chef says "We've got a special client coming in today, and he's requested borscht. Don't worry, Jack, you're not going to be near it."

As if someone grating, pureeing, and boiling that crap on the other side of the kitchen doesn't put enough junk in the air to make me feel like I'm being maced all damned day.

I spent all day yesterday running errands with the wife.

"My head hurts. Don't park there, park there. I'm a much better driver than you. I have a headache. My foot hurts. Take out the trash. Make sure you tie the bag tightly. Make sure you tie the bag tightly. Did you tie the bag tight? (Opens the can to look anyway.) Why do you drink so much soda? My foot hurts. I'm too fat. My hand hurts. My shoulder hurts. I have a headache. My ear hurts. What if I need glasses? What if I get cancer? My head hurts. None of my clothes fit me anymore. We need to exercise more. We need to organize all our finances. We need to get living wills. You should get this new credit card. You don't eat enough fruit. We don't exercise enough. I'm too fat. My head hurts. Help me hang the laundry. I'm too tired to exercise. None of my clothes fit anymore. I have a headache. Let's go to the Hello Kitty store. Let's go to the other Hello Kitty store. Let's go to the Hallmark store. We never have time to exercise. I'm too fat. My head hurts..."

*sigh*

"My head hurts. Don't park there, park there. I'm a much better driver than you. I have a headache. My foot hurts. Take out the trash. Make sure you tie the bag tightly. Make sure you tie the bag tightly. Did you tie the bag tight? (Opens the can to look anyway.) Why do you drink so much soda? My foot hurts. I'm too fat. My hand hurts. My shoulder hurts. I have a headache. My ear hurts. What if I need glasses? What if I get cancer? My head hurts. None of my clothes fit me anymore. We need to exercise more. We need to organize all our finances. We need to get living wills. You should get this new credit card. You don't eat enough fruit. We don't exercise enough. I'm too fat. My head hurts. Help me hang the laundry. I'm too tired to exercise. None of my clothes fit anymore. I have a headache. Let's go to the Hello Kitty store. Let's go to the other Hello Kitty store. Let's go to the Hallmark store. We never have time to exercise. I'm too fat. My head hurts..."

*sigh*

Now my head hurts!

*sigh*

I left mine, for many reasons, this among them. I don't recommend following my course of action. But, I'm so damn happy I feel pretty guilty about it.

So Damn Happy - Louden Wainwright III

The sad thing is I'm so damn happy

Who'd blame her if she were to slap me

The sun should not shine when there's rain

I should be in a lot more pain

At least I should feel slightly crappy

But the sad thing is I'm so damn happy

And the worst thing is it's so much better

That admission would upset her

But it's true and it's beyond belief

What I feel is sheer relief

I may regret the day I met her