The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Probably the only thing worse than putting up a christmas tree is taking down a christmas tree.

At least you have an actual tree. When I was young, I was in the tropics, where evergreens don't grow. So we had fake trees. The strangest one we had was a frame of a tree made of rattan. It was practically two-dimensional!

I'm not kidding here. My family really did this one Christmas.

At least you have an actual tree. When I was young, I was in the tropics, where evergreens don't grow. So we had fake trees. The strangest one we had was a frame of a tree made of rattan. It was practically two-dimensional!

One of my friends got a silver alumimum tree with a lighted color wheel behind it. It's pretty nifty.

I've seen that beaten; when I was a kid (30+ years ago) some local families I knew thought it would be "Arizona-ish" to spray big, dried tumbleweeds with green paint and decorate them.

"Pathetic" is not enough to describe it...

John T

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP CREATING 6-8 NEW THREADS A DAY ON NEWS STORIES THAT ARE NOT INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There. Better now.

Different views eh? I like about half of them, though I liked Kirby's idea of one thread a bit better.

Yes... and then we'd have to come up with something else to keep THEM entertained... :straight:

John T

Our five cats seem to be pretty good at self entertainment. Though three of them like the sitting in front of my wife's monitor as entertainment. Her question to me "Why don't they do it to you?" answer: "I don't let them"

Congrats Ben' date=' good luck![/quote']

Thanks!

I do this every year... Sober January has become a tradition for me. It's a chance to completely detox my body from the usual abuse I put it through in the last 3 months of the year. That's when I pick up smoking again, and do most of my drinking and other such partying.

Fortunately, the mental addiction to cigarettes was defeated 2 years ago... I never feel like I NEED to have a smoke. This time it's just the actual physical addiction and related withdrawal symptoms that are driving me nuts.

Odds are I won't pick up smoking again this year, since baby plans demand a healthy mother and father for safe conception... and those plans may go into full motion by the end of the year... maybe...

I don't like having to go into 6 different threads to read part of a story that I may or may not be interested in.

Aren't you the guy who caused all the trouble re WWYCD? :D

Though, shhh, those have died down.

I know what you mean, being a completist in terms of wanting to at least see what every thread's about, sometimes seeing tons that are all in the same subject matter that I'm just not interested in can be annoying. But what are you gonna do?

Thanks!

Odds are I won't pick up smoking again this year, since baby plans demand a healthy mother and father for safe conception... and those plans may go into full motion by the end of the year... maybe...

Good luck!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

PS - what should I give up for this year? Don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't really drink all that much... gave up salt already (for the most part)... knowing John, he'll want me to give up soda *sniffle*

Guest Skaramine

Give up caffinated soda. That way you can still have mots types of soda.

I gave up caffinated soda once.

It was the worst month and a half of my life.