The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

The tsunami.

The mudslide.

The apartment fire in DC.

The machete attack no more than 2 blocks away from me.

And the helicopter crash off the Woodrow Wilson bridge (I know the mother of the girl who died in the crash- she's a very good friend of my mother-in-law and was at our wedding).

I swear. Can we have JUST ONE DAY where death, doom and destruction don't get top billing?

I don't know which is worse. News like this or all media blitz up to the minute updates on the state of Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt's marriage....

and people wonder why I quit watching the news....

Yup, that's the real solution here. Good stuff does happen... but the news likes to talk about it very seldom. A lot of people get off on death & mayhem, apparently. No one I've ever met... but somebody apparently... 'cause they're just given the peeples what theys wants...

I hate insurance companies. ALL of them. At the end of the day, they're just about taking $$$ from people and doing nothing in return.

Yep, I may be glad I have insurance some time in the future when calamity strikes... but I'll still despise their companies from whom I've had consistantly, bar none the absolute worst customer service of any industry I've dealt with...

I hate insurance companies. ALL of them. At the end of the day, they're just about taking $$$ from people and doing nothing in return.

Yep, I may be glad I have insurance some time in the future when calamity strikes... but I'll still despise their companies from whom I've had consistantly, bar none the absolute worst customer service of any industry I've dealt with...

That scene at the beginning of The Incredibles wasn't very far fetched. My first workers comp claim was rejected because I had worked less than 40 hours that week... never mind the fact that I had worked 38 hours in TWO DAYS! The SOP for insurance companies is to deny every claim that hits their desk. For the 1 in 4 people who call and question it, they can say mistakes were made and put the claim through. But for the other 3 in 4 who don't call, its made money.

I work at the one at Dulles Town Center. I think we did meet at the Game Parlor gathering but I couldn't stay for very long becuase I had to work that day.

Ahhhh, yes, I seem to remember now. :) I didn't realize Dulles TC had one out there. Then again, I've only been twice... :)

Guest Skaramine

I think my mood has been rotten all day long because I was subjected to the horror that was Galactica 1980.

It would make the Pope pull out a strap-on mounted on a jackhammer and stuff it in the buttcrack of Nelson Mandela.

Galactica 1980.

It makes a man mean and bitter.

:mad:

Some of my best friends are strap-ons mounted on a jackhammer...

I think my mood has been rotten all day long because I was subjected to the horror that was Galactica 1980.

It would make the Pope pull out a strap-on mounted on a jackhammer and stuff it in the buttcrack of Nelson Mandela.

Galactica 1980.

It makes a man mean and bitter.

:mad:

You say strap-on mounted on a jackhammer and stuffed into the buttcrack of Nelson Mandela like it's a bad thing.

So I burned myself a couple days ago being clumsy with the oven. That wasn't too bad. Today as I'm toweling myself off I went right over the burn area and peeled the skin off. owie! A hour later' date=' it's still sending signals. :straight:[/quote']

Ouch! I remember the time I burned my finger on a hot soldering iron in high school. We were putting them away, and I accidentally touched a hot iron. The skin peeled, all right. I still have a scar on my finger.

Guest Skaramine

Re: Some of my best friends are strap-ons mounted on a jackhammer...

You say strap-on mounted on a jackhammer and stuffed into the buttcrack of Nelson Mandela like it's a bad thing.

Sometimes it is. Except for the time me and Ghandi smoked this assload of crank, and we just went bugnuts with the clippers and the hair dye with Jane Goodall's chimps.

Then Castro had to fcuk everything up by ass-pumping Diane Fossey with his acid-laced condoms...

I swear... Fidel always gotta swim up a waterfall.