The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

you didn't get this from me.

http://atom.smasher.org/error/

Thanks, Tim, but if you're still reading this thread, you'll see I found it on my own, just before Thrak "outed" it. ;)

You'll also see (at least, I think I mentioned it in this thread) that I'm building up a small selection of them on my website, and like the other pics there, people should feel free to link to them. They can be found at:

http://www.castle-walls.org/hero/error/

and the collection will grow as the mood strikes me. :)

Actually' date=' now that it's dying down, I miss "Kara and Rachel", as (and only as) such.[/quote']Me to, that's why I posted my random musing. A bout a day later Beetle creates THAT thread. Coincidence?

And why does Beetle's threads get derailed and locked? :P

Look--if you're only going to give me three days to do a full-page full-color glossy ad, then you do not have the right to nitpick my work 24 hours after the deadline has passed. I fucking sent you the proof with plenty of time to make comments. Now I'm supposed to drop what I'm doing and redo the whole thing and beg the publication to take the new ad? Thanks a lot, dingleberry.

Look--if you're only going to give me three days to do a full-page full-color glossy ad' date=' then you do not have the right to nitpick my work 24 hours [i']after[/i] the deadline has passed. I fucking sent you the proof with plenty of time to make comments. Now I'm supposed to drop what I'm doing and redo the whole thing and beg the publication to take the new ad? Thanks a lot, dingleberry.

I thought you were in IT??? :confused:

That's annoyng: Bud Gray has the same avatar as James Gillen. (different size though)

That's weird, since James has an avatar I wouldn't think people would pick, especially as it's kind of annoying (sorry JG!). In fact, I had to look for myself (not so much that I didn't believe you, I just wasn't sure if that was someone on these boards or on other boards you were at).

I thought you were in IT??? :confused:

I am Director of Marketing for a systems integrator where, six years ago, I joined as an engineer. The progression has been gradual. It's nice in the sense that I'm never bored. It's not so nice in the sense that I must do the work of two men. Neither hat provides any protection from incompetent losers who phone me because they're concerned about whether the print registration will be off, when they gave me only two days, effectively, to do the ad. It's not like I have anything else to do, like singlehandedly write up the entire company's marketing strategy, or totally rewrite the web site learning PHP as I go, or write, edit, lay out, print, and distribute an entire new set of collateral literature, or fight the local printer on their price-gouging estimate, or help get my subordinate's green card, or reinstall my dual boot Solaris-Windows box that I need for testing, or anything. Really, I have plenty of time to waste in constant revision of an ad that is past due and serves not to make the company money, but to boost someone's ego.

I am Director of Marketing for a systems integrator where' date=' six years ago, I joined as an engineer. The progression has been gradual. It's nice in the sense that I'm never bored. It's not so nice in the sense that I must do the work of two men. Neither hat provides any protection from incompetent losers who phone me because they're concerned about whether the print registration will be off, when they gave me only two days, effectively, to do the ad. It's not like I have anything else to do, like singlehandedly write up the entire company's marketing strategy, or totally rewrite the web site learning PHP as I go, or write, edit, lay out, print, and distribute an entire new set of collateral literature, or fight the local printer on their price-gouging estimate, or help get my subordinate's green card, or reinstall my dual boot Solaris-Windows box that I need for testing, or anything. Really, I have plenty of time to waste in constant revision of an ad that is past due and serves not to make the company money, but to boost someone's ego.[/quote']

Odd, I somehow missed this precise job role. Actually, personally, I have thought about trying to get more into marketing at work, but it's hard for me to justify that switch at my level of salary and I'm not so interested I'm willing to take the pay cut.

Okay, I'm ready to admit I've been cranky lately. Actually, a little beyond cranky.

The $%^&%!@* R&D guys won't pay attention to things we demonstrated didn't work a year ago! And have no concept of "net loss profit"! Aargh! I'm spending all my time making summaries and presentations to teach them what they should know as part of their own damn jobs!

Also, my boss is a nice guy, but he's driving me crazy insisting that I have to get high-handed with Operations to get them to make changes I don't think are necessary. So I've been arguing with him; I hate arguing with my boss.

Meanwhile my coworkers - my "peers" - whine about how much work they have. While they sit in each others' offices for 1/3 to 1/2 the day, chitchatting. Asshats.

*whew* It's been a while since the last prank wars at work; it may be time to epoxy everything on my coworkers' desks...