Name for villain?

The Horror

One of the players in my game is the superhero Mosquito Man (secret ID: Dr. Ross River). He was working with his research team in Africa when the entire area fell under a killer Malaria epidemic. All the local villagers died to the mosquito swarms, and his entire research team was infected. Knowing that his time was limited, Dr. Ross River injected himself with Mosquito DNA in the faint hope that he would become immune to the disease - at most a carrier rather than a victim.

He survived, but the cost was a mutation that turned him into Mosquito Man. He also became aware that the one who had caused the epidemic was another Mosquito like VIPER agent. The two became bitter enemies, and are trying to hunt each other down.

The villain will be similar to the PC, with more evil Mosquito like powers. What should I call him? I am completely stumped on this one.

The Horror

Re: Name for villain?

The parasite that causes malaria is of the genus Plasmodium. So:

Plasm

Plasmus

Other possibilities:

The Needle

Blood Needle (from the way the mosquito feeds)

Ill-Wind

Evil Wind (from the original belief that the disease was caused by "bad air", hence the name "mal aria"). Of course, your players will probably come up with some taunts based on these. Also, the connection is rather obscure...

Vector would, I think, be my choice. Especially since it allows the man to expand his modus operandi once he's been defeated once...

The mosquito species which carries malaria belongs to the genus Anopheles. That name could work for a sophisticated insect villain' date=' especially one with a scientific background.[/quote'] I'd been about to mull over some ideas, but this one really works for me. :thumbup:

You stifled my creative juices by saying the villain will have Mosquito powers. Maybe you should reconsider the villains powers. ;)

Dr. Off was the villain I thought of when I read Mosquito Man.

Bug Zapper: The villain emits a blue electric field that damages all who come near.

The villain will be similar to the PC, with more evil Mosquito like powers. What should I call him? I am completely stumped on this one.

Dr. Anopheles. OOOHH!

Consider it taken.

The mosquito species which carries malaria belongs to the genus Anopheles. That name could work for a sophisticated insect villain, especially one with a scientific background.

(Thanks to Allen Varney and Champions in 3-D for that factoid.) :thumbup: