Disadvantages for Pyro

SuperBlue

Okay.. considering Pyro was one of my favorite Mutant Brotherhood characters in the comics, one would think I could remember more about him (hey, it's been 10 years and I had to auction my comics to help pay for college).

Anyway... I'm doing a writeup of him for my X-Men PBEM game and I need 150 points in Disads, but I only have 100 points worth.

This is what I have so far:

15 DF: Detects as Mutant (NC, Extreme Reaction, Requires special group of senses)

5 DF: Australian Accent (EC, Noticed and Recognized)

10 Physical Limit: Loses Mutant Powers in Suppression Feild (IF, Greatly)

20 Hunted: Anti-Mutant Groups (+Pwr, NCI, 8-)

20 Hunted: Law Enforcement/Hero Groups (+Pwr, NCI, 8-)

15 Psych - Hates Humans (Com, Strong)

15 Psych - Overconfident (Com, Strong)

I was thinking of giving him a 10 Pt Psych Limit: Showoff (Com, Mod)... but would that fit under Overconfident?

I remember that he was a published novelist before joining the BoEM... any ideas how I could fit that in?

I do not recall him have any vulnerabilities to Cold or Water... and any effect those SFX have on his powers would be disadvantage points for his Flame Manipulation Powers...

Thanks!

Re: Disadvantages for Pyro

I'm at work, so I may be off, but can't you add a rep as a disad. Give him one like Member of Brotherhood or somesuch. Or even a disad for being friends with the Blob, cause that kind has got to have some Bad B.O.

Okay.. considering Pyro was one of my favorite Mutant Brotherhood characters in the comics, one would think I could remember more about him (hey, it's been 10 years and I had to auction my comics to help pay for college).

Anyway... I'm doing a writeup of him for my X-Men PBEM game and I need 150 points in Disads, but I only have 100 points worth.

This is what I have so far:

15 DF: Detects as Mutant (NC, Extreme Reaction, Requires special group of senses)

I was thinking of giving him a 10 Pt Psych Limit: Showoff (Com, Mod)... but would that fit under Overconfident?

I remember that he was a published novelist before joining the BoEM... any ideas how I could fit that in?

I do not recall him have any vulnerabilities to Cold or Water... and any effect those SFX have on his powers would be disadvantage points for his Flame Manipulation Powers...

Thanks!

I'd go with showoff anyways, it's different enough to cause trouble on its own IMO. :)

Frankly, I'd treat the hunted by super heroes as seperate from law enforcement, the methodologies (and perhaps even what they want to do with him) vary.

I forget, but did he start out with a secret identity, only to have it become public later? Either way, there's a social limitation.

I'm at work' date=' so I may be off, but can't you add a rep as a disad. Give him one like Member of Brotherhood or somesuch. Or even a disad for being friends with the Blob, cause that kind has got to have some Bad B.O.[/quote']

Okay... so now we're looking at:

15 Psych - Opportunistic (Com, Strong)

15 Rep - Mutant Terrorist (Ex, Only to spec group, 14-)

I've added Opportunistic... so I need another 20 points still...

Okay... so now we're looking at:

I've added Opportunistic... so I need another 20 points still...

I would add Pyromaina myself. He has to basicly make an EGO roll to avoid setting things on fire. It should not, thoe, be high enougth for him to get lost in the fire he just made, thoe. (Say Common, Strong, for 15 points)

And, finaly, a dice of Unluck, just to round things out.

Guest The JeRQ

I normally try to stay away from too many Psych lims due to the fact that I don't want to end up with the champions equivalent of Monk from the TBS series. You might try a DNPC or possibly even a public or secret ID.

My memories of Pyro may be a little out of date, but didn't he wear a tank of fuel that he used to feed his fires? Seems to me that he's had that tank explosively ruptured by attacks at some point in the past.

Maybe run that as a Suceptibility; Blowtorch in CKC has a Disad like that. In Pyro's case it would probably an instantaneous one, since he can quickly control the flames. OTOH if his fuel was built as an END Reserve or Charges for his powers, the Susceptibility could be loss of END when the tank is ruptured.

In the movie, Pyro said he could only manipulate fire; he cannot create it. And he carried that lighter, constantly flipping it open and lighting it. I'm not sure how or if that helps...

If you built Pyro along those lines, maybe it's a bit of info that could be used against him?

Mags

In the movie, Pyro said he could only manipulate fire; he cannot create it. And he carried that lighter, constantly flipping it open and lighting it. I'm not sure how or if that helps...

Mags

That was also true in the comics. That is why he carries a big modified flamethrower tank on his back, which fead, via tubes, to his gloves where he 'shot' and project the flames via his powers.

Oh, and people are forgeting that this is Super Blue's version of Pryo, and not exactly Marvels. What he is asking for is advice, it is up to him if he wants to impliment it or not.

And, more info on the exploding fule see Blowtorch in CKC.

Oh, and people are forgeting that this is Super Blue's version of Pryo, and not exactly Marvels. What he is asking for is advice, it is up to him if he wants to impliment it or not.

And, more info on the exploding fule see Blowtorch in CKC.

Heh, no worries Steriaca. I've been trying to stay true to the comic version, but blending some of the personality elements from the movie. Here is the final version of my Disadvantages for Pyro.

10 Psych - Opportunistic (Com, Mod)

25 Susc - If Fuel Tank is Ruptured: Flamethrower loses 2d6 END/Segment (He can shut the fire off if it combusts)

Anyway, thanks for your help guys!