Eurostar, CKC, and then some.

Kirby

Hello all,

I just picked up CKC and started reading through it. I was very shocked/disappointed with the Eurostar revision (omission?) Did I miss something, or were both White Flame and Pantera omitted from Eurostar history? Was this accidental, a legal issue, or are they mentioned elsewhere? I noticed that Ultrasonique was Le Sone renamed. Man, Pantera was the only member I didn't mind thrashing my character (strange, isn't it?). I guess I'm okay with Scorpia and Feuermacher being in, but what happened to Giganto?

I'm not the only one that thinks Gravitar's story just doesn't go well with Master Villain, am I? Her powers don't even seem to represent gravity other than their special effects. Her write-up says she's not a wanton killer, yet she has three killing attacks. Even her plot seeds don't seem that "realistic." I don't know, but to me, Deadweight from Enemies of San Angelo is a much better gravity villain.

Also, do we have to keep having the Ultimates? (Great, I'm ranting.) Some I can like as individuals, but I don't care for the team as a whole.

And I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but do we need Istvatha V'han and Takofanes? The first is a low-point (surprise there, actually) dimensional conquerer. Why do dimensional conquerors always have a hard time here? And why always Earth? Why don't they start on the moon or another alien planet? Takofanes seems to me like this: Here is an uber-villain that you can't possibly destroy, have fun. I much prefer the Crowns of Krim. My eyes really glazed over The Warlord section.

To not just be a rant, I liked most of the rest, especially Black Paladin, Bulldozer, Foxbat, Grond, Howler and Ogre. I'm undecided on Esper. And I REALLY liked the plots seeds for the people. I wonder if my next GM will let me be a Grond clone, or a low-level mutant Grond-hybrid. :winkgrin:

Now, has there been any other villain and hero sourcebooks? There are some I'm looking for, especially VOICE, Seven Horsemen, Protectors, Freedom Squad, Dr. Wu, etc. (The only other books I have for 5E are: Hero Sys 5E, VIPER, and Champions Battlegrounds.)

Thanks for your time.

Re: Eurostar, CKC, and then some.

Hello all,

I just picked up CKC and started reading through it. I was very shocked/disappointed with the Eurostar revision (omission?) Did I miss something, or were both White Flame and Pantera omitted from Eurostar history? Was this accidental, a legal issue, or are they mentioned elsewhere? I noticed that Ultrasonique was Le Sone renamed. Man, Pantera was the only member I didn't mind thrashing my character (strange, isn't it?). I guess I'm okay with Scorpia and Feuermacher being in, but what happened to Giganto?

Yes, White Flame and Pantera are gone from Chapions history. For the reasion for White Flame being gone, well, why have TWO flame projectors in Eurostar. As for Pantera...the only reasion is Steve dosen't like the charater. There is a lot of that going around (just look at CLOWN).

As for Giganto, well, he is somewhere in the San Murtie forest, mutating (see Champions Universe). Look for him to return sometime in an enimies book, or prehaps Champions Worldwide.

I'm not the only one that thinks Gravitar's story just doesn't go well with Master Villain, am I? Her powers don't even seem to represent gravity other than their special effects. Her write-up says she's not a wanton killer, yet she has three killing attacks. Even her plot seeds don't seem that "realistic." I don't know, but to me, Deadweight from Enemies of San Angelo is a much better gravity villain.

Hay, who said Champions is realistic? We are talking about people who wear there underwhare on the outside.

Oh, and since Deadweight is not a true Champions villian, he is not in the Champions Universe. So you might have to use Gravitar, if only when writing articals for Digital Hero (what you use in your own campain is your buisness).

Also, do we have to keep having the Ultimates? (Great, I'm ranting.) Some I can like as individuals, but I don't care for the team as a whole.

Yes, we have to keep the Ultimates. Besides, what's there to hate about a group of second tear villians getting together and acualy having a chance to be a first tear villian group.

And I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but do we need Istvatha V'han and Takofanes? The first is a low-point (surprise there, actually) dimensional conquerer. Why do dimensional conquerors always have a hard time here? And why always Earth? Why don't they start on the moon or another alien planet? Takofanes seems to me like this: Here is an uber-villain that you can't possibly destroy, have fun. I much prefer the Crowns of Krim. My eyes really glazed over The Warlord section.

Well, Steve COULD of writen up Tyron, but that would be about 25 pages of just him and fasets of him. As for Takofanes (it is so hard to spell his name), he was ment to be a 'link' charater. A villian who is both a Champions villian and a Fanticy Hero villian.

To not just be a rant, I liked most of the rest, especially Black Paladin, Bulldozer, Foxbat, Grond, Howler and Ogre. I'm undecided on Esper. And I REALLY liked the plots seeds for the people. I wonder if my next GM will let me be a Grond clone, or a low-level mutant Grond-hybrid. :winkgrin:

Now, has there been any other villain and hero sourcebooks? There are some I'm looking for, especially VOICE, Seven Horsemen, Protectors, Freedom Squad, Dr. Wu, etc. (The only other books I have for 5E are: Hero Sys 5E, VIPER, and Champions Battlegrounds.)

Thanks for your time.

Well, chances are, no VOICE, no Seven Horsemen, no Protectors. There will defently be a version of Dr. Wu, and Freedom Squad MIGHT be in Champions Worldwide.

Anyways, if you dislike a villian, you can always not use them. Or, beter yet, change them into something you CAN use. It is your campain. You can change it and still play Champions the HERO WAY (unlike many other RPGs out there).

As for Pantera...the only reasion is Steve dosen't like the charater. There is a lot of that going around (just look at CLOWN).

Dagnabit. :P

Yes' date=' we have to keep the Ultimates. Besides, what's there to hate about a group of second tear villians getting together and acualy having a chance to be a first tear villian group.[/quote']

Hmm... I didn't see that in their write-up, but that's a good plot idea. I did use that same strategy with other villain groups. I wonder why I didn't think of the Ultimates that way?

As for Takofanes (it is so hard to spell his name)' date=' he was ment to be a 'link' charater. A villian who is both a Champions villian and a Fanticy Hero villian.[/quote']

Heh, I call him Taco Fanny or Taco Fannies. When I first bought CKC, I skipped over him because I saw the Turakian knowledge skills. When I read up on him, I read him as to just be in CU, not FH. But thanks, I'll keep that in perspective. (Though I still think he's too powerful.)

Villain and hero sourcebooks - well, let's see:

The latest incarnation of the Champions superhero team is in the 5E Champions genre book by Aaron Allston. The only returnee is Defender (slightly altered), although Witchcraft is very close to Solitaire, and Ironclad bears more than a passing resemblance to Obsidian. They're at the new starting level of 350 points. The book also has several villains; familiar faces include Icicle, Pulsar and an upgraded Mechanon.

The UNTIL: Defenders Of Freedom sourcebook details that heroic organization extensively, including their staff superhero team, Unity.

There are several heroes and villains in the Champions Universe sourcebook, including a replacement for Malachite as Master of Genetics: "Teleios, the Perfect Man."

The campaign setting Millennium City has a bunch, including an expansion of PSI. Nightwind and Jade Phoenix from Watchers of the Dragon ended up there.

There's a cool e-book adventure in the Online Store, Shades Of Black, starring the Black Paladin and adding followers and allies.

We just recently added Reality Storm: When Worlds Collide, an epic cross-universe adventure a la the recent JLA/Avengers miniseries, between the Champs Universe and that of GOO's Silver Age Sentinels. The book has HERO stats for all of the Guard and three of their major enemies from SAS, as well as a detailed translation matrix between the two systems.

Next year we're getting another villain compendium, Villains, Vandals and Vermin, and there's an outside chance that Dr. Yin Wu will be included. There's virtually no chance of VOICE and the Protectors coming back for 5E, according to remarks by Steve Long here on the boards. I rather doubt that the Horsemen will be back, either, since the Crowns of Krim have filled the "powerful occult villain team" niche. The official CU timeline mentions the Golden Age American Eagle, but not his successor or the other members of the Freedom Squad, so if they do come back it will probably be in a different form.

I noticed that you've already looked into the expansions to VOICE on the thread that Steve "Captain Liberty" Perrin started. If you're interested in the Protectors, a couple of folks have posted good 5E updates to the heroes, and Scott Heine himself provided a link to new color artwork for several of them. You can find all those here.

I noticed that you've already looked into the expansions to VOICE on the thread that Steve "Captain Liberty" Perrin started. If you're interested in the Protectors' date=' a couple of folks have posted good 5E updates to the heroes, and Scott Heine himself provided a link to new color artwork for several of them.[/quote']

Thank you for the information. When my printer starts working properly, I'll have to print those guys out.

Thanks also for the information. It all sounds good, though I'm leery of doing any e-books for the time being.

It looks like I may have to start buying more 5E than I had originally intended; I just miss the $6-$10 adventure/supplements.

Guest WhammeWhamme

I was shocked/dissapointed that I had to wait till I was 18 to loose my virginity' date=' but I got over it. You will too.[/quote']

??? :confused:

Who are you talking to?

Hello all,

Thanks for your time.

The offiical reason for the disappearance of Bora, White Flame and The Whip is the Viper-Eurostar war and that these were casualties. Similarly after Scorpia murders Dr Terror and jumps ship, Feur comes with her and Giganto wanders off into the jungle. I think this is all in Champions Universe sourcebook. That has a timeline and some other characters. Very nice.

I like Gravitar more than the Warlord (useless) and the Crowns of Krim. One high power villain on their own. Useful.

I miss Plasmoid from the Ultimates. So I reworked him. I miss Deathstroke more though.

In the minority ? No quite a few of us are in the Istvatha V'han is useless club. Michael Surbook who logs on as Susano has a better version as does Enforcer and a pic to go with her in the Storn art section. Takofanes is also someone I am not fond of.

I have the old versions of the books you mention and anyone I want I'll convert.

IMO, Istvatha V'han is a solid concept comic book wise (Darkseid never takes over Earth either for long), she just needs fleshing out a bit. With the nigh overwhelming personal power of Takofanes, and Dr. Destroyer, it's almost a relief to see one 'mastermind' who's power lays chiefly in her hordes of followers.

But that's just my view on it. :)

RE: Protectors. Not likely to show up? Quasar has appeared in artwork in a couple of the books... Mind I'd like to see them appear in writeup form' date=' of course.[/quote']

Well, Quasar's appearance in art by Scott Heine was never named, of course. Scott has the rights to the characters and their images, and Steve Long has said that he doesn't want to use any characters that DOJ doesn't own (and he mentioned the Protectors as a specific example). Plus, there's already an "official" Quasar - the leader of UNTIL's sanctioned superteam, Unity.

Believe me, no one's more disappointed than me. I love the Protectors. I was really looking forward to Scott's Champions By The Bay supplement expanding on his campaign that was planned during the ICE regime. Apparently a lot of the manuscript was written, but neither Steve nor Scott are prepared to devote the resources to publish it. :(

In the minority ? No quite a few of us are in the Istvatha V'han is useless club. Michael Surbook who logs on as Susano has a better version as does Enforcer and a pic to go with her in the Storn art section.

Where's Susano's version? Is it on his site or in a forum thread?