So, how do you plan on using your Galactic Champions?

Hermit

At the risk of incurring the wrath of those who think the GC threads we have are enough, I thought I'd ask what plans those who have the product are.

Anyone already procedding with their own Galactic Champions campaign, at least in set up? If it can be told, what plans do you have? Perhaps myself and others can steal your ide... I mean, draw inspiration from your posts ;)

Re: So, how do you plan on using your Galactic Champions?

The GC threads we already have are enough! WRATH! WRATH!! :mad:

;)

Warning to my players: DIRE CONSEQUENCES if you peek:

I plan to liberally borrow the characters and concepts from GC for my modern-day campaign. In the near future I'll be introducing Thalya (who's already supposed to be active in the early 21st Century) and Bulletproof (who'll be bumped 60 years into the future instead of 1,000). The rest of the Champs 3000 I haven't decided on yet.

The Star*Guard is going to be arriving on Earth in a big way. I'll be using Brin Rae Tarn (the Star*Guard from Digital Hero, with the background and support crew detailed therein), but with Star-Shield's power level.

I haven't introduced the Slug or Firewing yet, and when I do I'll mostly be keeping their background from CKC but upgrading them to GC power level, as well. I'm thinking that there's interesting potential for conflict between those two for my PCs to get caught between. :D

The Examiner and other "space gods" may show up sometime in the future, but that kind of power needs to be introduced carefully for maximum effect. As for Mechanon, I've decided that the unit on Earth is one of the avatars of the Big Giant Head, meaning that if organic life on this planet doesn't die before too much longer, BGH may have to pay a visit... :eek:

Lots of other great characters to steal, of course, but I'm going to let the fullness of time reveal to me the best way to introduce them.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of those who think the GC threads we have are enough, I thought I'd ask what plans those who have the product are.

Anyone already procedding with their own Galactic Champions campaign, at least in set up? If it can be told, what plans do you have? Perhaps myself and others can steal your ide... I mean, draw inspiration from your posts ;)

In the Champions Universe, the book speaks of a cosmic event that includes every hero in all the timelines. I plan on using that for the back drop of my players being shot 1000 years into the future. Mostly they will be there to finish something important and then hightail it back to the past. Occasionally they might be called to the future to help out with some crisis or another that had it's origin in the 20th or 21st century.

I'm seriously considering having an LSH style future team interacting with my Silver Age silliness. But that's a team from the _real_ future - the far distant 21st Century! You know the period - flying cars, robots, and nuclear families living on the Moon.

And just think - if Adlai Stevenson hadn't been elected, it mightn't have happened.

Slightly more sanely, the Big Giant Head is likely to make an appearance. It's just so _right_.

Guest Major Tom

For right now, I plan on using GC and the USPD to write up my character

Powerstar (who was originally called Starguard until the Allies book

for 4th Ed. Champions came out) the way it should be written.

Major Tom :thumbup:

I've been running a Legion of Super-Heroes game for a couple of years now, and of course it's high-point and set in the 30th/31st century. Hmmm...sounds a lot like Galactic Champions, doesn't it? :)

Seriously, though, I only picked up GC today, so I don't know yet...but my intention is to use it as fodder for my Legion game.

As can probably be guessed by my starting this thread and fishing for your ideas... I'm not sure myself yet.

I'm not going to have the PC team on Earth I don't think. Spreading out superhero teams around the GC just makes sense to me. However, most of the group probably WILL be human so I have to take that into account.

One PC is considering making a descendent of her Space Pirate (From a TE campaign) who re-discovers the formula from yet another past hero of hers that is suddenly working again :)

I am hoping to have it based in the future, this will allow me to rip off the names for some of the NPCs for my own creations in 'current' time.