Finally Picked up Heroes 5th and Champions...

Evil Toki

Been a long time Superhero gamer and I finally picked up Hero 5th Ed. the other day, the latest edition along with Champions and the Conquerers, Killers, and Crooks book. I have to say this is the best stuff I have seen, I can truly build any hero or character I want, I am still learning the system but I hope to share my imagination with the boards, but I have to say this book has me sold... I love it! :love:

Re: Finally Picked up Heroes 5th and Champions...

I'm also impressed. I'm glad they were able to get Aaron Alliston on the Champions book. There are blights on the books just like any others though.

Hero 5th: There are weird printing errors in my copy of the book. On some entries there are missing lines in the transition from one column to the next.

Champions: The random hero generator sucks. There was a better one way back in third ed I believe, but it took up a lot more page space.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the books' date=' E.T.! If you have any questions, feel free to post 'em here; we're all willing to help. :hex:[/quote']

Thanks a bunch I just like the fact I can build a hero exactly the way I want him to be built... Mustants & Masterminds is great but it lacks that ability to build a hero exactly hhow I want them, and for them to seem different...

Champions: The random hero generator sucks. There was a better one way back in third ed I believe' date=' but it took up a lot more page space.[/quote']

I actually like the generator. Its only flaw is that it doesn't produce balanced characters, but what random generator can?

The most important thing to remember when visiting these boards... and it's critical, I can't stress that enough...

Is to beware of Hermit. He has an army of undead, cyborg ferrets and is bent on global domination.

Even worse about Hermit is that he's not that far from 10,000 posts. When that happens he... um. *thinks about consequences*

Ignore all of that! Hermit is my favorite forum poster! He's the most brilliant and insightful posters on the forum! Anyone who says anything against him is clearly jealous of his brilliant wit and insight! I've never said anything against him! Except for a few postings that were clearly done by an imposter! Listen to Hermit! Read his writings! Memorize them! There will be a test later!

*looks at the countdown to apothesis and starts packing bags*

Glad to have you aboard, E.T. Please consider these boards your collective HERO guru. :thumbup:

The USPD is a favorite book around here, and a great answer to all the complaints that creating supers in HERO is too complicated and time-consuming.

You might want to check out the Online USPD for even more neat stuff. Most of it is fan-generated.

Let us know if there are any other resources that would be helpful to you. There's a great deal of HERO stuff out there, so chances are good that we could point you in the right direction. :)

Glad to have you aboard, E.T. Please consider these boards your collective HERO guru. :thumbup:

The USPD is a favorite book around here, and a great answer to all the complaints that creating supers in HERO is too complicated and time-consuming.

You might want to check out the Online USPD for even more neat stuff. Most of it is fan-generated.

Let us know if there are any other resources that would be helpful to you. There's a great deal of HERO stuff out there, so chances are good that we could point you in the right direction. :)

Thanks an awesome resource already downloaded the PDF!

Champions perpetuated the physiology/physiognomy confusion that's plagued comics since Claremont got it wrong and superhero gaming copied him.

Physiology: An individual's physical makeup.

Physiognomy: Either an individual's face, or the Victorian pseudo-science of attributing personality traits based on facial features.

F'rinstance, Ironclad has both an alien physiognomy and a mutated alien physiology. But I'm pretty sure all his cool powers derive from the latter, not the former.