Hero Needs Reviewers!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hero Needs Reviewers!!

Review of Fantasy Hero Grimoire II

I wanted to rate this one higher, but I got tripped up on what for me became a key issue.

I suspect my next review will get a higher score, given what I'm reading next. I've actually got three more books in the plan, and then we'll see what happens from there. ;)

Eosin: you can edit reviews at enworld, and one of the options it will give you is to delete them. Use that to get rid of the extra review.

I am going to be updating all of the products pages with links to all of the reviews that have been done for our books. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone who has done reviews could email me links to them. Please send them to benseeman@herogames.com. Thanks everyone!

Sent! I've done a dozen so far for GamingReport, with 3 more in the pipeline.

Got my review copy of Dark Champions today. Of course I'm still reading it, and writing the review, but the short answer is:

"get your punk a** out there and buy this!" otherwise I'm going to have to use it to make a super-pimp NPC and go over there and take care of business on you.

Or... rather...

The book looks really good, and I'll have to make sure I can avoid the 'you're just saying that cause you got a review copy'.

You can all trade in your copies of d20 modern now... they're just not worth owning anymore, unless you like that pic of the character that looks like Lucy Liu (come on, was there really any other reason to buy that book, given the mechanics of the game?)...

For what it's worth, I found another review of The Turakian Age over at GamingReport.com. This one is fairly brief but TA gets high marks again. These reviews have worked at least once. After reading these TA reviews, I placed an order for my very own copy. I guess groceries can be put off another couple of weeks. :)

My first three just went live over at Gamingreport:

Reality Storm

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1187

The Ultimate Brick

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1196

Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1197

More are on the way. So, coach, do I make the team??

My Dark Champions review went live on gamingreport.com today as well:

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1198

Same review as before, different website.

The Dark Champions review is not -yet- listed here on the reviews pages of the products section. :tsk:

The Dark Champions review is not -yet- listed here on the reviews pages of the products section.

As Ben has mentioned on another thread, he would appreciate it if you'd e-mail him your review links (to benseeman@herogames.com) when you post them, because he doesn't always catch them in these threads. Thanx!

Fantasy Hero Grimoire II review -finally- went live:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10597.phtml

As did Dark Champions over at rpg.net:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10626.phtml

(yeah I emailed them in at the same time as I posted this, so they can get put on the reviews list when that email gets processed.)

I'm out of reviews for now, need to find something else to review. I feel like I need to review a d20 book just so I don't look like a Hero-phile with a whole stash of Hero reviews, but I can't think of any d20 books I want to review right now. On the other hand, there are still some Hero books that I might 'go after' - it's a great way to motivate oneself to read a book in your 'reading queue.'

Id just like to mention, probably unnecessarily, that I plan to do a review of Dark Champions, and in fact it is my most anticipated book of this years release schedule. Fantasy HERO and DarkC are my two biggest interests genre wise.

However, Im going to be out of town until early September as previously mentioned, and also I expect it will likely take a few days to catch up once I get back. So if you dont see a review of DC from me prior to mid September dont get the wrong impression that Im not going to be a reliable reviewer and drop me from the list ;)

Also, is it possible to indicate lines we are (or are not) interested in reviewing? For example I have somewhere approaching zero interest in SciFi games so even if I were inclined to do a review of a product in the Star HERO line Im not really qualified to do so (lacking much bg in SciFi games in general). Not that a glut of SH products is likely to be forthcoming, but you get the idea.

I just got back from vacation yesterday evening, and am ready to receive review copies at Tina's earliest convenience. Thanx!

Hey, all- I'm new to the board but been a fan for a while. I've recently started writing reviews for HERO. I've written reviews for:

Sidekick

Galactic Champions

The Mystic World

Links for these can be found on the products page (thanks, Ben). I'm working on a review for VIPER and will post it to RPGnet which means it will likely see print next year :) After that, I will probably wait for Dark Champions and Arcane Adversaries to come in for review.

I look forward to sharing and exchanging ideas with you all.