Stupid villains concepts

Tech

What are some stupid villain concepts that you have in your game - and still use because the players actually like them?

One of mine was 'The Squirrel'. A real squirrel given above average intelligence but still thought like a squirrel. Didn't have much PD & ED but just try and catch him... as in DCV 16 with Dex and small size.

Don't think I have any really stupid concepts in my game currently. I think the one that was brought up as a crime of mine was the Towel Master with his Terry Cloth agents.

They all had Find Weakness and AP attacks... Nothing worse for a hero than being taken out by agents weilding wet towels. :cool:

Re: Stupid villains concepts

Originally posted by Tech

What are some stupid villain concepts that you have in your game - and still use because the players actually like them?

One of mine was 'The Squirrel'. A real squirrel given above average intelligence but still thought like a squirrel. Didn't have much PD & ED but just try and catch him... as in DCV 16 with Dex and small size.

Note to Dave Mattingly and Mike Surbrook:

Too late -- I saw it already! :P

(For those who don't understand... don't worry about it.)

Coincidentally, I think someone in our group (who is not me) actually tried to make a player character squirrel in another game.

Here are the two who stick out in my mind...

Jester: (Yup, you can picture him already). Think of the worst, most overplayed jokes ever. I'd use every bad joke my grandfather ever told me. I didn't use him because the players liked him; no, quite the opposite.

Dead Ringer: Think of Blackbolt, from THE INHUMANS, in that he has a sonic power he can't control. His problem is that it only happens when he laughs, but is "always on" and therefore he has no real control over it. Then he has a disadvantage that he thinks nearly everything is funny. So something funny happens and his cone-shaped sonic attack wipes out whoever is in front of him. Actually used to get big laughs from the players.

I had a really lame villain idea just a couple of days ago (haven't had time to write him up yet):

BLUNDERBUSS: a power-armor villain with a blunderbuss and pilgrim theme. He's a descendant of one of the Mayflower colonists, driven to villainy by the "commercialization" of Thanksgiving. One arm of his powered suit has a flared gun barrel like a blunderbuss, which he uses to make a lame, reduced penetration RKA. I imagine his armor would malfunction a lot too (like the Maine in the BBB).

He's also got a vehicle: the Blunderbuss Bus! It's one of those short school buses, which he's converted to suit his nefarious purposes. It breaks down a lot too.

You can see some of the silly ones in the Superhero Images thread.

Dr Jackal was created by the infamous Marion Willow. He was a refined Gentleman in Top Hat. And basically a Jackal as human being.

His partner in crime was Mr Punch. Like Punch from the Punch and Judy shows. These were Paul Geelan's creations.

And then there was Dr Strangefruit. Again picture in the Superhero Images thread, page 14 I believe. Cross Caren Miranda with Dr Doom. Great fun.

I did one called Armagideon who did very bizarre things before being carted back to the Mental Hospital. Like trying to stick solid rocket boosters to Big Ben (the clock by the Houses of Parliament in London) to launch it into orbit to kill mini aliens. He did have one major triumph. He thought he was Lord Foul the Despiser from The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. And the Main GM who was playing that night bought it hook, line and sinker. The song really should have clued him in but no he was paralysed. After the scenario he had the look of one of the Warner or MGM cartoons with the Jackass head. He realised with hindsight he should have seen through it.

Fortunately, my players have banned (eg threatened violence) many of my stupid ideas.

Genisis:Only one power;Transform (any one thing to any other thing). Sounds hideous, but Genisis loves cartoons. No one ever gets hurt in a cartoon for long, everything ends happy. He's nuts, with terrifying power, and a childish sense of humor. Think like a cartoon character and you'll do fine.

Fizgig:A super attack rodent about the size of a Pomeranian. Looks a bit like an evil Pomeranian. Can peel open an armoured car in 6 seconds.

The Venusian Veinseeker was kind of fun. A phlobotomist with a knack for engineering and a paranoid delusional to boot, he created his phlobodocable backpack which was similar to the drug extracting device in I Come In Peace. He belived he was on a mission from the Venusian HemoLords to collect blood to reseed their planet. Mars may want our women, but Venus needs our blood.

Stupid characters

Clyde T. Whip AKA

The Wacky Snapper

(60pt wacky snapper pool)

And Real insane to boot!!

For those who might not know, a wacky snapper is a sticky piece of rubber(or plastic) brighlty colored, and has about 1 inch of stretching on it) usually aquired from a 25 cent machine at the front of a supermarket.

He will enter play tonight probably