Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I assume he has two more. Unless he's got 'em on either Mediterranean & Baltic or Park Place & Boardwalk' date=' then he only has to have one.[/quote']

He still only has to have the one. The other properties could have 4 houses.

Well I have seen a trailer for Straightheads even though the trailer ain't supposed to be out yet. Film is scheduled for April 26/27.

Bazza if you want to see Gillian in it head to YouTube and type in Straightheads trailer. It may not be there for much longer.

Wow, I hadn't heard they were doing an English Yuppie remake of Deliverance. :winkgrin:

Well I have seen a trailer for Straightheads even though the trailer ain't supposed to be out yet. Film is scheduled for April 26/27.

Bazza if you want to see Gillian in it head to YouTube and type in Straightheads trailer. It may not be there for much longer.

Darn I missed it. :( I did a search in google for "Straightheads trailer" and found a pdf that is way cool (http://www.xfiles-mania.de) and another one I RECOMMEND Mr Tribble is the http://www.toxicmagazine.com one. :yes:

I'll keep an eye out for the trailer, oh yes I will.

Darn I missed it. :( I did a search in google for "Straightheads trailer" and found a pdf that is way cool (http://www.xfiles-mania.de) and another one I RECOMMEND Mr Tribble is the http://www.toxicmagazine.com one. :yes:

I'll keep an eye out for the trailer, oh yes I will.

It did not show the last ten seconds but what it did show was good. And it is the official trailer. It's about 4 minute long. It was posted on IDMB as well as YouTube and removed both times. I'll let you know about your links.

It did not show the last ten seconds but what it did show was good. And it is the official trailer. It's about 4 minute long. It was posted on IDMB as well as YouTube and removed both times. I'll let you know about your links.
Thanks.

And and you'll have to do the google search for my goodies to be revealed. :)

So I read this article in the paper the other week about cholesterol. It quoted researchers as saying that the best cholesterol drug in existence was no statin but a vitamin--plain old niacin, B12. Why do they not not have everyone on massive niacin overdoses to boost their good cholesterol count? Because B12 supplements give 70% of the population headaches or facial itching. They're working on finding ways to block those.

But being me, I read the article as saying that I had a 30% chance of being able to just take B12 and having lots of good cholesterol. So I went to the drugstore and picked up a bottle, and took it right after lunch (it needs to be taken with food). Does my head hurt? No. Does my face itch? No. But everything else itches, especially the back of my neck. Damn. And it's bad enough that I can't do this every day. Maybe if I reduce the dosage...

My doctor had me try niacin therapy, oh, ten-twelve years ago. I got the itchy attacks like you did (though with me there was some hot-flash-like symptoms too), and it is FAR worse if you don't take it with food, incidentally. I stuck with it gamely for a month (which I have largely suppressed from my memory, for obvious reasons) and then we punted on it: didn't do a damned thing for my cholesterol. That's true for just about all my friends who have cholesterol issues, too.

What surprises me is how fast it works. I take the pill and inside of four minutes my neck is flushed and itchy. And it stays that way for about twenty minutes. I'm done itching now, but I'm wondering if there's an easy way to break these pills in half, or if some kind of delayed-release coating would prevent the itch.