Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

The answer I've gotten is that it connotes the less convenient manifestations of female arousal, and reminds them of a situation where it was least convenient.

I have noticed that those who claim to go commando seem to have a more negative connotation attached to the word.

Some give other examples of words they're also grossed out by; that one seems to be the most near-universal among femalekind.

I just find it funny. I'll have to ask the female acquaintances I actually speak to in person, sometime.

This is the first time I've ever heard of it, and I've known a number of women who I thought would've mentioned it if they felt that way. *shrug*

While that may be an appropriate word to describe the manifestation of female arousal you mention, it does have a lot of other uses. And for that matter I've never heard men complaining that the word "stiff" is offensive to men or that it should be banned.

This is the first time I've ever heard of it, and I've known a number of women who I thought would've mentioned it if they felt that way. *shrug*

While that may be an appropriate word to describe the manifestation of female arousal you mention, it does have a lot of other uses. And for that matter I've never heard men complaining that the word "stiff" is offensive to men or that it should be banned.

I'm not sure what I've said that makes you think I agree there's any merit at all to the claim that it's sexist or offensive. I find the very idea that it could be considered such quite snicker-worthy, to the point where I had to suppress laughter when I stumbled across the link.

Personally, I associate the word with baked goods. Which, I suppose, carries its own connotations, if one's mind is permanently lodged in the gutter (as mine seems to be).

I'm not sure what I've said that makes you think I agree there's any merit at all to the claim that it's sexist or offensive. I find the very idea that it could be considered such quite snicker-worthy, to the point where I had to suppress laughter when I stumbled across the link.

Personally, I associate the word with baked goods. Which, I suppose, carries its own connotations, if one's mind is permanently lodged in the gutter (as mine seems to be).

Didn't mean to give the impression you agreed with them. :o I was just posting my response to that type of anti-sense. :)

And yeah, I associate moist with baked goods much more readily than with famale arousal. I wonder if the women in question were either traumatized by Betty Crocker commercials, or have just never seen them... :D

Betty Crocker can be pretty traumatic' date=' in a diabetic shock sort of way.[/quote']

Heh. But I could see those commercials being pretty traumatic for someone who considers "moist" to be offensive. Since they at least used to use that word quite a bit to describe the products of their mixes.

I am given to understand that the astrophysics term "black hole" is used phonetically around the world; it is not translated' date=' because often a literal translation of the term results in a vulgarity.[/quote']

You mean.. there's a literal translation in some culture that isn't a vulgarity?

Heh. But I could see those commercials being pretty traumatic for someone who considers "moist" to be offensive. Since they at least used to use that word quite a bit to describe the products of their mixes.

Hmm. You may be on to something, there. I know I'm not supposed to like food (because it goes straight to my hips and butt), and many people have much better willpower than I do. But just the sight of that fork dipping into the cake, and the gooey frosting sort of clinging and stretching . . .

Man, I should NOT post right before lunch.

To OddHat, re the job note, good point. I was glad to make the job change within my company that I have, and was good for others as well.

I don't think I was correctly socialized.

Well, you're among a group of people here with that issue! ;) (Not exempting myself by any means)

I'm thinking that was a "Real Genius" reference.

got it in one!

I've encountered a lot of females who are grossed out by the term. As I am, mentally, five, I then repeat it at them until it's just another word, and giggle when they say, "Ew!"

It's a lot of fun, actually. ^ v ^

Moist?

*shakes head*

I just don't get it, obviously.

I gotta start integrating the use of the word "moist" into my common vocabulary, apparently.

Gotta keep up with trends, eh?

Moist?

*shakes head*

I just don't get it, obviously.

I gotta start integrating the use of the word "moist" into my common vocabulary, apparently.

Gotta keep up with trends, eh?

It has been part of my common vocab for quite some time (30+ years at least) and I've never heard of someone having an issue with it. I'll just have to make sure I keep using it. :)

To OddHat, re the job note, good point. I was glad to make the job change within my company that I have, and was good for others as well.

Hence my need to change job functions as well. There are still aspects I like, but there are warning bells going off.

Tomorrow night is Samhain, I'm leading ritual, and I don't have one prepared.

Now THAT's scary.

Lucius Alexander

Going to Halloween as a man on a palindromedary

You'll never get there on a Palindromedary. They can never come or go, but only both at once. If you find room, add a word for Orion Kaspar, who will be arriving tomorrow or the day after.

Ultimately' date=' our internal dialog is only with ourselves. All that thought, the brain looking at the brain looking at the brain, and no one else to hear it. I wonder if that's why I spent so much time in prayer as a child and teen, and why I spend so much time writing now; to let that dialog out.[/quote']

Brainzzzzz

Ultimately, our internal dialog is only with ourselves

Actually, ultimately God keeps track of ALL our internal dialog...not just the prayers, yeah, that's right. That girl you were thinking to yourself about all the stuff you were going to do to her? God got that on tape.

;)

Actually, ultimately God keeps track of ALL our internal dialog...not just the prayers, yeah, that's right. That girl you were thinking to yourself about all the stuff you were going to do to her? God got that on tape.

;)

However, God is not going to blackmail you with it, so you are in the clear. ;)

That girl you were thinking to yourself about all the stuff you were going to do to her? God got that on tape.

;)

However' date=' God is not going to blackmail you with it, so you are in the clear. ;)[/quote']

Even when I thought I believed, I never believed G_d would be concerned with such trivia. Your concept of G_d is your own, and I respect that, but the G_d of my fathers has better things to do than track my sex fantasies. ;)

Even when I thought I believed' date=' I never believed G_d would be concerned with such trivia. Your concept of G_d is your own, and I respect that, but the G_d of my fathers has better things to do than track my sex fantasies. ;)[/quote']

Spoilsport. :P

:)

Even when I thought I believed' date=' I never believed G_d would be concerned with such trivia. Your concept of G_d is your own, and I respect that, but the G_d of my fathers has better things to do than track my sex fantasies. ;)[/quote']

That's right, he keeps track of mine. That's where the action is. :D